Jets | Pennington Speaks about His Recovery

jales22

Jets | Pennington Speaks about His Recovery

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:22:20 -0700

Mike Henry, of the Herald, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) spoke once again Tuesday, July 19, about his recovery from a shoulder injury. "I expect to be about 85 percent going into training camp, and my goal is to be 100 percent Sept. 11 (when the Jets open the regular season at Kansas City)," said Pennington, an IMG client who is beginning his sixth season. "That is when it matters the most, and I'm well on my way toward that goal." Pennington has been rehabbing at IMG Academies with International Performance Institute director David Donatucci. "He'll be ready. He's pretty close now," Donatucci said. "His conditioning is the area that is a little suspect. When you get to your sixth year in the NFL, your body starts to overcompensate for some things. Most of it is simple, like using his hips properly to push off when he throws. He probably was relying a lot on his arm to throw more than his legs." Pennington balked at a recent report that he invited wide receivers from the Jets to workout with him in Sarasota. The only receivers Pennington has thrown to since February are some Bayshore High players working out at IPI.

Hey PatTroll

Let's remember that in the playoffs last year Pennington was probably 50%, and he STILL almost took the Jets up to Foxboro.

Yep, PennyBoy had a lot to do with that game in Pittsburgh.

He led the offense in putting up a "whopping" 3 points in that game. :shock:

Pennington isn't responsible for overly conservative play calling. He's responsible when he's called on to throw. Like the 55 yard bomb he threw in San Diego.

Here we go again, it was all Hackett's fault. :shock:

The QB has one job to do when on the football field. Lead the offense to score points.

You either do it, or you don't. PennyBoy failed miserably that day in Pittsburgh (as he usually does against any top 10 defense).

And BTW, any high school QB could have made that throw PennyBoy made in San Diego. The damn ball had more air under it than a friggn' helium balloon.

The QB has one job to do when on the football field. Lead the offense to score points.

You either do it, or you don't. PennyBoy failed miserably that day in Pittsburgh (as he usually does against any top 10 defense).

And BTW, any high school QB could have made that throw PennyBoy made in San Diego. The damn ball had more air under it than a friggn' helium balloon.

Wow, than a helium balloon. You are awesome

So when Tom Brady has his worst season as a pro this yr will it be his fault or the absence of charlie Weiss and half his o-line?

Just curiius to what excuses you will make.

So when Tom Brady has his worst season as a pro this yr will it be his fault or the absence of charlie Weiss and half his o-line?

Just curiius to what excuses you will make.

Brady is beginning his 5th year in the same exact offense.

If he doesn't move the offense and score points, it's his fault, not some friggn' coach.

But then again, the majority of Jet fans have no clue as to what the word accountability means. :shock:

If he doesn't move the offense and score points, it's his fault, not some friggn' coach.

But then again, the majority of Jet fans have no clue as to what the word accountability means. :shock:

Ok so it will be bradys fault....Ill remember that when you make excues for him :wink:

Ok so it will be bradys fault....Ill remember that when you make excues for him :wink:

Brady's coach got a top college job.

Chad's coach got a huge demotion.

But sure thing Tx. They were both dealt an even hand.

If you have so many problems with Jets fans, you are free to leave this site. You would NOT be missed.

However I do not feel anyone even at a Pats site would be able to deal with your arrogance.

Childish, whinny rants?

I guess you don't like hearing the truth. I can see why you are going on the defensive.

heelz, just drop Max a PM and have him ban me.

Oh, I would never do that to you buddy!! Your life would be over then. :lol:

Uh, Pat,

We're still waiting for you to name all of those backup qb's that are better than Chad.

Go ahead, I dare you to name them so I can shred you.

I bet you'll ignore my post, or any other post of reason, as you usually do, because you're only here to kick up dust.

You have the LEAST amount of credibility here, because you're known as nothing other than a Troll, on two boards no less, yet you have the nerve to accuse others as having no "accountability". Since your so accountable, show us your list.

That's right, avoid it.

Oh, and since we're talking about coordinators and systems, you are actually giving an imbecile like Paul Hackett the benefit of the doubt.

A man who was fired from every program or team he worked. A man who was fired by Landry, who never fired people. The same assclown who called for a dumpoff pass that was designed to be short of the first down, on 3rd and 8, causing Gunther Cunningham to ask him why. Hackett's answer? "We'll just try again later."

Coaches can make or break you. Players do have to perform, but there's a huge difference between having someone like Mike Heimerdinger and Paul Hackett running the show. You speak about accountability, something Heimerdinger demands from his players. Heimerdinger not only ask alot of his players, he puts them in a position to succeed and provides them the tools.

I'm still waiting for that list.

Uh, Pat,

We're still waiting for you to name all of those backup qb's that are better than Chad.

I bet you'll ignore my post, or any other post of reason, as you usually do, because you're only here to kick up dust.

