Jets Super Bowl Contenders? Here's why!

Curtis Martin 28

Year after year there are probally thousands of Jets fan who believe that this is the Jets' year to shine. This has not been the case for fourty one years though. But, I believe that all of that can change this year. I believe the Jets can make the Super Bowl.

First off, let's talk about the draft. I think we should trade down in order to get the two picks from the Cowboys. There is so much raw talent in the later rounds. There's guys like Aquib Talib, Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Mario Manningham, Steve Slaton, Mike Hart, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Dennis Dixon, Jonathan Stewart, Cromartie, Andre Woodson, and many more young talents who will all probally be taken out of the top 10. Also, you have unheard of guys like Jamie Silva, and Dejuan Tribble out of Boston College who are very talented, but will be available in the later rounds also. Lastly, you also have Colt Brennan. I don't even think I've seen his name on any mock drafts after he had that four interception performance. My point is, we can trade down and still have many options to upgrade every one of our needs. Before the draft, we should trade D-Rob for a few picks in order to get more of these talents I listed above.

Also, let's talk about the quarterback situation. I know that most people hate Chad Penninton. But, you have to consider one factor when talking about Chad Penninton; he had no supporting cast in 2007. I believe if we draft the right people, Chad could have some more time to pass. Because when he has time, he can be very accurate. Many fans do not know this, but I believe, not one hundred percent sure, that Chad Pennington has the second or first accuracy percent ever. Also, Laverneous Coles is now healthy and with a revamped Chad, we now have two potential one thousand yard wide receivers. Not to mention we have a one thousand yard rusher in Thomas Jones. We also have upgraded our O-Line with Damien Woody and Alan Faneca to complement a young talent in Nick Mangold. We also have upgraded our depth at Tight End with Bubba Franks. Not to mention a great blocking fullback in Tony Richardson.

Defensive-wise, we have upgraded our D-Line with Kris Jenkins. We also have a tackling machine in David Harris, and an all around beast in Kerry Rhodes. We also added a great Linebacker in Clavin Pace. We also have a great kicker in Mike Nugent.

Special Teams wise, we are great. We have two great kick returners in Leon Washington and Justin Miller. justin Miller lead the league in avg. kickoff return yards in '06, and Washington was second in '07.

We also have a great coaching staff. We have a great Head Coach in Eric Mangini. He worked with one of the smartest minds in football, Billicheat, and something must've rubbed off on him. Also, we have a new Assistant Coach in Bill Callahan, who has alot of experience. Overall, I would say, if we have a good draft, this could be our best offseason ever. If the draft goes our way, I believe this could be our year.

Year after year there are probally thousands of Jets fan who believe that this is the Jets' year to shine. This has not been the case for fourty one years though. But, I believe that all of that can change this year. I believe the Jets can make the Super Bowl. First off, let's talk about the draft. I think we should trade down in order to get the two picks from the Cowboys. There is so much raw talent in the later rounds. There's guys like Aquib Talib, Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Mario Manningham, Steve Slaton, Mike Hart, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Dennis Dixon, Jonathan Stewart, Cromartie, Andre Woodson, and many more young talents who will all probally be taken out of the top 10. Also, you have unheard of guys like Jamie Silva, and Dejuan Tribble out of Boston College who are very talented, but will be available in the later rounds also. Lastly, you also have Colt Brennan. I don't even think I've seen his name on any mock drafts after he had that four interception performance. My point is, we can trade down and still have many options to upgrade every one of our needs. Before the draft, we should trade D-Rob for a few picks in order to get more of these talents I listed above. Also, let's talk about the quarterback situation. I know that most people hate Chad Penninton. But, you have to consider one factor when talking about Chad Penninton; he had no supporting cast in 2007. I believe if we draft the right people, Chad could have some more time to pass. Because when he has time, he can be very accurate. Many fans do not know this, but I believe, not one hundred percent sure, that Chad Pennington has the second or first accuracy percent ever. Also, Laverneous Coles is now healthy and with a revamped Chad, we now have two potential one thousand yard wide receivers. Not to mention we have a one thousand yard rusher in Thomas Jones. We also have upgraded our O-Line with Damien Woody and Alan Faneca to complement a young talent in Nick Mangold. We also have upgraded our depth at Tight End with Bubba Franks. Not to mention a great blocking fullback in Tony Richardson. Defensive-wise, we have upgraded our D-Line with Kris Jenkins. We also have a tackling machine in David Harris, and an all around beast in Kerry Rhodes. We also added a great Linebacker in Clavin Pace. We also have a great kicker in Mike Nugent. Special Teams wise, we are great. We have two great kick returners in Leon Washington and Justin Miller. justin Miller lead the league in avg. kickoff return yards in '06, and Washington was second in '07. We also have a great coaching staff. We have a great Head Coach in Eric Mangini. He worked with one of the smartest minds in football, Billicheat, and something must've rubbed off on him. Also, we have a new Assistant Coach in Bill Callahan, who has alot of experience. Overall, I would say, if we have a good draft, this could be our best offseason ever. If the draft goes our way, I believe this could be our year.

