Everyone turn on Sportscenter... Herm story on the way

nj meadowlands

Saw Edwards on the news,and to his credit he said just the right thing about Abraham-how he's an important mebr of the team, he should be here, and we hope this can all be resolve amicably. Give'em all the rope he wants. No point in throwing gasoline on the fire -for now.

I've said that from day one.

Hermy would be an outstanding college HC.

Pete Carroll II.

Tx - i don't really see the similarities b/w the two. the biggest difference b/w carrol and herm is that the players, if nothing else, have the utmost respect for herm as the leader of the team. that was not the case with carroll, who the players had no respect for and basically walked all over.

if anything, i would compare carroll to Jim Fassel - both were focused on one side of the ball and the players at some point stopped respecting them.

I saw that little PR special. He should be ashamed of himself, exploiting poor youth for his own image & publicity. This was obviously done to take the spotlight off his hideous coaching of our beloved Jets. All that was missing was the computer-generated halo above his head. What a transparent sham. This is a new low for the human race. God I hate that friggin' scumbag.

I saw that little PR special. He should be ashamed of himself, exploiting poor youth for his own image & publicity. This was obviously done to take the spotlight off his hideous coaching of our beloved Jets. All that was missing was the computer-generated halo above his head. What a transparent sham. This is a new low for the human race. God I hate that friggin' scumbag.

Wow, even I wouldn't go that far. [-X

Hermy is a great human being and what he does for kids should be applauded.

Now if you want to talk X's and O's in the NFL, well that's just a different story.

I caught a little of it. I think his efforts are fantastic and there's no better way to help the world out than to help our children (Bravo, Hermie!)- but that speach to the parents! "Oh, Madonna!" Contrived, preachy, fire and brimestone laced with more cliches than I thought existed. What a showboat and so full of manure. Man, I can't beleive he has you people snowed like this.

"YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT THIS! (POUNDS HAND ON PODIUM) YOUR CHILD WON'T BE NINE EVER AGAIN - HE'LL BE TEN, BUT HE CAN'T GO BACK TO NINE. (Somewhere GG is so proud) PARENTS! SPEND YOUR TIME WITH YOUR CHILDREN!! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!! - Hermie

Wow - brilliant stuff that I have never heard before.... :roll: I bet those parents didn't know that! Shoot - all of them will be better parents because of Herm! Nothing like lectures and hot air to get the parental juices flowing......

I ciaght a little of it. I think the efforts are fantastic - but that speach to the parents! "Oh, Madonna!" Contrived, preachy, fire and brimestone laced with more cliches than I thought existed. What a showboat and so full of manure. Man, I can't beleive he has you people snowed like this.

"YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT THIS! (POUNDS HAND ON PODIUM) YOUR CHILD WON'T BE NINE EVER AGAIN - HE'LL BE TEN, BUT HE CAN'T GO BACK TO NINE. (Somewhere GG is so proud) PARENTS! SPEND YOUR TIME WITH YOUR CHILDREN!! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!! - Hermie

Wow - brilliant stuff that I have never heard before.... :roll: I bet those parents didn't know that! Shoot - all of them will be better parents because of Herm! Nothing like lectures and hot air to get the parental juices flowing......

Math is one of the cornerstones of our world... without it ..where would we be...? This is just another example that i can share with my students about how math is used in the real world :mrgreen:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that was sarcastic and move on.

Blah, blah, blah. It's starting to become obvious that they won't ever tell him to rein it in, and not because they can't; but because no one will tell the Fence Hopper that he's the naked emperor. Even if they did, he wouldn't listen. He's the head coach of the NY Jets!At some point, someone must've told Hermie how embarrassing these pointless media appearances are, but he soldiers on, obviously to feed his ego. He has no power, no input, just the accidental figurehead coach wandering Hofstra. Can't get this out of my head-Henderson and Heimerdinger listening to this cliche-a-thon nodding knowing it's all smoke and mirrors and they will be doing the heavy lifting, while Hermie goes on another Jackie Chiles tear.

