The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

I think the Rangers need to step up their game even more tonight.

Devils know if they go down 2-0 they are going to be in alot of trouble.

Sucks the game won't be on down here. I'll be listening online though tonight.

Let's go Rangers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to the game tonight hopefully to see the Devils win.

Rangers fans are the biggest sh*t talkers. Absurd considering their team has won like one stanley cup in the past 100 years.

Because maybe the Rangers were better than the Devils this season, especially head to head where we have their number (now 9 out of 10 games). Stanley Cups from 4+ years ago do not matter. What matters is this season and this season the Rangers are a better team than the Devils. Face it.

Because maybe the Rangers were better than the Devils this season, especially head to head where we have their number (now 9 out of 10 games). Stanley Cups from 4+ years ago do not matter. What matters is this season and this season the Rangers are a better team than the Devils. Face it.

Devils still can not sell out their building if it was not for those Ranger fans. If the Devils were playing any other team in the first round I bet anything they would not sell out the new arena.

Devils still can not sell out their building if it was not for those Ranger fans. If the Devils were playing any other team in the first round I bet anything they would not sell out the new arena.

Thats a given Frank. Their "fanbase" is pathetic. Sure there are diehards like Ed (toon88), but other than that they have a poor showing. Thats what happens when your franchise starts up in 1981 and the Rangers have been around for many, many years before that. That and up until the mid 90's, they weren't really that good and they mixed green with red & white and that is just ugly as ****. ;)

there aren't that many Devils fans, that is the problem. Ranger fans can't get tickets to MSG, so they have to go to the Island or to NJ, where plenty of seats are available.

Not only is there no demand for Devils tickets because the fan base isn't big, those of us who have had tickets for years are being priced out, or our seats have been moved in the new building. My seats that cost me $90 a seat, per game in meadowlands, 16 rows off the ice, between red line and blue line, would have cost me $175 per seat now at The Rock. So they move me up into the 2nd level, 1st row, same view, same $90 price...only 1 problem, anyone over 145 lbs., their a s s won't fit in the seats! Who designed the seating at this place???

Bottom line is they lost me as a FULL 41 game season ticket holder after this season. Next year I will buy a dopey 12 pack, or Rival pack, or whatever they call them.

I told the guys I have seats with that my guess is the Devils are out of NJ in 5 years tops. They will realize there isn't a big draw for hockey in downtown Newark. :wtf: I will root for this team wherever they go, because that is what a FAN does, but I will enjoy 30 games on my coach in front of my big screen from now on.

Get over yourself already. You sound like a lame Yankees-hater trying to deny that the past ever happened. Go ahead and deny that the Devils have won 3 cups in 13 years to the Rangers winning one cup since the Truman Administration or that the Rangers got absolutely raped by the Devils two years ago.

The Rangers have a higer attendance b/c of one reason: the play in MSG. The Knicks are God-awful and they have way higher attendance than the Nets even though the Nets have been a way better team.

Get over yourself already. You sound like a lame Yankees-hater trying to deny that the past ever happened. Go ahead and deny that the Devils have won 3 cups in 13 years to the Rangers winning one cup since the Truman Administration or that the Rangers got absolutely raped by the Devils two years ago.

The Rangers have a higer attendance b/c of one reason: the play in MSG. The Knicks are God-awful and they have way higher attendance than the Nets even though the Nets have been a way better team.

Thats the one reason? Really?

How about the fact that they have 10x the fanbase than the Devils have and their fans are frankly more diehard than Devils fans. Their fans still show up when the team is losing, I should know seeing as we went a while without making the playoffs there after the horrible '97 Eastern Conference Final loss to Philadelphia.

Congrats on the Devils winning 3 in 13 years. Wow. Thats just awesome.

Hey PN, I AM a Yankees fan and yeah its great that we've won 26 Championships but guess what? That means jack **** right now. Jack f'ing ****. The only time its fun to bring that up is when a Patriot fan is gloating about '01, '03 and '04 and is also a Red Sox fan. That is the only time. Or when you're talking to a Mets fan because they're just a sad, sad organization.