I'll have what he's having, bartender!

Year after year there are probally thousands of Jets fan who believe that this is the Jets' year to shine. This has not been the case for fourty one years though. But, I believe that all of that can change this year. I believe the Jets can make the Super Bowl. First off, let's talk about the draft. I think we should trade down in order to get the two picks from the Cowboys. There is so much raw talent in the later rounds. There's guys like Aquib Talib, Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Mario Manningham, Steve Slaton, Mike Hart, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Dennis Dixon, Jonathan Stewart, Cromartie, Andre Woodson, and many more young talents who will all probally be taken out of the top 10. Also, you have unheard of guys like Jamie Silva, and Dejuan Tribble out of Boston College who are very talented, but will be available in the later rounds also. Lastly, you also have Colt Brennan. I don't even think I've seen his name on any mock drafts after he had that four interception performance. My point is, we can trade down and still have many options to upgrade every one of our needs. Before the draft, we should trade D-Rob for a few picks in order to get more of these talents I listed above. Also, let's talk about the quarterback situation. I know that most people hate Chad Penninton. But, you have to consider one factor when talking about Chad Penninton; he had no supporting cast in 2007. I believe if we draft the right people, Chad could have some more time to pass. Because when he has time, he can be very accurate. Many fans do not know this, but I believe, not one hundred percent sure, that Chad Pennington has the second or first accuracy percent ever. Also, Laverneous Coles is now healthy and with a revamped Chad, we now have two potential one thousand yard wide receivers. Not to mention we have a one thousand yard rusher in Thomas Jones. We also have upgraded our O-Line with Damien Woody and Alan Faneca to complement a young talent in Nick Mangold. We also have upgraded our depth at Tight End with Bubba Franks. Not to mention a great blocking fullback in Tony Richardson. Defensive-wise, we have upgraded our D-Line with Kris Jenkins. We also have a tackling machine in David Harris, and an all around beast in Kerry Rhodes. We also added a great Linebacker in Clavin Pace. We also have a great kicker in Mike Nugent. Special Teams wise, we are great. We have two great kick returners in Leon Washington and Justin Miller. justin Miller lead the league in avg. kickoff return yards in '06, and Washington was second in '07. We also have a great coaching staff. We have a great Head Coach in Eric Mangini. He worked with one of the smartest minds in football, Billicheat, and something must've rubbed off on him. Also, we have a new Assistant Coach in Bill Callahan, who has alot of experience. Overall, I would say, if we have a good draft, this could be our best offseason ever. If the draft goes our way, I believe this could be our year.

I am jealous. I once said such things about the Jets and believed them.

Oh, and it's ok for you to use this after some of your sentences:

23432017.jpg

Thanks for the fix, Cmart.

I don't doubt that this team will be vastly improved, they have to be, considering all the $$ they've dropped on the FAs.

Can we make a run for the playoffs this year? I think so, is there anyone here that doesn't think we have a decent shot for the playoffs?

Superbowl? I don't think so, but you never know. Towards the middle of last season people didnt consider the Giants a lock for the playoffs, let alone the superbowl.. and I thought Eli Manning was just another Rex Grossman.. so who knows?

Year after year there are probally thousands of Jets fan who believe that this is the Jets' year to shine. This has not been the case for fourty one years though. But, I believe that all of that can change this year. I believe the Jets can make the Super Bowl.

