The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

I don't know if the series will go 6 games. The Rangers are going to win tonight and if that happens I don't see it getting to game 6.

Finally you've come to realize the truth of it all. The Rangers are a better team NOW and that is all that matters. Congrats PeterNorth. :cheers:

Oh and Hey Mav, I agree, an original six Stanley Cup would be awesome. Detroit-Rangers would be my pick, nothing would make me happier.

A. I'm a Ranger fan.

B. I was born in Detroit.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally you've come to realize the truth of it all. The Rangers are a better team NOW and that is all that matters. Congrats PeterNorth. :cheers:

Oh and Hey Mav, I agree, an original six Stanley Cup would be awesome. Detroit-Canadiens would be my pick, nothing would make me happier.

I agree Joe! :winking0001:

I agree Joe! :winking0001:

Assclown. ;)

I don't like Montreal's chances. If I had to pick a team today to represent the Eastern Conference, I'd definitely give the edge to Pittsburgh. I thought they would have a tougher time with Ottawa, you know, a 6 game series or something, but man, they're even better than I thought. Great team.

Assclown. ;)

I don't like Montreal's chances. If I had to pick a team today to represent the Eastern Conference, I'd definitely give the edge to Pittsburgh. I thought they would have a tougher time with Ottawa, you know, a 6 game series or something, but man, they're even better than I thought. Great team.

I think it's a combination of Pittsburgh having a good team and Ottawa just having nothing. Without Alfredsson you knew they weren't going to be able to do anything and they've been playing so poorly for the last couple months anyway. And their goaltending is just never going to go far in the playoffs.

But we could see a Pens-Rangers matchup in the 2nd round if Philly beats Washington. It would be a really exciting series IMO.

I think it's a combination of Pittsburgh having a good team and Ottawa just having nothing. Without Alfredsson you knew they weren't going to be able to do anything and they've been playing so poorly for the last couple months anyway. And their goaltending is just never going to go far in the playoffs.

But we could see a Pens-Rangers matchup in the 2nd round if Philly beats Washington. It would be a really exciting series IMO.

Washington's one W was a comeback and I don't see that happening to Biron again. Rangers-Pens would definitely go AT LEAST six games. Most likely it would be a seven game series decided at The Igg in Pittsburgh.

Washington's one W was a comeback and I don't see that happening to Biron again. Rangers-Pens would definitely go AT LEAST six games. Most likely it would be a seven game series decided at The Igg in Pittsburgh.

hmmmmmmm, I wonder how long the Devils-Pens series is going to go. :winking0001:

hmmmmmmm, I wonder how long the Devils-Pens series is going to go. :winking0001:

If there were to be one, Pittsburgh would sweep in 4. Then again, the Devils might get lucky one game, like they did Sunday night, and make it a 5 game series.

;)

P.S. Toon, I hope you're working the ticket lines for me for Friday!

Oh and Hey Mav, I agree, an original six Stanley Cup would be awesome. Detroit-Rangers would be my pick, nothing would make me happier.

A. I'm a Ranger fan.

B. I was born in Detroit.

I never said the Devils were a better team than the Rangers this year. Nor did I ever say the Devils were going to win this series.

All I've said is that the Rangers are a bunch of cheaters and that their fans are a bunch of fair-weather yuppie punks who were underneath a rock when the team wasn't making the playoffs and got swept out of the first round by the Devils just 2 years ago. Now all of a sudden Rangers fans like you have diarrhea of the mouth.

I've already seen the Devils win 3 Stanley Cups, that's three more championships than I will ever see the Jets or Knicks win and 2 more than you'll ever see the Rangers win in your lifetime. (assuming you were actually alive in '94)

I never said the Devils were a better team than the Rangers this year. Nor did I ever say the Devils were going to win this series.

All I've said is that the Rangers are a bunch of cheaters and that their fans are a bunch of fair-weather yuppie punks who were underneath a rock when the team wasn't making the playoffs and got swept out of the first round by the Devils just 2 years ago. Now all of a sudden Rangers fans like you have diarrhea of the mouth.

I've already seen the Devils win 3 Stanley Cups, that's three more championships than I will ever see the Jets or Knicks win and 2 more than you'll ever see the Rangers win in your lifetime. (assuming you were actually alive in '94)

Assuming I was alive in '94? You can't be serious.

I love how you know the future of the Jets, Knicks and Rangers organizations. LOVE IT. And fair weather? Really? You know, when you pack the Garden during a horrible season or a great season, I'd hardly call the fans "fair weather" or "bandwagon". Thats ridiculous. I wear my Rangers cap and or jersey year round, just as I do with the Jets (although I wear the Jets stuff more because I have more Jets stuff because they're my favorite team and have been since growing up), Yankees and Knicks.

Devils fans are the ones who are fair weathered my friend. The only time they can come close to packing the Continental or now "The Rock" is when either the Rangers are in town or if its the Stanley Cup Finals because everyone wants to be a part of that madness.

