The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

Playoffs starting tonight.

Penguins have already pulled off a 4-0 victory against Ottawa tonight.

Colorado up 1-0 on Minnesota, Calgary off to a surprising 2-1 lead on San Jose in the 1st. San Jose looks weak so far. Definitely not the physical presence I keep hearing about.

I'm goin to the Wings-Preds GM 1 tomorrow. Should be a hoot.

Time to talk some Playoff hockey.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the SJ-CAL game on VS. Their announcer audio cut out for about 5 minutes, and it was nice to watch the game without having to listen to the two idiots Versus has in the booth. Actually CBC announcers.

The network's getting better with their coverage, but still have a long way to go.

Beating the devils right now is like beating up a 3 year old. Congrats. The rangers are going nowhere in the playoffs after this series.

Oh so the Devils have to have an excuse for the Rangers to beat them? Beating them 7 out of 8, now 8 out of 9 this season, is no excuse, right? Its because the Devils are playing like a bunch of "3 year olds", right?

Please.

Nowhere past the Devils? I beg to differ. We'll see.

Oh so the Devils have to have an excuse for the Rangers to beat them? Beating them 7 out of 8, now 8 out of 9 this season, is no excuse, right? Its because the Devils are playing like a bunch of "3 year olds", right?

Please.

The Devils stopped scoring a month ago. It didn't matter who they were playing they could be playing the worst team in the NHL this season and they wouldn't do any better.

Please.

I think the only way the Rangers don't make it past the 2nd round is if they play Montreal the second round. Flyers, they can beat, Penguins, they can beat, Boston, and Ottawa they can beat. Montreal in my opinion is the team to beat out of the East, unless they treat Cindy Crosby like he's the Lebron James of hockey.

Well the Rangers came out with a great win tonight but they hardly played a perfect game. Tyutin had a very bad game and a lotta people were making bad turnovers in the neutral and defensive zones.

Thankfully Callahan and Drury were on their games and Cally just had that great shorthanded goal. You can tell this kid is going to be a big-time playoff performer along with his linemate Drury.

Rangers HAVE to play better defense for the rest of the series. I hope they got rid of all the butterflies tonight.

Habs are playing some great hockey right now. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Pens-Habs Conference Final. I'd like to see Washington in there, but that magic's going to run out at some point.

I personally don't see what all the ass kissing is about with the Capitals. The last 7 games they won to get into the playoffs were teams that didn't make the playoffs. I think they should lose to the Flyers in about 6 games.

I personally don't see what all the ass kissing is about with the Capitals. The last 7 games they won to get into the playoffs were teams that didn't make the playoffs. I think they should lose to the Flyers in about 6 games.

You can only play whose on your schedule, and the fact that they made it in spite of such a terrible start to the season is what is impressive to a lot of people.

Also I bet 2 of those games were against Carolina, and the only reason they are not a playoff team is because they couldn't beat Washington.

You can only play whose on your schedule, and the fact that they made it in spite of such a terrible start to the season is what is impressive to a lot of people.

Also I bet 2 of those games were against Carolina, and the only reason they are not a playoff team is because they couldn't beat Washington.

Yeah, and the Flyers did the same by playing whats only on their schedule. They had to beat the Devils to get in, a team that has dominated them for about the last 3 seasons. I am more impressed by a team like Philadelphia, then a team like Washington.

Yeah, and the Flyers did the same by playing whats only on their schedule. They had to beat the Devils to get in, a team that has dominated them for about the last 3 seasons. I am more impressed by a team like Philadelphia, then a team like Washington.

I'm not denying Philly did their job, but so did Washington. Just look at their record since Boudreau became coach, it's not like they just lucked in to the playoffs.

I'm not denying Philly did their job, but so did Washington. Just look at their record since Boudreau became coach, it's not like they just lucked in to the playoffs.

I just think the fact that the Flyers had the tougher schedule to get into the playoffs, that they just deserve way more credit then the Capitals.

The Devils just had a fluke month in February where their offense picked it up; truth is that if they fall behind anybody they're probably going to lose because they don't have enough weapons.

But yeah, I don't think the winner of the Rangers/Devils will be able to make it past Montreal unless the Bruins upset them. I hope that happens because I don't think either would beat the Pens. I'd say that Montreal vs Pittsburgh is a pretty good bet right now in the east.

The Devils just had a fluke month in February where their offense picked it up; truth is that if they fall behind anybody they're probably going to lose because they don't have enough weapons.

But yeah, I don't think the winner of the Rangers/Devils will be able to make it past Montreal unless the Bruins upset them. I hope that happens because I don't think either would beat the Pens. I'd say that Montreal vs Pittsburgh is a pretty good bet right now in the east.

I hope that doesn't happen, because I hate Cindy and his Penguins. I would rather have any other team to make it. I have nothing against Montreal, I just hate Cindy Crosby.

I hope that doesn't happen, because I hate Cindy and his Penguins. I would rather have any other team to make it. I have nothing against Montreal, I just hate Cindy Crosby.

Most people do hate what they are envious of. If he's on your team there isn't any way you hate him. I hate Tom Brady because he's a great QB on the Pats. He's on my team and I love him.

