Jets Rhodes Agree to 5yr 34M Ext.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JetNation exclusive... Jets & Kerry Rhodes agree to a 5 yr 34M deal, 20M guaranteed

THANK THE FOOTBALL GODS!!!!!!!!

Good job. Don't get how we can afford it, but good job. It's fun being the Redskins.

Can I ask how this move affects us cap-wise???

Sperm Edwards, Where art thou???

Sperm cant answer until the particulars of the deal are released. At least the signing bonus will be prorated along the length of the contract. They were tight up against the cap even before this deal. I hope they dont have to cut Robertson to get this done. I'd prefer if DEN and the other teams that need DTs are still unsettled going into the draft.

Sperm cant answer until the particulars of the deal are released. At least the signing bonus will be prorated along the length of the contract. They were tight up against the cap even before this deal. I hope they dont have to cut Robertson to get this done. I'd prefer if DEN and the other teams that need DTs are still unsettled going into the draft.

SB gets spread over 5 years, which is the first 4 years of the extension. His new contract starts next year, but we're giving him the SB this year. Base-salary-wise, he makes the same $927K this year. If $15M of the $20M guaranteed is SB (for example), then his cap # would be:

$927K base salary

$103K pro rated amt of his rookie SB (this is the last yr this hits)

$3M pro rated amt of his new SB (this is the first of 5 years it comes off)

------

$4.03M total cap #.

But will is absolutely right here. I have no idea what it is until the #'s of his extension are released.

• Upvote 1
He was under contract for this year at under $1M, but he was NOT under contract for '09. That's why we all wanted to lock him up. Seems like it may be a lot of money. I like him but if I had the choice I'd probably prefer Sanders.

Here's the link: http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080409&content_id=1456779&oid=36122&vkey=12

Robin Givens gets ahold of him and you can kiss him goodbye!

??? Don't get this. This wasn't his contract year. He would have become a FA after the '08 season.

You prefer Sanders over Kerry? =O thats almost the crazyest post i will ever read :confused:

Excellent news. Now Let's go Rangers.

Glasgow Rangers? Agreed!

They only need a tie against Sporting to go ahead on the away-goals rule, so I'm hoping they stay conservative and don't let them wear us down.

You prefer Sanders over Kerry? =O thats almost the crazyest post i will ever read :confused:

Uh, no...your post is about a million times crazier.

Bob Sanders is the best safety in football.

I never said Gainzo doesn't take his lumps...I just said he always has to

make a negative statement about the Jets

That is the way he comes off...then again all Patsie fans do that to me

He comes off that way because that's the way he is Jon. You are 100% correct. Here we are celebrating some really great news and the Cheater fan has to try to throw cold water on it by mentioning a negative. He does it constantly.

Great job by the Jets. He'll be a star, but he'll be a star on our team for 5 more years at least. I'm really starting to like the core guys we got now. between Rhodes, Revis, Harris, Jenkins and Pace, this sounds like a great group coming together.

6 more really..This should extend his previous deal, and with one year remaining this gives us 6, solid years until he's 31.

All I can say is...this is a relief..on 2 fronts.

1) We lock up our best defender, and essentially the leader on our defense now. (Could go with Jenkins or Harris, we'll see.)

2) That scumbag Bellicheat can't get his hands on him. Nobody remembers the little chat he had with Kerry after the game in NE last season? I bet Kerry remembered when Bellicheat said he wasn't good enough to make his team after that SI article came out and Kerry was listed as the 29th best player in the NFL.

:sign0098:

JetNation exclusive...

Jets & Kerry Rhodes agree to a 5 yr 34M deal, 20M guaranteed

I was very thrilled when I heard of this news. He will be a vital piece in our success this season. With re-signing Kerry Rhodes, signing Thomas Jones last year, finalizing Coles' contract, and signing Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Tony Richardson, Bubba Franks, and Alan Faneca, I say we might be perrenial Super Bowl contenders. We not only have those additions, we have David Harris, who in eight starts had over 100 tackles! We also have a very young, talented WR in Jerricho Cotchery, and a healthy Chad, when under a good O-Line, might actually perform well. Lastly, we also have the number 6 pick. We could solidify our RB tandem by getting DMC, or maybe, just maybe, Matt Ryan could fall to us. In another scenario, we could just take DMC first round, and get Chad Henne or Joe Flacco in the second. Overall, I believe this is our year. We Jets fans have waited long enough!

All I can say is...this is a relief..on 2 fronts.

1) We lock up our best defender, and essentially the leader on our defense now. (Could go with Jenkins or Harris, we'll see.)

2) That scumbag Bellicheat can't get his hands on him. Nobody remembers the little chat he had with Kerry after the game in NE last season? I bet Kerry remembered when Bellicheat said he wasn't good enough to make his team after that SI article came out and Kerry was listed as the 29th best player in the NFL.

:sign0098:

Earlier that season there was a report that BB supposedly said that Kerry could never play on his team (that he wouldn't want him if available)

All that happened during that conversation was BB told Kerry the report was false and he didn't say that.

I saw an interview with Kerry and that was his explanation. He said BB wasn't trying to proposition him, BB just wanted to let him know that he didn't say those negative comments.

I don't like BB, he's a first class scumbag, but according to Rhodes, he wasn't doing anything shady

after the kendall fiasco last year its great to see that the front office is capable of actually rewarding a player for good play & dedication.

this speaks volumes & bodes very well for management competence

Who it speeks volumes for is RHODES ,in spite of all Kendell & especially Coles crying for more cash I can`t say I remember him stiring up any trouble about getting more $$$$ ,A definet sign of our future defensive Capt.

I know, we're going to be good this year. With all these aquisitions, and re-signing rhodes, 6th pick in the draft, hiring Bill Callahan, I'd say the only thing left to do is get a QB.

Call me a homer but if Tangini has a good draft and gets us a pass rush I think the Jets are going to be one of the best teams in the NFL, even if Chad or Kellen start. Sure I'd like to get a franchise QB but this team is starting to look really good.

Kerry Rhodes is s-o-o-o-o fine. Nice to see him on the front page. Sometimes feeling like you have a hornet in your pants is not a bad thing. Anyway, good job by the FO. Did I just say that?

I don't know but this post game me a hornet in my pants!

Ps...You know why Sperm calls his schmeckle "hornet" ? Because when he gives it to you...it's only a little prick!

Call me a homer but if Tangini has a good draft and gets us a pass rush I think the Jets are going to be one of the best teams in the NFL, even if Chad or Kellen start. Sure I'd like to get a franchise QB but this team is starting to look really good.

You??? No one calls you a homer. I think everyone sucks & you're more critical than I am.