Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

I have seen the future without him. It doesn't end well either.

The future extends beyond this year, and that we don't know. Favre will only cloud that more, and for what. A glimpse at mediocrity? No thank you.

Football is a 365 day a year job, both mentally and physically.

And I dont want a qb who viclillates mentally whether he is up to teh cjhallnge. Oince you admit you are done, it is awful hard to come back.

he is the epitome of "me". Not what the Jets need.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the classic square peg meet round hole scenario.

What do Mangini and Schottenheimer preach on offence? Discipline, discipine, dicipline, cadence and walikg to teh line reading teh defnse and exploiting the defense shown.

What does Favre bring to an offense- Sandlot plays that are improvised, regardless of what the defense shows you.

Classic Brett favre moment- OT playoiff game, first play of OT, I am going to go deep to my right, even if the player is doubled. Intercpetion, game over.

This has 7-9 or 8-8 written all over it. And then what do we have? Another year of not knowing Kellen Clemens is, and heading into yet another year of uncertainty or direction at the position.

I didn't realize the Jets needed to sell tickets or create a media stir around teh team, becaue that is all this accomplishes.

I pray to be wrong.

you nailed it SD...Im on your side

He also brings veteran leadership and STABILITY to a position up in the air, a strong AND acuurate arm. If Favre has 8-8 written all over it with this team, then with Clemens or Pennington we are probably looking at 6-10 or 5-11 by your comparisons

If we don't make teh playoffs(actually we need more that that) WITH Favre, then this season AND next season are lost.

The future extends beyond this year, and that we don't know. Favre will only cloud that more, and for what. A glimpse at mediocrity? No thank you.

And I dont want a qb who viclillates mentally whether he is up to teh cjhallnge. Oince you admit you are done, it is awful hard to come back.

What do the Jets need? Help selling the PSL notion. Brett, Brett he's the man if he can't do it nobody can.

That is the # 1 reason why the Jets will bring him here.

I am done complaining. I am going back to being a homer. It is more fun. Jets will get it done. And I am thinking of keeping my tickets and paying the PSL fee now.

Go Jets!!!

pure homerism speculation at this time...

OK here is our 04' roster when we went 10-6 with a weak schedule kinda like we have this yr and what we have this yr as for a o-line and receivers mimics what we had then. This is the yr the run game crushed opponents and Curtis one the rushing title and we went to the playoffs. This is what I mean it maybe be speculation but it is what it is and we had it before and it worked out pretty well

QBChad Pennington28413242 for 370, 2,673 yards, 16 td, 9 int, & 34 rushes for 126 yards and 1 tdNew York Jets / 1st / 18th pick / 2000

RBCurtis Martin*+31916371 rushes for 1,697 yards, 12 td, & 41 catches for 245 yards and 2 tdNew England Patriots / 3rd / 74th pick / 1995

FBJerald Sowell307162 rushes for 28 yards, 0 td, & 45 catches for 342 yards and 1 tdGreen Bay Packers / 7th / 231st pick / 1997

WRJustin McCareins2631656 catches for 770 yards, 4 td, & 2 rushes for -5 yards and 0 tdTennessee Titans / 4th / 124th pick / 2001

WRSantana Moss2531445 catches for 838 yards, 5 td, & 6 rushes for 18 yards and 0 tdNew York Jets / 1st / 16th pick / 2001

TEAnthony Becht2741613 catches for 100 yards, 1 tdNew York Jets / 1st / 27th pick / 2000

LTJason Fabini30616New York Jets / 4th / 111th pick / 1998

LGPete Kendall31815Seattle Seahawks / 1st / 21st pick / 1996

CKevin Mawae*331016Seattle Seahawks / 2nd / 36th pick / 1994

RGBrandon Moore24113RTKareem McKenzie

It's very simple in the era of free agency. If you need a guard, you go get one. If you need a NT you go get one. If you need a QB, you go get one. The Jets will still be able to draft a QB next year. Starting Clemens so he can do worse than Brodie Croyle again doesn't do much for the future either. It's funny but the same guys saying they don't want Favre are the same guys that will be bitching about Mangini if the Jets don't make the playoffs.

well you may watch Packer games but apparently you don't comprehend what you read here. A few people in earlier threads said we should send Chad AND A 1ST for Favre. Get with the program

and because a few people on a message board think that we should be giving up a first for a one or two year rental AND a QB that this makes them correct? Ok, you've spent too much time on JN.

What do the Jets need? Help selling the PSL notion. Brett, Brett he's the man if he can't do it nobody can.

I am done complaining. I am going back to being a homer. It is more fun. Jets will get it done. And I am thinking of keeping my tickets and paying the PSL fee now.

Go Jets!!!

ATTA BOY LUTHER !!

look if the jets are gonna do this they better not mortgage the franchise to do it. make the trade to improve the team but don't do a panic move. a 3rd round pick is fine. trading chad to the packers is not gonna happen.

they will probably release him but before that try to trade him to another team.

in no way should the FO overpay for favre they are not that far off from the wild card teams

and because a few people on a message board think that we should be giving up a first for a one or two year rental AND a QB that this makes them correct? Ok, you've spent too much time on JN.

just repeating what was said. Didn't say I agreed with it. Why are you always so demeaning? Are only your opinions worthy? Try to understand what you are reading before you start tossing darts

btw, you have twice as many posts as I have in 1/2 the time...who is it that spends to much time here?

