How Much Faith Should You Have in Mike Tannebaum?

SoFlaJets

How Much Faith Should You Have in Mike Tannebaum?

By Joe Caporoso | April 11th, 2008

Surprising Jets Fact of the Day: In the last 10 seasons, the Jets are 8 games over .500, their record in playoffs however is an uninspiring 3-5.

Wins: 34 - 24 vs. Jacksonville; 41-0 vs. Indianapolis; 20-17 vs. San Diego

Losses: 23-10 vs. Denver; 38-24 vs. Oakland; 30-10 vs. Oakland; 20-17 vs. Pittsburgh; 37-16 vs. New England

Jets Fact of the Day to Cheer You Up After Reading about our Playoff Record: Dancing Diva Jason Taylor routinely loves to criticize Jets fans after his team and himself receive their annual beatdowns from Gang Green, here is a look at Jason Taylor

i was going to say, before i read the article, as tannenbaum goes it is always 'what have youd one for me lately'. I have to say i have a lot of faith in the guy. Even if you want to call brick a bust, he has still started 33 games if i'm not mistaken and the CS don't seem too concerened with finding a replacement.

Past that, all his top round picks have been more than justified and all the players have either panned out or are still getting grades (kellen). I have the faith!

i was going to say, before i read the article, as tannenbaum goes it is always 'what have youd one for me lately'. I have to say i have a lot of faith in the guy. Even if you want to call brick a bust, he has still started 33 games if i'm not mistaken and the CS don't seem too concerened with finding a replacement.

Past that, all his top round picks have been more than justified and all the players have either panned out or are still getting grades (kellen). I have the faith!

yea I'm not nearly ready to call D'Brick a bust-he'll be a lot better playing with 2 other 1st round picks around him..even Moore looked like he was trying to play 2 positions last season half the time next to Clement

yea I'm not nearly ready to call D'Brick a bust-he'll be a lot better playing with 2 other 1st round picks around him..even Moore looked like he was trying to play 2 positions last season half the time next to Clement

Is he a bust, is he not a bust. Finally we find out this season. His 3rd year, playing next to Faneca now. No more excuses. He needs to step up big time.

2006, Round 3 - Pick #97 Overall - Eric Smith, Safety - A good value pick here since Smith has played well over the past two years in the nickel and dime defenses. He is expected to compete with Abram Elam for a starting job this year. (B-).

2006, Round 4 - Pick #103 Overall - Brad Smith, Receiver - Smith is a valuable player who is still adjusting to switching positions in the NFL. He had a good rookie year but struggled with extending playing time in 2007, this season could be a make or break year for him as a potential #3 receiver in this league. (B-).

2006, Round 4 - Pick #117 Overall - Leon Washington, Running Back - Good work by Tannenbaum here. Washington was instrumental in the Jets playoff run in 2006 and was one of the best kick returners in the league last season. (A).

2006, Round 5 - Pick #150 Overall - Jason Pocsiak, Tight End - A decent blocker who isn

These are insanely generous draft grades.

Eric Smith is behind some minimum-salary nobody that Dallas cut outright.

Brad Smith is awful other than special teams; you don't draft special teams players at the top of round 4 when there were legit day-one linemen & WR's still available.

Pociask was expected to go undrafted. We took him in round 5. He missed his entire rookie season with an injury, so I can hardly fault Tannenbaum for that. But when he came back he was struggling to beat out Sean friggin' Ryan for playing time.

Given that there were more conventional, higher talents readily available to us -- at positions of need for starters & depth -- all three of these picks are F's. Maybe D's at the highest since they haven't been cut yet & Brad Smith has at least been a standout on ST's. But they were all reaches & they all pretty much are sucky pros. As they were expected to be.

Included in your quote was Washington at 4:117. You didn't mean to include him there, did you? I mean, knowing what we know now.. you would have pulled the trigger on him at 117 right?

Honestly, I don't think Brad Smith was all that bad of a pick in round 4, either...

Included in your quote was Washington at 4:117. You didn't mean to include him there, did you? I mean, knowing what we know now.. you would have pulled the trigger on him at 117 right?

Honestly, I don't think Brad Smith was all that bad of a pick in round 4, either...

Clearly I didn't mean to include Leon.

But Brad Smith was an awful pick in round 4 that year. If we took him in round 6 he'd be a good pick. He is nothing more than a special teams player who was inserted at WR due to no more than injuries and lack of team depth at the position. You find those guys off the street; you don't draft them with what is virtually a day one pick.

Clearly I didn't mean to include Leon.

But Brad Smith was an awful pick in round 4 that year. If we took him in round 6 he'd be a good pick. He is nothing more than a special teams player who was inserted at WR due to no more than injuries and lack of team depth at the position. You find those guys off the street; you don't draft them with what is virtually a day one pick.

Come on now, Sperm, who could we have got in the 4th round that's better than Brad Smith?

Brandon Marshall? Dude gets injured by entertainment centers. What a *****.

As far as I am concerned, Tannenbaum went "all in" this offseason and anything less than a wild card is a disappointment. You can't dish out the kind of cake to free agents that they did without expecting Playoffs.

If we only win 6 games or less this season after spending like drunken sailors, we will be the laughingstock of the NFL.

Archived