First off, let's talk about the draft. I think we should trade down in order to get the two picks from the Cowboys. There is so much raw talent in the later rounds. There's guys like Aquib Talib, Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Mario Manningham, Steve Slaton, Mike Hart, Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Dennis Dixon, Jonathan Stewart, Cromartie, Andre Woodson, and many more young talents who will all probally be taken out of the top 10. Also, you have unheard of guys like Jamie Silva, and Dejuan Tribble out of Boston College who are very talented, but will be available in the later rounds also. Lastly, you also have Colt Brennan. I don't even think I've seen his name on any mock drafts after he had that four interception performance. My point is, we can trade down and still have many options to upgrade every one of our needs. Before the draft, we should trade D-Rob for a few picks in order to get more of these talents I listed above.

Also, let's talk about the quarterback situation. I know that most people hate Chad Penninton. But, you have to consider one factor when talking about Chad Penninton; he had no supporting cast in 2007. I believe if we draft the right people, Chad could have some more time to pass. Because when he has time, he can be very accurate. Many fans do not know this, but I believe, not one hundred percent sure, that Chad Pennington has the second or first accuracy percent ever. Also, Laverneous Coles is now healthy and with a revamped Chad, we now have two potential one thousand yard wide receivers. Not to mention we have a one thousand yard rusher in Thomas Jones. We also have upgraded our O-Line with Damien Woody and Alan Faneca to complement a young talent in Nick Mangold. We also have upgraded our depth at Tight End with Bubba Franks. Not to mention a great blocking fullback in Tony Richardson.

Defensive-wise, we have upgraded our D-Line with Kris Jenkins. We also have a tackling machine in David Harris, and an all around beast in Kerry Rhodes. We also added a great Linebacker in Clavin Pace. We also have a great kicker in Mike Nugent.

Special Teams wise, we are great. We have two great kick returners in Leon Washington and Justin Miller. justin Miller lead the league in avg. kickoff return yards in '06, and Washington was second in '07.

We also have a great coaching staff. We have a great Head Coach in Eric Mangini. He worked with one of the smartest minds in football, Billicheat, and something must've rubbed off on him. Also, we have a new Assistant Coach in Bill Callahan, who has alot of experience. Overall, I would say, if we have a good draft, this could be our best offseason ever. If the draft goes our way, I believe this could be our year.

I have three words for you: New England Patriots

Way too early for this, we havent even gotten to the draft yet!!

Anyway, our season is going to depend on two things, both of which are huge question marks.

1) Chemistry - This is the REALLY big one. After our offseason moves we are good enough on paper to at the very least make a run at the playoffs. However, the team also has to be able to play together. If history has proven anything, its that teams that make this many changes in a single offseason will usually take a year or two of playing together to really click. Hopefully the Jets can magically speed up that adjustment period, but at this point, I doubt we'd be anything more than a Wild Card team, if that. This question mark is also related to the 2nd question -- Quarterback. - Read below

2)Quarterback - Its no secret that we have a QB controversy on our hands right now. Its also no secret that going into a season with a QB controversy would have a very negative affect on the chemistry of the team, regardless if they have all been together for 5 years or two weeks. Given the fact that we will already have so many new starters on the team, a QB controversy is the LAST thing we can afford to have as we head into the 08 season.

This means one QB has to really prove himself head and shoulders better than the other, or one has to be traded/released by the time the season starts. This could also cause chemistry problems...

I like the optimism, but I'll stick with my '09 prediction. ::GoJets:

Way too early for this, we havent even gotten to the draft yet!!

Anyway, our season is going to depend on two things, both of which are huge question marks.

1) Chemistry - This is the REALLY big one. After our offseason moves we are good enough on paper to at the very least make a run at the playoffs. However, the team also has to be able to play together. If history has proven anything, its that teams that make this many changes in a single offseason will usually take a year or two of playing together to really click. Hopefully the Jets can magically speed up that adjustment period, but at this point, I doubt we'd be anything more than a Wild Card team, if that. This question mark is also related to the 2nd question -- Quarterback. - Read below

2)Quarterback - Its no secret that we have a QB controversy on our hands right now. Its also no secret that going into a season with a QB controversy would have a very negative affect on the chemistry of the team, regardless if they have all been together for 5 years or two weeks. Given the fact that we will already have so many new starters on the team, a QB controversy is the LAST thing we can afford to have as we head into the 08 season.

3) Bob Sutton - He is still around. If he has to be there bc they have no other candidate then he better start to coach the entire season for a change, or hand over the calls to Mangini.

Archived