GreenBlood poppin shiite on JI about the Nation

Mean Papi Green

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last week i recieved an email inviting me to join the chat room at Jetsnation ..so I did like I'm sure

others of you have ...... well boys and girls watch out! because I got something I did not count on .... a

virius! Now let me explain how i know it got in throught Jetsnation. I signed on and noticed a pop-up

right away ...I deleted it right away.....and left my computer. Now mind you it was my work

computer....and because Of who i work for my computer is protected by all types of stuff.... I could not

believe a virius got in, after 2 years this is the first one. I called our staff of computer nerds....and

they have been working on the problem for two days . They traced it to Jetsnation by the time in was first

spotted in my computer 15 sec after a typed a responce to a post.

On top of this virius I'm also in trouble at work.

The Virius is attached to a internet gambling sites they keep running and you can't delete or un-install

them. The pop-ups for a toolbar and a spy-bot also pop-up. My guys have tried everything....short of a

total wipe out ! So as of tomarrow thats what they are going to do.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this thing let me know. all I can say is look out new things

aren't always a good things .....

There are at least three possible explanations.

1. He went to the wrong address jetsnation (which is not us). And the GODADDY place holder actually infected him like he said.

2. He was already infected with SPYWARE. And the popups were launched at the same time that he visited the site. The I.T. guy tried to guess which site caused the spyware and was wrong.

3. He is lying and made the whole thing up for whatever reason.

Guys realize one thing. There is no website here. There are no banner ads. We have no advertising. Therefor there are no Pop Ups.

There are at least three possible explanations.

1. He went to the wrong address jetsnation (which is not us). And the GODADDY place holder actually infected him like he said.

2. He was already infected with SPYWARE. And the popups were launched at the same time that he visited the site. The I.T. guy tried to guess which site caused the spyware and was wrong.

3. He is lying and made the whole thing up for whatever reason.

Guys realize one thing. There is no website here. There are no banner ads. We have no advertising. Therefor there are no Pop Ups.

I love the simple answers in life - they always make the most sense.

GreenBeans I believe you are technical. Please feel free to add anything to this discussion.

But yes I agree I think the simpliest answer is the correct one answer.

Max and Tom, you have been SACKED.

ok

in the beginning i wasnt sure if it was jetnation or jetsnation.

when i went to jetsnation, nothing existed.

are you saying that there is now a jetsnation.com site?

if som it must have been started in the last few days to give viruses by sooth to anyone who tries to leave his prison.

seriously though, i doubt jetsnation.com even exists but im too scared to check now

GreenBeans I believe you are technical. Please feel free to add anything to this discussion.

But yes I agree I think the simpliest answer is the correct one answer.

Max and Tom, you have been SACKED.

Your answer is 100% on the mark - you don't have anything on this site that could cause an issue. The only possible thing that I could even imagine being exploited here is the BB software, but that's not too likley. I stick with common sense, and it tells me the dude was looking to score a few points with Sooth.

ok

in the beginning i wasnt sure if it was jetnation or jetsnation.

when i went to jetsnation, nothing existed.

are you saying that there is now a jetsnation.com site?

if som it must have been started in the last few days to give viruses by sooth to anyone who tries to leave his prison.

seriously though, i doubt jetsnation.com even exists but im too scared to check now

jets was taken. so we had to go with jet.

You know guys, if I wanted to watch soap operas I'd tivo Days of our Lives.....you know?

My suggestion? Move on already!

That's funny you say that. My wife is watching that as we speak. That's why I'm in here. :lol:

Oh come on, Garb. We'll cast you as the Susan Lucci-esque raging nympho/murderer. Whattya say?

Im sure she would like to stray away from her normal life....can't you give her a character that would make her stretch her acting skills .

just 1 more dumb question..not that I am a computer geek, but let me just leave this last question before I DROP this thread...IMO

Why did it take Greenblood from 23 Feb 2005 when he joined till today to get a VIRUS? Just curious?

It was convenient today

'

as VP I DEMAND GARB a title....

Slick Chick, Secretary of Beantown, SOMETHING be creative or I will start a thread of BRAINSTORMING :P

She refuesed the honor, Bren. She doesn't trust us to respect her dignity. Psycho paranoid bitch!

I like that one, Bren! Problem is, I don't think anyone will believe it...even though it's true! :shock: I think my sometimes caustic humor gives people the wrong impression.... :lol::lol:

ITS AMAZING how people would rahter believe lies then the TRUTH...TRUTH or DARE?

Tom shane wears cotton granny panties .?.

Your answer is 100% on the mark - you don't have anything on this site that could cause an issue. The only possible thing that I could even imagine being exploited here is the BB software, but that's not too likley. I stick with common sense, and it tells me the dude was looking to score a few points with Sooth.

I read the post and the thing that pissed me off is the guy that posted it made a point of it to say that he received an invitation to come to this site as he was "sure several other members had". Then he rambles on about the virus. He was trying to give the impression that you all were taking members away from JI as stupid as that sounds. Like he was trying to get points for bringing it to JI's attention that there was another Jets site that was inviting people over here as if it were an attempt to diminish JI's membership. Anyway I think that was his real motive he just used the virus as an excuse to post it.

Wat up AROD...How come your sig pic is a red X? I can't see your new pic :cry: Welcome HAVE fun!

Did you see Vilma an Moss down there the other day?

No I missed out on the Vilma thing. I'm working 2 jobs now and have a 5 1/2 month old son so I don't have much time to get away anymore.

Archived