The Devils? Yeah, you won a couple of cups, really, thats swell. Too bad durng the 2007-2008 season the Rangers have OWNED you. Yes you beat us a couple of years ago in four straight. Guess what, you're getting the same damn treatment come Sunday and then Wednesday to complete it. You beat us once in the playoffs. OOOOOO.

As Scottie Gomez said last night on TV: "Ooooooo I'm not scared of you". The Devils are no longer the class of the TriState area. You had your little run and I hope you enjoyed it. Settle down and take a back seat now.

How about the fact that they have 10x the fanbase than the Devils have and their fans are frankly more diehard than Devils fans. Their fans still show up when the team is losing, I should know seeing as we went a while without making the playoffs there after the horrible '97 Eastern Conference Final loss to Philadelphia.

Hey PN, I AM a Yankees fan and yeah its great that we've won 26 Championships but guess what? That means jack **** right now. Jack f'ing ****. The only time its fun to bring that up is when a Patriot fan is gloating about '01, '03 and '04 and is also a Red Sox fan. That is the only time. Or when you're talking to a Mets fan because they're just a sad, sad organization.

The Devils? Yeah, you won a couple of cups, really, thats swell. Too bad durng the 2007-2008 season the Rangers have OWNED you. Yes you beat us a couple of years ago in four straight. Guess what, you're getting the same damn treatment come Sunday and then Wednesday to complete it. You beat us once in the playoffs. OOOOOO.

As Scottie Gomez said last night on TV: "Ooooooo I'm not scared of you". The Devils are no longer the class of the TriState area. You had your little run and I hope you enjoyed it. Settle down and take a back seat now.

Ol I'm bored.

So the Devils beat us in a playoff series 2 years ago. And? How are they doing now? When you beat us then our team was completely beat up including Lundqvist, and this time Lundqvist is healthy and on his game.

And not to go out on a limb, but I think the Rangers have more fans because they have a more dedicated fanbase and are a franchise that has existed for a very long time, while the Devils are a relatively new team that has been unable to develop a serious fanbase, even with one of the greatest goalies of all time.

When has ANY NHL team had to take a back seat to the strangers? They have been a joke for 80 friggin years. If anything the Islanders are the historical power in this area.

When has ANY NHL team had to take a back seat to the strangers? They have been a joke for 80 friggin years. If anything the Islanders are the historical power in this area.

LOL, considering the Isles have never won a Cup during my lifetime I have a hard time seeing them as the "historical power."

The strangers have won 1 cup during your great grandfather's lifetime.

Well it's actually 3 during my grandfather's life if we're going to be technical about it.

The Devils have had a good run, but in the new NHL it seems that they can't get by on strictly D and Brodeur.

Well it's actually 3 during my grandfather's life if we're going to be technical about it.

The Devils have had a good run, but in the new NHL it seems that they can't get by on strictly D and Brodeur.

This has nothing to do with the "new NHL" this devils team just isn't that talented. This is a rebuilding year.

Anyone catch the San Jose game last night? The Flamers are going to make this a tough series. Would be surprised if this didn't go 7 games.

Everyone has been kissing San Jose's a$$es for being too talented and too physical for anyone to handle, but so far in the playoffs they've looked anything but.

Would be nice if Detroit could end up playing Dallas at some point. Turco has a "0 for his life" lifetime record at the Joe.

This has nothing to do with the "new NHL" this devils team just isn't that talented. This is a rebuilding year.

I agree. This Devils team doesn't have any superstars like Scott Stevens. Maybe John Madden can step up and be that guy.

Notice how quiet this thread got after the Devils won last night.

Let me say one thing. I'd rather lose this series than root for a little piece of crap like Sean Avery for one second. That guy is the lowest form of humanity.

Like John Madden is all that much better. They're both the type that you love when they're on your side but despise when they're against you.

Like John Madden is all that much better. They're both the type that you love when they're on your side but despise when they're against you.

BS. Madden is NOWHERE NEAR the bush league POS that avery is. Madden is actually a skilled player as his selkies attest too. Avery is a BAD player who acts like a jackass and a complete bush league POS to draw attention to himself. Avery is lucky that Stevens is retired or he'd be lying face down on the ice like Erica Lindros or Brindamour.