You have the LEAST amount of credibility here, because you're known as nothing other than a Troll, on two boards no less, yet you have the nerve to accuse others as having no "accountability". Since your so accountable, show us your list.

That's right, avoid it.

Oh, and since we're talking about coordinators and systems, you are actually giving an imbecile like Paul Hackett the benefit of the doubt.

A man who was fired from every program or team he worked. A man who was fired by Landry, who never fired people. The same assclown who called for a dumpoff pass that was designed to be short of the first down, on 3rd and 8, causing Gunther Cunningham to ask him why. Hackett's answer? "We'll just try again later."

Coaches can make or break you. Players do have to perform, but there's a huge difference between having someone like Mike Heimerdinger and Paul Hackett running the show. You speak about accountability, something Heimerdinger demands from his players. Heimerdinger not only ask alot of his players, he puts them in a position to succeed and provides them the tools.

Great post.

=D>

Uh, Pat,

That's right, avoid it.

Fair enough Miami.

Bad day today, so I will respond to all your points tomorrow.

It's easy to blame the player or coach, and Hackett has taken alot of flack for his offense, or lack therof. I think it is more in between, but great coaches, teachers, parents, etc are all prepared. They plan well and are able to adjust under bad circumstances. I am not saying that they are infallible, but again, these people provide you with the tools to succeed. They practice well, and make you accountable.

Tx, you of all people should know the difference between good coaching and bad, and the fine line that exists in the NFL between winning and losing. You cannot come to a gunfight with a knife. For years, we tried to beat a genius with an idiot. This year, things might change. Mike Heimerdinger will not play into BB's hands and go into a shell, the way Hackett did. To beat a great coach like BB, you need to attack him.

Hackett was consistently late in having his plays ready and delivering them down to the sidelines. Hackett was too rigid, never allowing for flexibility, not conforming his playbook to the palyers he had available. Hackett also did not allow Chad Pennington to audible out of situations. Can the qb be blamed for that?

The list is long with Paul, but Chad also has his issues. Last year was disturbing, in that he threw some ints right in the middle of the field. His pass to a triple covered Chrebet's feet was brutal. Now, qb's make mistakes, but I, and most Jets fans feel that Mike Heimerdinger can and will improve the offense.

Heimerdinger has been highly successful on the Broncos and Titans, and has game planned for HUGE games. Hackett? Please.

Heimerdinger demands much from his players, but is proven, as a leader and teacher. this is what this team need for so long. We finally got it on D last year, and now our O will also have a rebirth. Are we the best team? No, the Pats are until we beat them, but I'll tell you what. Even with a bum at OC, a QB with a busted socket, and a missing All Pro DE, we almost played ourselves into an AFC Championship game.

Give this man a prize....he sent Tx home for the night to think of a response!!!

POST OF THE DAY!!!

This site should do that. Take a post everyday that's really good and put it on the front page. Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet? Smiz you're a F*CKING GENIUS!!

All 32 back-up QB's would be better than PennyBoySissy at 85%. Not even close.

And you continue to go down the excuse path.

Yea, PennyBoy and the Jets offense sucked all because of Hackett. It has absolutely nothing to do with how PennyBoy has completely sucked versus top 10 defenses.

He has a friggn' 1-9 record against those teams.

But yea, it was all Paul Hackett and not the human China Doll. :shock::shock:

Bottom line, your "franchise" QB just can not get it done against good teams and Paul Hackett had absolutely nothing to do with that.

All 32 back-up QB's would be better than PennyBoySissy at 85%. Not even close.

Eerrrr Wrong answer. Chad looked pretty good against San Diego in the Chargers game last year and was probably around that 85-90% figure.

I can't believe that you actual think every back-up is better then Chad, even at 85%. In fact the only reason you said that was because if you got into specifics over the back-ups whom were better, they'd get shot down so quick your head would spin.

Eerrrr Wrong answer. Chad looked pretty good against San Diego in the Chargers game last year and was probably around that 85-90% figure.

I can't believe that you actual think every back-up is better then Chad, even at 85%. In fact the only reason you said that was because if you got into specifics over the back-ups whom were better, they'd get shot down so quick your head would spin.

lag, take off your green-colored glasses for a minute.

Your "franchise" QB is mediocre at best when 100%.

At 85%, he would be absolutely pathetic.

Yea, he did OK against a bottom-feeding Chargers defense (like he always does against those kind of teams to pad his stats).

How did the human figurine do the next week against the Steelers top-rated defense?

Thought so. #-o

lag, take off your green-colored glasses for a minute.

Your "franchise" QB is mediocre at best when 100%.

At 85%, he would be absolutely pathetic.

They're off. I still see a quarterback that play the game and play it well. Are we having our bet again this year?

Atleast I've proven I'll put my money where my mouth is as far as Chad is concerned.

Archived