Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Circus shows in the old AFL were wanted to attract publicity.

The Jets are no longer in the AFL, and actually need to win in order to establish credibility.

Funny. Last time they won it all, they were in the AFL.

For those who say we have to develop a team/QB we have been waiting 40 years to win a championship- the time is now to win again- not later

The prior 39 years have NOTHING to do with building a team for this year and the future.

You don't build a plan on what happened in 1993.

You look at where you are today and determine if thie move makes you win it all this year (my opionion it won't), or does it stall future development and cohesion (my opinion it does.

That simple.

The prior 39 years have NOTHING to do with building a team for this year and the future.

You don't build a plan on what happened in 1993.

You look at where you are today and determine if thie move makes you win it all this year (my opionion it won't), or does it stall future development and cohesion (my opinion it does.

That simple.

With the system in place with free agency - there is no longer a concept of building teams for the long run that will stay together- you have to each year readdress your team to try to win.

With the system in place with free agency - there is no longer a concept of building teams for the long run that will stay together- you have to each year readdress your team to try to win.

So the Patriots, Giansts-They were free wheelers in Free Agency and ignored continuity, right?

And the common denominator since has been rash moves, poor judgements and shortsightedness.

Yup, Favre fits right in that profile,

1. Anything done by the jets before 2006 is irrelevant.

2. They have only asked for permission to speak to Favre. Given the current QB situation and the unusual circumstance of favre now being available, I was disappointed that the jets seemed to show no interest before today. Regardless of what happens, they are keeping to their promise of "looking under every rock".

I hope to hell this happens. Jaws was just saying on the radio this morning that Favre will need to find a team that runs the same offense as the Packers because it would take even a good QB two years to learn a whole new system. MAKE THIS HAPPEN TANGINI!! :rl:

I hope to hell this happens. Jaws was just saying on the radio this morning that Favre will need to find a team that runs the same offense as the Packers because it would take even a good QB two years to learn a whole new system. MAKE THIS HAPPEN TANGINI!! :rl:

Nuclear physics is hard. Football? Please ... It is all about adjusting to the speed of the game at the pro level. Favre learned that long ago.

Jets | Favre appears to have no interest in team

Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:38:32 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Green Bay Packers retired QB Brett Favre does not appear to have any interest in playing for the New York Jets.

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Green Bay Packers retired QB Brett Favre does not appear to have any interest in playing for the New York Jets.

F FAVRE!!!!!

He caused half of us ulcers and the other half unfullfilled boners.

He really is a pain in the a$$. ;)

Ouch!! Must have felt threatened by Pennington. He was afraid that Pennington could throw a prettier INT than he can. :rl:

I think this has the potential to take the Madden curse to a whole new level, between the Jets luck and the bad luck that seems to follow whoever graces the cover.

Brett%20Favre%20Madden%20NFL%2009%20Cover%20Athlete%20picture%5B5%5D.jpg

Favre is ****ed, he better decline coming here

you are the worst... u like chad huh... and kellen... get the fck outta here with that

I think this has the potential to take the Madden curse to a whole new level, between the Jets luck and the bad luck that seems to follow whoever graces the cover.

Brett%20Favre%20Madden%20NFL%2009%20Cover%20Athlete%20picture%5B5%5D.jpg

Favre is ****ed, he better decline coming here

He is wearing his Green Bay uni on that cover. Maybe this reverses the curse.

It comes down to this, Manginibaum will not give up future 1st or 2nd Rd. Draft Picks for him. I think that this scenario actually works out for both teams, Chad Pennington (Granted, I believe that Clemens has a higher ceiling than where Chad is at right now as a game manager who cant throw the ball 15 yards to the sidelines) and the Saints' Pick we received from the New Orleans Saints for Jonathan Vilma, that can be upgraded to a 3rd Rd. Pick based on Vilma's performance this year. Say that weren't enough, well being a Jet fan, I know that we have stockpiles of CB's and RB's.....Also I seem to recall the Jets having a disgruntled Tight End in Chris Baker, who could be compeltely replaced in my opinion with an even greater Red Zone Threat Tigh End who just so happens to be a former Green Bay Packer in BUBBA FRANKS

Here it is: (if they're even contemplating this): Chad/Baker, and the Conditional Draft Pick received from the Saints for Jonathan Vilma

you are the worst... u like chad huh... and kellen... get the fck outta here with that

Or maybe I don't think a 1 or 2 year band-aid(who I don't think makes us a SB contender) thats only going to make us worse off after that year or 2, for at least a 2nd rounder is the answer.

Archived