Good luck tonight.

Not.

The reffing in this game is a *****ing joke right now. Sjostrom gets called for a penalty when he's BLEEDING and Brodeur gets called for diving? How can you have interference and diving on the same play?

Lou Lame's pockets must be pretty big if he can fit all those refs in there.

The best was Marty's ***** "OH I'M HURT!!" collapse into the ground after Jagr barely touched him with his knee. *****. Marty is one little crybaby bitch. Its about time he had a penalty called on him. Too bad he doesn't have to serve it.

3-2 after 2. This has been a really, really good game for the Rangers, minus the one bad goal let up by Henrik. Physical game as usual. Also, I love when PN and madmike call the Rangers dirty. The truth is, the Devils instigate and start pretty much everything, how laughable.

LETS GO RANGERS.

One period away from taking a 3 to 1 lead.

That should've been a penalty on Parise for chopping Lundqvist's stick away from him, or at least on the other guy for pushing Avery while he's on the ground three times. Brodeur is pathetic. Every time he gets scared he resorts to diving. It's fucking bullshit.

The officiating in this game is un effing believable. There were 2 blatant penalties on the Devils that went uncalled before the tying goal. What a joke.

Someone want to explain to me what the hell that was? Thats the second time tonight the refs blew the whistle with the puck STILL IN PLAY, not in the possession of Brodeur. Ridiculous. These refs f'ing blow indeed. As you've said MJ, they've been missing clear penalties on New Jersey all night.

**** yeah baby, **** yeah. Game. Set. MATCH.

Rangers winnnnnnnnnn!!!

5-3, despite the refs cleary on the Devils side. But hey, according to PeterNorth, the NHL is telling the refs that the Rangers have to win. :shock:

Three games to win one, but lets get this done on our home away from home ice in Newark on Friday. Lets get it done infront of a crowd thats 60% Rangers fans anyway.

**** yeah baby, **** yeah. Game. Set. MATCH.

Rangers winnnnnnnnnn!!!

5-3, despite the refs cleary on the Devils side. But hey, according to PeterNorth, the NHL is telling the refs that the Rangers have to win. :shock:

Three games to win one, but lets get this done on our home away from home ice in Newark on Friday. Lets get it done infront of a crowd thats 60% Rangers fans anyway.

Yeah, 91% of the time a team is up 3-1 in a series, they win the series every time. :cheers:

Gerber played a good series actually, its just that everyone else got overpowered. Ottawa hasn't been very good for a while though with their injuries, so you're right that it was expected. I think I read somewhere that they had the worst record in the NHL over the past couple months or something before the playoffs.

Anyway, I really hope the Pens sign Hossa after this year. That guy is awesome.

Gerber played a good series actually, its just that everyone else got overpowered. Ottawa hasn't been very good for a while though with their injuries, so you're right that it was expected. I think I read somewhere that they had the worst record in the NHL over the past couple months or something before the playoffs.

Anyway, I really hope the Pens sign Hossa after this year. That guy is awesome.

Really? I was watching the highlights from tonight's game and they all seemed like weak goals. And I think I remember some other weak goals he gave up but w/e.

No doubt Hossa is awesome but it won't be easy for the Pens to keep him because of the salary cap.

Doo bee doo bee doo... sweep the Sens.

As talented as he is, Crosby is a whiny crybaby. And the NHL has decided to make him the face of the league and indulge his childish nonsense. He can take that whining to the ref soccer BS of caterwauling every time anyone touches him and stick it up his a$$.

Congratulations to all the trendy coward Ranger fans who were MIA for most of the past 10 years including the time you got swept by us in the first round 24 months ago. You beat the Devils in a series. Celebrate this like it is the Stanley Cup because you're not winning one.

As talented as he is, Crosby is a whiny crybaby. And the NHL has decided to make him the face of the league and indulge his childish nonsense. He can take that whining to the ref soccer BS of caterwauling every time anyone touches him and stick it up his a$$.

As the captain, it's his job to talk to the refs. Sure he does his fair share of complaining, but it isn't like it is without just cause. Most people cannot keep up with him and so people have to resort to other tactics than just playing straight up defense.

Congratulations to all the trendy coward Ranger fans who were MIA for most of the past 10 years including the time you got swept by us in the first round 24 months ago. You beat the Devils in a series. Celebrate this like it is the Stanley Cup because you're not winning one.

LOL. You is funny. You're making a bigger deal out of last night than any Rangers fans are. And sorry for being happy about winning a playoff game, we'll try to keep it down for you next time.

And the series isn't over and no Rangers fan is saying so either.

the opinions of PeterNorth09 do not reflect those of other Devil fans here...well, except for maybe madmike! :winking0001:

Horrible game by the refs....horrible defensive game by Elias, way too many turnovers, including the biggest one on the game winner.

Just win a friggin "home" game...please!!!! I want to see 1 playoff win with all the friggin money I've spent this year!

Archived