Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad will find a home somewhere believe me. He is NO chump QB and with the luck this team has and the way stuff is played out I believe some team will pick him up and Chad will be playing in the playoffs this season. Bears and Vikings to name two teams.

Yah Skippy

Between is wussy shoulder and his pansy ankles, he would fit it great with

Da Bears... i can already envision Urlacher taping him up in the locker room!

Again... Favre won't lead whatever team he lands on to the playoffs.

BZ

I like our chances better on aguy who led his team to NFC championship game last year and unproven Clemens still and worn out Pennington.

We need to pull this a.s.a.p if we want to be a 1 and done in the playoffs, that's of course IF we make the playoffs.

Favre is twice is better than Clemens & Pennington. WTF is the holdup? Get this **** done please!!!

Are you serious?

Very. There is no "Miracle Player" and taking a QB out of a system/place he knows and dropping him into a brand new one just doesn't work. No matter who it is. A RB? Sure.

You don't think that the Jets are a playoff team with Brett Favre?

No...

I like our chances better on aguy who led his team to NFC championship game last year and unproven Clemens still and worn out Pennington.

Our chances our better with guys with years of experience in the system.

BZ

Very. There is no "Miracle Player" and taking a QB out of a system/place he knows and dropping him into a brand new one just doesn't work. No matter who it is. A RB? Sure.

No...

BZ

With Clemens or Pennington as our QB not 1 defense will respect either one, no one is affraid of our QB's, none. Not one Defesnive Cordinator will tell their team 'Hey Clemens-Pennington are great players and can hurt us' Favre on the otherhand is that guy. We need him more than anyone right now. We have both the offensive and defensive line and Favre has good recivers.

PLEASEEEEEEE BRING HIM IN!!!!

This is why this franchise will always be second rate.

Looking for miracle elixirs that are circus acts and not content to build correctly.

This will not end well if it happens.

Exactly.

I thought we were building a team here, not hiring FA assassins.

Here's an idea for Mangini. Pick a god damned QB and stick with it. Let him get the reps with the 1st team and find his groove with the offense.. If he tanks, draft a top rate QB next year.

Sorry, but I'll pass. By the way, training camp started yesterday. What a great time for the team to get caught up in this drama.

I was right, AGAIN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3504613

GET THIS DONE.

i hate to tell you this, but the odds of him coming here and just picking up where he left off along with our team is not likely...besides there are other guys paying their dues and waiting for a shot. the last thing we need is him coming in and upsetting the apple cart. we seem to handle that just fine.

although it could be exciting...would it guarantee a trophy?

If they do this they are the boston Celtics of this season, find the missing pieces win a title

Man I agree with this guy to have a QB and has the ability to come from behind when we need it? A QB who is an IRON MAN (doesn't miss starts)? And has won the big game (Twice) with a big receiver on our roster (Henry 6'4) a Speed receiver (Coles) and a possesion Receiver (Cotchery) and a O-Line that is one of the best in the NFL and people say no to this? And the Offense can finally keep the defense off the field? I don't get it

Man I agree with this guy to have a QB and has the ability to come from behind when we need it? A QB who is an IRON MAN (doesn't miss starts)? And has won the big game (Twice) with a big receiver on our roster (Henry 6'4) a Speed receiver (Coles) and a possesion Receiver (Cotchery) and a O-Line that is one of the best in the NFL and people say no to this? And the Offense can finally keep the defense off the field? I don't get it

pure homerism speculation at this time...

Bring Favre to the Big Apple baby!! Make this happen Tangini!

Maybe now opponents will respect our passing game and not put 8 in the box like they did all last yr and guess what that would do....you guessed it open up the RUN

Exactly.

Here's an idea for Mangini. Pick a god damned QB and stick with it. Let him get the reps with the 1st team and find his groove with the offense.. If he tanks, draft a top rate QB next year.

Sorry, but I'll pass. By the way, training camp started yesterday. What a great time for the team to get caught up in this drama.

Exactly.

BZ

No...

BZ

Are the Jets a playoff team without Favre?

Exactly.

Faneca, Jenkins, Pace, Woody -- What part of this off season made you think the Jets weren't hiring Free Agent assassins?

Looking for miracle elixirs that are circus acts and not content to build correctly.

Circus act? How is a QB who threw 28 touchdowns and 15 interceptions earning a Pro Bowl Spot and with a career as prestigious as his (it's not as if last season was some sort of fluke is my point) a CIRCUS ACT??

And why is having Brett Favre as your starter with Kellen Clemens or Erik Ainge waiting in the wings to one day take over the reins - not to mention the other possibilities that may be available within the next two years - NOT building CORRECTLY? What exactly do you think you are building on here? A QB battle between a has been and a never yet been? That's building correctly?

I'm sorry, but I'm taking my chances with Favre and not hoping that things get done the "smart" way (i.e. the safe way, which is just as dangerous as inaction), which is the most overrated f-ing mindset in all of sports.

Sheep don't win Super Bowls. Sheep stay put, in the pasture, content with the status quo and soft as cotton.

This is the classic square peg meet round hole scenario.

What do Mangini and Schottenheimer preach on offence? Discipline, discipine, dicipline, cadence and walikg to teh line reading teh defnse and exploiting the defense shown.

What does Favre bring to an offense- Sandlot plays that are improvised, regardless of what the defense shows you.

Classic Brett favre moment- OT playoiff game, first play of OT, I am going to go deep to my right, even if the player is doubled. Intercpetion, game over.

This has 7-9 or 8-8 written all over it. And then what do we have? Another year of not knowing Kellen Clemens is, and heading into yet another year of uncertainty or direction at the position.

I didn't realize the Jets needed to sell tickets or create a media stir around teh team, becaue that is all this accomplishes.

I pray to be wrong.

Is anyone going to dispute that our QB situation is totally up in the air coming into camp- it is not like it is settled and we are looking to upset the team- the team QB situation is unsettled to begin with.

mortenson said just now on ESPNEWS, " The Jets have gotten permission by the Packers to contact Favre and talk to him. Favre, right now, hasn't shown "recripocal interest" in that yet and isn't ready to discuss that yet" ........Can I ask why????? He isnt starting in GB

I have seen the future without him. It doesn't end well either.

This is the classic square peg meet round hole scenario.

What do Mangini and Schottenheimer preach on offence? Discipline, discipine, dicipline, cadence and walikg to teh line reading teh defnse and exploiting the defense shown.

What does Favre bring to an offense- Sandlot plays that are improvised, regardless of what the defense shows you.

Classic Brett favre moment- OT playoiff game, first play of OT, I am going to go deep to my right, even if the player is doubled. Intercpetion, game over.

This has 7-9 or 8-8 written all over it. And then what do we have? Another year of not knowing Kellen Clemens is, and heading into yet another year of uncertainty or direction at the position.

I didn't realize the Jets needed to sell tickets or create a media stir around teh team, becaue that is all this accomplishes.

I pray to be wrong.

He also brings veteran leadership and STABILITY to a position up in the air, a strong AND acuurate arm. If Favre has 8-8 written all over it with this team, then with Clemens or Pennington we are probably looking at 6-10 or 5-11 by your comparisons

Archived