Hockey Night in Canada showed last night that Sean Avery did in fact break an official rule.

Doesn't matter because he should have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct anyway.

Sean Avery = Cheating F@ggot

Him and Bill Belichick should hang out together and brainstorm more ways to make a mockery of their respective sports.

Hockey Night in Canada showed last night that Sean Avery did in fact break an official rule.

Doesn't matter because he should have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct anyway.

Sean Avery = Cheating F@ggot

Him and Bill Belichick should hang out together and brainstorm more ways to make a mockery of their respective sports.

What's the rule he broke because I was wondering why I had never seen a player do that? I watched the game and the announcers seemed to applaud him for what he was doing. (I'm assuming you're talking about Avery blocking Brodeur's view).

What's the rule he broke because I was wondering why I had never seen a player do that? I watched the game and the announcers seemed to applaud him for what he was doing. (I'm assuming you're talking about Avery blocking Brodeur's view).

I don't remember which rule they said exactly but it took the NHL all of 5 minutes to issue this in response to Avery's cheating:

"The league noted that unsportsmanlike is "when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play."

The statement issued by NHL senior executive vice-president Colin Campbell makes it clear the performance by Avery won't be tolerated in the future. "

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2008/04/13/devils-rangers-three.html

And this is despite the fact that the NHL wants so badly to see the Rangers win this series and get mega-market New York tv ratings in the playoffs.

How about you give it a rest PN? Your team won the game last night so it really doesn't matter if what he did last night was illegal or not. You won the game.

If you really think this is a conspiracy to get the Rangers to the second round, you need some help man. I guess the NHL was just setting it up all season long while the Rangers kicked the crap out of the Devils seven straight times.

I don't remember which rule they said exactly but it took the NHL all of 5 minutes to issue this in response to Avery's cheating:

"The league noted that unsportsmanlike is "when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play."

The statement issued by NHL senior executive vice-president Colin Campbell makes it clear the performance by Avery won't be tolerated in the future. "

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2008/04/13/devils-rangers-three.html

And this is despite the fact that the NHL wants so badly to see the Rangers win this series and get mega-market New York tv ratings in the playoffs.

I'm all for calling a spade a spade but you need to chillax bro. Cheating is a word that I prefer be reserved for scumbags like BB and Pats and not hardworking NHL players like Avery.;)

Keep sleeping on the Penguins. I love it. Get out the brooms.

I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Pens, Carl. I still believe that they are the best team in the East, despite everyone's love for Montreal. Pittsburgh is the one team I do not want to see.

How about you give it a rest PN? Your team won the game last night so it really doesn't matter if what he did last night was illegal or not. You won the game.

If you really think this is a conspiracy to get the Rangers to the second round, you need some help man. I guess the NHL was just setting it up all season long while the Rangers kicked the crap out of the Devils seven straight times.

The Devils won so the Rangers should be forgiven for cheating? What kind of bs logic is that?

I guess the Bill Belichick and the Pats should be forgiven for taping pre-game walkthroughs because the Giants kicked their ass in the Super Bowl or Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be forgiven for taking steroids because neither one of them plays anymore.

Nice load of crap 124.

I'm all for calling a spade a spade but you need to chillax bro. Cheating is a word that I prefer be reserved for scumbags like BB and Pats and not hardworking NHL players like Avery.;)

Did you watch the game? If it was a Devils player who pulled that stunt Ranger fans would be trying to riot.

The Devils won so the Rangers should be forgiven for cheating? What kind of bs logic is that?

I guess the Bill Belichick and the Pats should be forgiven for taping pre-game walkthroughs because the Giants kicked their ass in the Super Bowl or Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be forgiven for taking steroids because neither one of them plays anymore.

Nice load of crap 124.

Its a judgement call by the refs to call unsportsmanlike or not on a player. Last night, none of the announcers, or radio hosts, and today as well, said that this was a penalty. None. So Canada Night says they COULD'VE called it and they didn't and now you compare Sean Avery to taking steroids and breaking HR records and Bill Belichick by taping games / practices and winning Super Bowl's? Are you out of your f'ing mind?

I cannot wait for the Rangers to finish this series.

Archived