Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the bucs get farve, then garcia isn't going to want to stay there. I wanted garcia after he left the eagles. He would be an improvement over what we have here. I'm thinking we making a run at him then.

I would LOVE Garcia.

If the bucs get farve, then garcia isn't going to want to stay there. I wanted garcia after he left the eagles. He would be an improvement over what we have here. I'm thinking we making a run at him then.

He wants "market value", I don't think he's worth it. Also, I really hope we don't get into a bidding war with Tampa over Favre, Tampa needs to get this done and end this ****.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3520064

The NYJETS have got to make GB an offer they cant refuse.I havent read 1 thing positive about any of the QBs we have in camp yet.Everythig is speculation and dreams.I like Pennington but he will do what he has in the past fail us.Im not sold on Clemens and the organization is not ready to go with a rookie in Ratliff or Ainge.

1 last ditch all out effort to GET FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong.

Favre was a great QB, no question about that...and I do agree that he can potentially be better then both Clemens and Pennington. BUT, it is important to remember that he is 39 years old, only made the playoffs one out of the last 4 years playing in the NFC NORTH. Although he does have a big arm, he has an even bigger ego, which sometimes gets him into trouble.

The point is, no matter what kind of offer we make for him, we are not going to be getting the 27 - 30 year old 'sure thing' Brett Favre, we'd be getting the 39 year old version. Sure, if we can trade Pennington for Favre straight up, Im all for it at this point...But I disagree with the statement that we have to "make an offer they cant refuse." I dont know about you, but I'd much rather the 22-23 year old versions of Darelle Revis, David Harris, Nick Mangold, Vernon Gholston, etc. etc. then the 39 year old version of Brett Favre for 2 years, if that.

LOL...From Rotoworld...

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports that Brett Favre is "receptive" to the idea of talking with the Buccaneers about a trade.

The Packers have once again rejected his request to talk to NFC North teams, so it doesn't seem like Favre is going to get his wish in the short term. For now, Tampa Bay seems like the most likely destination, but it's possible Pine Valley's Erika Cain -- oh, wait, wrong soap opera.

Favre is open to CONSIDERING a trade to Tampa Bay but there has been nothing about the Jets. He probably will not accept a deal to the Jets, infact I can pretty much guarentee it. In the end Brett will be in Minnesota or Tampa Bay.

as much as i understand what you are saying JetKid, because Favre's family will try to convince him that the jets are a very viable option. you have to state in the title or in the first sentence that this is your opinion.

look north Jersey may not be like Mississippi for huntin' and fishin' but it isn't bad. Favre is so freakin headspun and irrational (temporarily) right now that he doesn't realize new jersey is quite different than his probable preconception of New York City

I have no idea of what Jetkid's history is, but at least as regards this thread his title was accurate.

If he had titled the thread "It sort of looks like Favre WILL be traded here", then that definitely would be an overstatement and would not correlate with the ESPN story he posted. But instead he wrote, "It sort of looks like Favre MAY be traded here", and between the "sort of" and the "may" it is not really possible to think it implies a sure thing, or even a strong possibility.

Everybody had been declaring the Favre-to-Jets thing dead and buried for days, and he merely started a thread to inform us that ESPN still puts it as a possiblity. In fact, since Favre left camp in a huff with McCarthy apparently following him, the chances for a trade away from the Packers certainly seemed to have increased today.

As to whatever Jetkid might have done previously on this site, he's on his own for defending that. But he did good here.

On sportscenter..stated Favre has spoken to the Jets. Said the Packers are asking for more from Tampa than the Jets to guide him out of NFC. Favre was at first mad about that but with the clock ticking keeping all options open

Archived