Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree 110% with what you say.

Favre would drive alot of us over the edge. Can you imagine what this place would be like if he cost the Jets a shot at the Super Bowl the way he cost the Packers in 2003 with that ridiculous INT he threw to Brian Dawkins in OT in Divisional Playoffs that year ? This place would suffer a meltdown never seen before.

He would make things interesting but in the long run the fans would turn on him really quick with a couple of those kind of picks.

I'd rather have him throw a stupid INT in the playoffs, even though I wouldn't be happy at the time, than the Jets watching the playoffs at home because our QB play leads us to an 8-8 season

Not going to happen. It's exciting to think of the possibilty and it's a move I would like to see for this team and town, but it wont happen.

I agreed with you earlier but it really looks like the Pack do not want him and we are interested. It's fun to dream.

Little piss head Michael Smith is reporting no go for the Jets and Farve, what the hell does he know I can't stand him he SUCKS!!!

why does he suck because he reported bad news? I don't know where he gets the info, but you can't not like him because he didn't say what you want to hear.

if i was a gambling man,i would bet that farve and the pack kiss and make up and farve is the starting green bay qb in 2008.just my 2 cents

Id take the bet, because there is no way that can happen after all this.

sal pal just gave an update saying the Packers called Tannenbaum and asked/talked about Favre. Tannenbaum talked to Pennington and Tannenbaum gave no answer and Pennington said "Do what you have to do" Pennington talked to the media about it too

per Sportscenter special ESPN

herman_edwards.jpg

"Am I interested in Brett Favre? Sure, who wouldnt be... What do I always say, competition breeds competition and if we bring Brett in here we will have ourselves a competition, and competition is good for the young guys and the old guys like brett, he needs a challenge at his age. Heck its tough getting up in the morning when you're his age...

I know what he's going through, waking up every morning next to the same woman instead of random girls who smell like cheddar, man he missed the fun and excitement of the nfl and he knows he can do it another year so why not let him, he's earned the right to change his mind, who here has never changed their mind, heck this morning I was going to wear the red chiefs golf shirt, and my sweet darling wife ironed it for me last night and I was all set to wear it when I changed my mind and went with the white one.. sure it has wrinkles but I didnt want to wake my sweet loving wife up that early in the morning to iron another shirt.

So yeah, we traded a 1st rounder for him because you cant always look to the future sometimes you need to look at the here and now and here and now we need some competition and more excuses on why I shouldnt get fired this year. I might not be here next year, and maybe you wont either so we cantworry about some draft sometime in the future, let the future worry about the future, we live in the here and now and here and now we need some competition."

"Am I interested in Brett Favre? Sure, who wouldnt be... What do I always say, competition breeds competition and if we bring Brett in here we will have ourselves a competition, and competition is good for the young guys and the old guys like brett, he needs a challenge at his age. Heck its tough getting up in the morning when you're his age...

I know what he's going through, waking up every morning next to the same woman instead of random girls who smell like cheddar, man he missed the fun and excitement of the nfl and he knows he can do it another year so why not let him, he's earned the right to change his mind, who here has never changed their mind, heck this morning I was going to wear the red chiefs golf shirt, and my sweet darling wife ironed it for me last night and I was all set to wear it when I changed my mind and went with the white one.. sure it has wrinkles but I didnt want to wake my sweet loving wife up that early in the morning to iron another shirt.

So yeah, we traded a 1st rounder for him because you cant always look to the future sometimes you need to look at the here and now and here and now we need some competition and more excuses on why I shouldnt get fired this year......"

If Favre is in a Jet uniform there is no way he's not going to start.

As ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported today, the Green Bay Packers have given the Jets permission to speak with Favre. The Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers reportedly want the record-setting quarterback, and the Packers appear ready to trade him.

The Jets went 4-12 last season, struggling to mount any substantial offense with Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens.

Suffice to say, the rest of the AFC East likes its chances against either of those two.

The dynamic would change radically with Favre in green and white.

As one AFC personnel man told me, it's too difficult to predict how Favre would benefit the Jets because his impact would rely on many moving parts. How fast does he learn the system? How quickly does he find chemistry with his receivers? How does he handle new surroundings -- and what certainly will be a relentless media -- after so many years in a homogenous setting?

But one thing opponents can be sure of: Favre's vertical ability would transform the Jets enough to make defensive coordinators squirm. No more touch-and-feel Pennington plays. No more safe calls because of Clemens' inexperience and questionable decisions.

Favre's presence would remove the handcuffs. The card offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer holds on Sunday would look a whole lot different.

But would trading for Favre be a wise choice for the Jets?

The Jets would be making a substantial commitment to a player who can help them win now but won't be a part of their future. They would be asking an awful lot of an aging player -- one who already has retired once, mind you -- and asking him to rally a group of teammates he has never played with.

That might be too much to ask on a team with so many question marks.

The trade might not work, but the mere possibility Favre could join the Jets has created plenty of dread within AFC East offices.

When was the last time a Jets quarterback did that?

Archived