Most people do hate what they are envious of. If he's on your team there isn't any way you hate him. I hate Tom Brady because he's a great QB on the Pats. He's on my team and I love him.

I don't like that comparison. I don't think I would like Brady even if he was a Jet. I wish he was, but that doesn't mean I would like him. Sid's got a lot more character than Brady, imo.

Thankfully Callahan and Drury were on their games and Cally just had that great shorthanded goal. You can tell this kid is going to be a big-time playoff performer along with his linemate Drury.

Callahan who has only been around for 2 years already has 3 career playoff goals. And we all know, he's not exactly getting first or second line time. He works hard for when he's in there, and works hard for the puck.

Also a smart play and classy play by Shanahan at the end of the game, giving Dawes his first playoff goal. That is a veteran move right there. Expect a big game from Dawes in game 2.

I don't know i think people dislike Crosby because they see him as a whiny bitch, and he kind of is. But on the same token, you don't see people hating on Ovechkin or Malkin or Zetterberg like they do with Crosby because they don't seem like whiners.

Crosby is obviously an amazing player and hopefully he doesn't take too much after Martin Brodeur, possibly the NHL's biggest whiner.

Playoffs starting tonight.

Penguins have already pulled off a 4-0 victory against Ottawa tonight.

Colorado up 1-0 on Minnesota, Calgary off to a surprising 2-1 lead on San Jose in the 1st. San Jose looks weak so far. Definitely not the physical presence I keep hearing about.

I'm goin to the Wings-Preds GM 1 tomorrow. Should be a hoot.

Time to talk some Playoff hockey.

Let's go Bruins!!!! 7 O' Clock tonight!:character42:

I basically hate Cindy because they treat him like he's the Lebron James of hockey. He's nothing but a whiner, and probably a guy that would have someone else fight his own fight. Personally I think the only way Pittsburgh doesn't make the finals or eastern conference finals, is if Montreal stops them, hell every other team in the playoffs if they didn't treat Cindy like the bitch he is, they could beat Pittsburgh hands down.

I basically hate Cindy because they treat him like he's the Lebron James of hockey. He's nothing but a whiner, and probably a guy that would have someone else fight his own fight. Personally I think the only way Pittsburgh doesn't make the finals or eastern conference finals, is if Montreal stops them, hell every other team in the playoffs if they didn't treat Cindy like the bitch he is, they could beat Pittsburgh hands down.

That's his stigma I guess. Everyone thinks he is a whiner. And he was. His rookie season. He has cut down on the complaining about calls and now just continues to skate. The reason you see him talking to officials all of the time is because he is the team captain and that is his job. Most of the calls Crosby gets are valid because most defensemen just aren't athletic enough to skate with him.

As far as him fighting is concerned, I am almost positive he gives just as much as he gets as far as physical play, or at least he tries to. And I think he got a fighting major this season. and held his own. Yes other guys stick up for him. As well they should for any star player. Someone takes a run at Zetterberg or Ovechkin and you'd probably see much of the same.

Your last statement I'm not going to even address because it is ludicrous. The Penguins record without Crosby was phenomenal this year, so that says everything you need to know about that.

That's his stigma I guess. Everyone thinks he is a whiner. And he was. His rookie season. He has cut down on the complaining about calls and now just continues to skate. The reason you see him talking to officials all of the time is because he is the team captain and that is his job. Most of the calls Crosby gets are valid because most defensemen just aren't athletic enough to skate with him.

As far as him fighting is concerned, I am almost positive he gives just as much as he gets as far as physical play, or at least he tries to. And I think he got a fighting major this season. and held his own. Yes other guys stick up for him. As well they should for any star player. Someone takes a run at Zetterberg or Ovechkin and you'd probably see much of the same.

Your last statement I'm not going to even address because it is ludicrous. The Penguins record without Crosby was phenomenal this year, so that says everything you need to know about that.

I don't see anything wrong with my last statement. It's a proven fact that Crosby is the hockey's version of Lebron James. The team will always get calls in their direction with or without Cindy playing, because they want the exciting player winning, and the refs will do anything possible to make them win. I don't see anything bad about that statement. I think hands down player to player if the Rangers were to meet with the Penguins in a 7 game series, and im not a Ranger fan in anyway, that the Rangers are the better team.

He's nothing but a whiner? He may be a whiner but face it the kid is amazingly talented. And Pittsburgh does get some beneficial calls in some games and the Penguins and Rangers had a fairly even season series and a conference finals between the teams would go at least 6 games.

He's nothing but a whiner? He may be a whiner but face it the kid is amazingly talented. And Pittsburgh does get some beneficial calls in some games and the Penguins and Rangers had a fairly even season series and a conference finals between the teams would go at least 6 games.

Yeah, there is no doubt that he is one talented hockey player, but I just can't help my hatred toward the guy.

Wings game last night was good. Preds played tough and the Wings puck possession was sloppy at times, but their defense was solid throughout and they dominated in the third period (preds only had 3 SOG in 3rd) The Dats-to-Hank goal in the 2nd period was a beaut.

Last night was hockey heaven. Caught the Wings game at the Joe, then came home and flipped between Flames-Sharks, Stars-Ducks, and the Notre Dame-Michigan Frozen Four match.

Archived