Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please STFU you absolute waste of oxygen.

I definitely agree with that.

And I think you make some solid points about the risks of trading for Favre. He did play great last year but his 2 years prior to that were underwhelming. And whether the Jets are a super bowl team with Favre or not is very debatable (obviously). However it seems like the Jets FO does think they can reach that level with Favre on the team, and they are willing to take those risks that Irish mentions.

Talk about the glass if half full. He got his team to OT against a team that beat the 16-0 Patriots!!! Yes, he threw the game ending pick. That one play above everything else about him means he can't bring the Jets to a Super Bowl?

I think your obvious personal feelings toward Favre are effecting your judgement on this. Just my opinion.

Plus hell we're all used to game ending picks from Chad so no big deal. It will almost feel like he's still with us.

I definitely agree with that.

And I think you make some solid points about the risks of trading for Favre. He did play great last year but his 2 years prior to that were underwhelming. And whether the Jets are a super bowl team with Favre or not is very debatable (obviously). However it seems like the Jets FO does think they can reach that level with Favre on the team, and they are willing to take those risks that Irish mentions.

Theres risks with every player including draft picks some who never make the opening day roster.The NYJETS have been very active this off-season.If Chad or Kellen gave us the best chance at winning the NYJETS wouldnt even be involved in the Favre sweepstakes.

to use a quote I probably used 30 yrs ago....

takes one to know one.. hahah... In all honesty though, if that's the only reply you can come up with....

LOL dude, calling IJ "barack Jet" isn't much higher.

Why can't you actually discuss the topic at hand, instead of start a whole off topic personal attack war for no good reason?

frankly i would like to see what OUR brett can do.. if we get #4 .. and if chad is gone ( :( ) then i wouldn't mind seeing what ratliff can do.

please check into the****OFFICIAL Brett Ratliff Fan Club****forum

Drago is the president and I am VP-currently we're the only 2 members but are always on the lookout for newbies...welcome there's always fresh coffee and an Entemanns crumbcake at the ready

Talk about the glass if half full. He got his team to OT against a team that beat the 16-0 Patriots!!! Yes, he threw the game ending pick. That one play above everything else about him means he can't bring the Jets to a Super Bowl?

I think your obvious personal feelings toward Favre are effecting your judgement on this. Just my opinion.

True, but he would not have 'got' his team to OT had Tynes not missed two FG attempts. The Packers IMO were lucky enough to stay in that game for as long as they did. Brett just did not play well that day, anyone who argues otherwise is in some kind of denial.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Favre as a person, I've made that clear numerous times. I hate what he has done to the GB Packers franchise, he should have simply made a desicion earlier and stuck with it. Anyways, I'm not sure that has a huge impact in my evaluation of him as a football player. He didn't play well that day in Green Bay and IMHO he was the main reason the Packers lost the game, maybe the way I'm putting it (Eg.**** the bed) is a bit harsh due to my personal feelings but my point itself remains.

I think he's a good NFL QB, not as great as some would make out, but still very good. It's more the way he plays that bothers me, I always feel that his gunslinging mentality will come back to haunt him in the playoffs and as history shows it does. He just cannot get away with that stuff vs the elite defenses, which makes me even more skeptical over what he could achieve in the AFC, where IMO the D's are much stronger.

With the immaturity aside, If the jets do pull this off, which is about 50/50 right now.. I think your future QB, will be Erik Ainge... :cheers:

And if Farve is only a 1 yr guy, it was not worth it..

Maybee Bubba Franks could text him for you..

Im still saying he will be on the Bucs, but the jets would be very interesting:character42:

to use a quote I probably used 30 yrs ago....

takes one to know one.. hahah... In all honesty though, if that's the only reply you can come up with....

You're personally attacking for no reason. I'm wasn't even directing my posts towards you. Maybe my comment was a little much, but please just lay off. I shouldn't have to 'come up with' a reply to that bull****.

please check into the****OFFICIAL Brett Ratliff Fan Club****forum

Drago is the president and I am VP-currently we're the only 2 members but are always on the lookout for newbies...welcome there's always fresh coffee and an Entemanns crumbcake at the ready

can i be the julie mccoy? ;)

and who can resist a little entemanns? :lol:

You're personally attacking for no reason. I'm wasn't even directing my posts towards you. Maybe my comment was a little much, but please just lay off. I shouldn't have to 'come up with' a reply to that bull****.

Personally attacking? no.. you just flip flop like Barack Obama.. nothing personal about it.

Archived