The way a lot of people describe Favre reminds me a lot of Joe Namath. Namath with an iron body that is. Heck, Joe almost "retired" once over owning a night club.

We once missed drafting Favre by one player. We got Browing Nagle instead.

This is fate. Zeus is up to something. He made his son Hercules available to us in the draft (Gholston). Now he wants us to get the Apollo of quarterbacks.

Let's have some excitement. Let's be bold.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

just repeating what was said. Didn't say I agreed with it. Why are you always so demeaning? Are only your opinions worthy? Try to understand what you are reading before you start tossing darts

btw, you have twice as many posts as I have in 1/2 the time...who is it that spends to much time here?

Yes, sometimes, maybe

I just don't believe that we would give a first and a pack of gum for a QB with zero years left in the tank. Pretty sure that would go down as the worst trade in NFL history. (giving a first and a qb for favre)

ya sure about that? Is that because he speaks with an accent or did you come across some of his old IQ scores?

I was speaking in more of a football sense, when was the last time anyone ever heard of Favre making a really smart play or as being an intelligent player in general, normally he just chucks the ball as hard as he can in a given direction and hope there isnt a defender there, he lives on dumb luck and pure physical ability, not intelligence, there is a reason he's thrown so many picks in his career.

The joy will last until Favre launches one of his "I'm Brett Favre and I'm throwing this bitch down the field and into triple coverage as far as it will go" passes.

The way a lot of people describe Favre reminds me a lot of Joe Namath. Namath with an iron body that is. Heck, Joe almost "retired" once over owning a night club.

We once missed drafting Favre by one player. We got Browing Nagle instead.

This is fate. Zeus is up to something. He made his son Hercules available to us in the draft (Gholston). Now he wants us to get the Apollo of quarterbacks.

Let's have some excitement. Let's be bold.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

The joy will last until Favre launches one of his "I'm Brett Favre and I'm throwing this bitch down the field and into triple coverage as far as it will go" passes.

I serioulsy dont understand what the fck your talking about... sooooooooooooooooo after spending for all these players... we should let kellen clemons run the offense???? or chadwick?? cmon lets be real now..

I was speaking in more of a football sense, when was the last time anyone ever heard of Favre making a really smart play or as being an intelligent player in general, normally he just chucks the ball as hard as he can in a given direction and hope there isnt a defender there, he lives on dumb luck and pure physical ability, not intelligence, there is a reason he's thrown so many picks in his career.

i gave up being a favre fan years ago, so yeah i know he chucks a lot of ridiculous Int's but that is usually when the pressure is on him to come through. If you could convince the dude to hand the ball off 60% of the time and simplify the offense, you'd still have a good QB...problem is, he's a cowboy, shoots first and asks questions later.

The problem with brett isn't that he's dumb...it's that he is too bullheaded for his own good.

I'd rather see what clemens has than see brett...guess it's not my call. we better not give up anything more than a damn 3rd or 4th and pennington.

This is why this franchise will always be second rate.

Looking for miracle elixirs that are circus acts and not content to build correctly.

This will not end well if it happens.

I serioulsy dont understand what the fck your talking about... sooooooooooooooooo after spending for all these players... we should let kellen clemons run the offense???? or chadwick?? cmon lets be real now..

Glad to see Toon has a new cause.

Just saw this on First Take, I really hope this doesn't happen

And you didn't want McFadden, either. Imagine Favre and McFadden in the Jets backfield? Wow.

Perhaps the Jets should do the exact opposite of what you wish. Let us know next spring who you don't like with your #1 pick. :)

Hey come January, I'd gladly love to admit I'm dead wrong on this one, but I'm thinking about the future and building a team, not hiring a mercenary for a quick run. I just don't see the Jets being ready for a SB run yet.

who knows. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Vinny T?

Go Jets!!!

Signing Farve does soften the blow of the coming PSL fees.

I prefer an interception 50 yards down the field than a 5 yard and out that was jumped and was taken back the other way for a pick six *cough*Chad*cough*

LOL.

Two months ago it was:

"Chad Sucks, we gotta roll with Clemens, he's our only hope"

Noon today, it's: "Chad and Clemens both suck, Favre is our only hope".

Favre wasn't available two months ago. This is an unusual circumstance. You have to at least consider it. That is all the jets are doing at this point.

LOL. If he comes here I'm making the best of it.

Problem is I have a Packers jersey with his name I'm going to need to spray paint or something. :D

That's pretty funny. We have a whole mess of authentic Glenn Foley jerseys that we got for dirt cheap once the uniform change happened.

In fact, my dad cut the name plate off the back of his and wears it kind of as his trademark jersey. I guess if Favre signs those jerseys are relevant again!

Signing Farve does soften the blow of the coming PSL fees.

Really? Really?

Is that all you people want is a circus show? You will be willing to give your team hard earned cash in the guise of having the Jets lead off SportsCenter for a couple of weeks, until the reality hits that Brett Favre does not fit the offensive scheme, he is a "me" first guy, and the Jets will knoiw no less about their team next offseason , than they did this?

You people are really that easily swayed?

I understand now why they are making the move.

Really? Really?

Is that all you people want is a circus show? You will be willing to give your team hard earned cash in the guise of having the Jets lead off SportsCenter for a couple of weeks, until the reality hits that Brett Favre does not fit the offensive scheme, he is a "me" first guy, and the Jets will knoiw no less about their team next offseason , than they did this?

You people are really that easily swayed?

I understand now why they are making the move.

Joe Namath was a circus show.

Archived