What's pathetic is that Edwards thinks this is the biggest and most important part of his job. And most successful coaches couldn't be bothered with all this media. Well, it's a great prep as a Fox studio laughing cliche dude.

Can't get this out of my head-Henderson and Heimerdinger listening to this cliche-a-thon nodding knowing it's all smoke and mirrors and they will be doing the heavy lifting, while Hermie goes on another Jackie Chiles tear.

Ten bucks says Hendu and Dinger flip Hermy the bird behind his back. #-o

I've said that from day one.

Hermy would be an outstanding college HC.

Pete Carroll II.

FACK that! Carroll was a rah-rah guy, but he was also a brilliant schemer and defensive mind. He made some extremely piss-poor Jet defenses look very good alot of times with innovative schemes. Herm, on the other hand, is a career nitwit who has never done anything but rub player's balls after they get balled out by the REAL coach, whether it be Monte Kiffin or Donnie Hendu.

btw, how old were these kids? Is there still time to correct all the damage that Herm's "coaching" will cause them? Are they aware that only 11 players are allowed on the field at one time? Are they aware that they'll have to "tackle" in a real game?

Blah, blah, blah. It's starting to become obvious that they won't ever tell him to rein it in, and not because they can't; but because no one will tell the Fence Hopper that he's the naked emperor. Even if they did, he wouldn't listen. He's the head coach of the NY Jets!At some point, someone must've told Hermie how embarrassing these pointless media appearances are, but he soldiers on, obviously to feed his ego. He has no power, no input, just the accidental figurehead coach wandering Hofstra. Can't get this out of my head-Henderson and Heimerdinger listening to this cliche-a-thon nodding knowing it's all smoke and mirrors and they will be doing the heavy lifting, while Hermie goes on another Jackie Chiles tear.

What's pathetic is that Edwards thinks this is the biggest and most important part of his job. And most successful coaches couldn't be bothered with all this media. Well, it's a great prep as a Fox studio laughing cliche dude.

Yeah, god forbid the guy actually does something good and help some kids out. It must really suck to be a kid and have to go to a football camp with an NFL Head Coach and Pro Bowl players there. It's amazing how cynical the Herm-Haters are. Herm's obviously a really good guy but they just can't accept that or that maybe he cares about things besides coaching the Jets. Obviously any single move he does will be criticized like hell by the Herm-Hating Club. Well that's all I can really think of to say, because there's no way to truly respond to that kind of utter BS.

I caught a little of it. I think his efforts are fantastic and there's no better way to help the world out than to help our children (Bravo, Hermie!)- but that speach to the parents! "Oh, Madonna!" Contrived, preachy, fire and brimestone laced with more cliches than I thought existed. What a showboat and so full of manure. Man, I can't beleive he has you people snowed like this.

Herm has been doing this for 10 years. long before he was HC of the NY Jets. My guess is that he will do it for 10 more, long after he is the HC of the NY Jets.

For all his showmanship and brovado - Herm actually believes what he preaches. That is what makes him an effective communicator. It is not lip service it is what he believes is right. The man is a success, always has been. like it or not this is one class act who does things the right way in life.

And this is one coach that wouldn't steal from a dying man.

For all his showmanship and brovado - Herm actually believes what he preaches. That is what makes him an effective communicator. It is not lip service it is what he believes is right. The man is a success, always has been. like it or not this is one class act who does things the right way in life.

And this is one coach that wouldn't steal from a dying man.

Trust, Respect, Integrity, High Morale Standards:

Belichick > Hermy =D>=D>

Ok. Now we are back on track.

You are wrong, but back on track. :)

BZ

Every day I grow to appreciate you more and more. You should no longer fear imminent banning. That is, if I had the power to ban people. But you know what I mean. <Hugs> ::wub

I doubt it. If it wasn't for Herm, Hendu would be coaching D Backs in obscurity for the rest of his life.

This will be the sideline alignment for coaches this season:

Dinger:Hendu:....................................Herman:Dick Curl

Archived