Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

It's a huge F.U. considering the fact that I'm whining AND I don't want Favre! :lol:

For you yes, it would be a double whammy.

Maybe Antoine Winfield's wife will talk to Deanna Favre and reconsider letting Antoine play here once she hears about NJ as well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

Packers | Team asking Tampa Bay for third-round pick and player for Favre

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:48:34 -0700 ESPNews' Sal Paolantonio reports the Green Bay Packers have asked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a third-round draft pick and a player in exchange for Packers QB Brett Favre.

Packers | Jets offer team conditional fourth-round pick for Favre

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:51:46 -0700

ESPNews' Sal Paolantonio reports the New York Jets have offered the Green Bay Packers a conditional fourth-round pick in exchange for Packers QB Brett Favre.

They didn't ask us for anything. They asked Tampa Bay. We are offering a 4th...this is interesting.

UPDATE:

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:48:34 -0700 ESPNews' Sal Paolantonio reports the Green Bay Packers have asked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a third-round draft pick and a player in exchange for Packers QB Brett Favre.

ESPNews' Sal Paolantonio reports the New York Jets have offered the Green Bay Packers a conditional fourth-round pick in exchange for Packers QB Brett Favre.

They didn't ask us for anything. They asked Tampa Bay. We are offering a 4th...this is interesting.

It is one of those, they got our offer and went to Tampa and said "The Jets are giving us this, you have to give us this if you want him"

It is one of those, they got our offer and went to Tampa and said "The Jets are giving us this, you have to give us this if you want him"

Also the Bucs are in the same conference and they are playing them this year, so the asking price will definitely be higher for them.

UPDATE:

Who knows how true it is, but it makes sense that they'd need more from Tampa than the Jets. They face Tampa this year, and will compete with Tampa for a WC berth and possibly in the playoffs.

Plus, that's where Brett would prefer to go, so they might as well milk it for all it's worth.

Not sure why any of you are torturing yourselves by listening to those tools on ESPN. Who knows what is going on! Half the manure they spew is exactly that - manure. It's 'gonna be a bidding war and an appeal to Favre's ego. Either one of these teams - Tampa pr the Jets - could get Favre. Stop killing yourselves by reading John Calyton's crap or Mort's crap or Smith's crap....sleep well, have some nice dreams and who knows, Brett could be a Jet tomorrow.

Not sure why any of you are torturing yourselves by listening to those tools on ESPN. Who knows what is going on! Half the manure they spew is exactly that - manure. It's 'gonna be a bidding war and an appeal to Favre's ego. Either one of these teams - Tampa pr the Jets - could get Favre. Stop killing yourselves by reading John Calyton's crap or Mort's crap or Smith's crap....sleep well, have some nice dreams and who knows, Brett could be a Jet tomorrow.

I agree

As ussual we agree. :)

*reads own sig then*

:headbang:

You are quite wise.

You know...for a dirty Pats fan ;)

A 4th round pick for Brett Favre is nothing when we're getting anywhere from a 2nd to a 4th in return for Jonathan Vilma. A 2nd-4th round pick means nothing to us thanks to the Vilma deal.

Hopefully tomorrow a press conference is called and Brett is a Jet.

Those are the worst looking jerseys I've ever seen. If it happens, I'll get one Personalized from either NFL Shop or the Jets Shop. Or wait until August 16th. I'm sure they'll have them and be selling them by then. Or get them for 20% off at work. Heck, we got Pudge shirts two days after the Yanks got him.

A 4th round pick for Brett Favre is nothing when we're getting anywhere from a 2nd to a 4th in return for Jonathan Vilma. A 2nd-4th round pick means nothing to us thanks to the Vilma deal.

Hopefully tomorrow a press conference is called and Brett is a Jet.

The Saints traded their 2nd to the Giants, correct?

Those are the worst looking jerseys I've ever seen. If it happens, I'll get one Personalized from either NFL Shop or the Jets Shop. Or wait until August 16th. I'm sure they'll have them and be selling them by then. Or get them for 20% off at work. Heck, we got Pudge shirts two days after the Yanks got him.
I'm so very proud of you.

I posted it as a gag, I can't believe they already had something Favre in Jets.

The Saints traded their 2nd to the Giants, correct?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I think it was a 2nd and a 5th but I can't remember. Somehow it would have to work out where the Jets get a 2nd if Vilma reaches that plateau though. Not sure how.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I think it was a 2nd and a 5th but I can't remember. Somehow it would have to work out where the Jets get a 2nd if Vilma reaches that plateau though. Not sure how.

How can we get a 2nd if the Saints don't have one?

NFLShop.com did not let me do it with just Favre, but whatever works, haha.

And yeah, I believe since the Jets-Saints trade happened first the Jets would have the 2nd rounder if Vilma reaches that level.

Meaning if Vilma has a spectacular year, we will get the Saints' 2nd this year and the Giants would get in next?
Either that or there is a way they can get a first, but it would probably be the following year and it would depend on Vilma getting resigned.

Archived