NFL Sched. ...

joiseyjet

Just got off the NFL media site & there is nothing on it, including my Email account, indicating that the schedule will be released tomorrow. The estimate was for this Thursday, so if it has changed, what was the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's source?

NFL to release schedule Tuesday

Monday, April 14, 2008

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The National Football League will announce its full schedule of regular-season games on Tuesday, the Post-Gazette has learned.

The Steelers schedule of 16 regular-season games has been rated the toughest in the league by virtue of their opponents' records in 2007. While each team's opponents have been known, the dates and times of each game finally will be released by the league tomorrow.

First published on April 14, 2008 at 12:26 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08105/873223-100.stm

:character42:I have a problem with this - Why would only the Pittsburgh papers release this infomation & no one else?

Just got off the NFL media site & there is nothing on it, including my Email account, indicating that the schedule will be released tomorrow. The estimate was for this Thursday, so if it has changed, what was there source?

:character42:

It was the newest thread on Profootball.com as of 1/2 an hour ago anyway, but it will still be listed there

See my prior post - I have a problem with this - Why would only the Pittsburgh papers release this infomation & no one else?

So all of a sudden after 99% of everything that gets posted on PFT gets posted here and is always creditable now all of a sudden the site has lost it`s creditability?

See my prior post - I have a problem with this - Why would only the Pittsburgh papers release this infomation & no one else?

Baummer there is a guy on JI who says he remembers it was the same pitt. paper that released the Sched. info last year also ,so there may be something to it...

Hopefully the sked breaks the right way. I will do one of the west coast trips, but timing is everything so I'm not concerned with which one it will be.

DNA,

Been to all of the west coast NFL stadiums. To me they rank like this.

1. Seattle -stadium location and fun city

2. Sad Diego - weather and fun city. Stay downtown and take Trolley to game

3. SF - Great city. Old park though and away from downtown

100. Oakland - nothing good to say about the town, stadium, location, If you must go, stay in SF and cross the bridge for game.

So the schedule should be coming out tomorrow? Excellent. I cannot wait for tomorrow. :beer:

Too bad the release is at 2pm. I have work from 9-4. If anyone would like to text me the Jets schedule when it comes out, PM me and I'll send you my number. Thanks.

One thing is most likely for certain. The Jets will open with a 1pm game, meaning no West Coast. That Sunday CBS has some Tennis garbage on at 4pm thats supposedly a big deal tournament. The Jets play on CBS. Therefore, no West Coast game for the Jets that Sunday most likely, IMO.

Here's to hoping we open up at home against Miami.

Hopefully the sked breaks the right way. I will do one of the west coast trips, but timing is everything so I'm not concerned with which one it will be.

SD is gonna be a huge party! And yes you wise-asses, I will find the correct parking lot this time!

1 Adults (age 18 to 64)</SPAN> $398.00Additional Taxes/Fees</SPAN> $21.00Total Price</SPAN> $419.00 ftd_200803a_bml20-90d.jpg Flight Details:Depart:

7:59 a.m.

Thu., Oct. 2, 2008

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:

11:04 a.m.

Thu., Oct. 2, 2008

Seattle, WA (SEA) Travel Time:

6 hr 5 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification:

2,401 /100% Flight: CO1581

Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Fare Class: Economy (U)

Meal: Snack

Depart:

7:35 a.m.

Tue., Oct. 7, 2008

Seattle, WA (SEA) Arrive:

3:48 p.m.

Tue., Oct. 7, 2008

New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Travel Time:

5 hr 13 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification:

2,401 /100% Flight: CO1580

not a bad price

not bad air fare at all..

Adults (age 18 to 64)</SPAN> $388.00Additional Taxes/Fees</SPAN> $21.00Total Price</SPAN> $409.00 ftd_200803a_bml20-90d.jpg Flight Details:Depart:

9:00 a.m.

Thu., Nov. 6, 2008

12:22 p.m.

Thu., Nov. 6, 2008

San Diego, CA (SAN) Travel Time:

6 hr 22 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification:

2,425 /100% Flight: CO1626

Fare Class: Economy (O)

Depart:

8:05 a.m.

Tue., Nov. 11, 2008

San Diego, CA (SAN) Arrive:

4:24 p.m.

Tue., Nov. 11, 2008

5 hr 19 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification:

2,425 /100% Flight: CO1827

Fare Class: Economy (O)

AS long as these dates work out ,,,lol

1 Adults (age 18 to 64)</SPAN> $398.00Additional Taxes/Fees</SPAN> $21.00Total Price</SPAN> $419.00 ftd_200803a_bml20-90d.jpg Flight Details:Depart:

7:59 a.m.

Thu., Oct. 2, 2008

11:04 a.m.

Thu., Oct. 2, 2008

Seattle, WA (SEA) Travel Time:

6 hr 5 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification:

2,401 /100% Flight: CO1581

Depart:

7:35 a.m.

Tue., Oct. 7, 2008

Seattle, WA (SEA) Arrive:

3:48 p.m.

Tue., Oct. 7, 2008

5 hr 13 mn OnePass Miles/

Elite Qualification:

2,401 /100% Flight: CO1580

not a bad price

THANK YOU FOR FLYING CONTINENTAL :P

Unless the Jets play Arizona or the Rams that game would be on FOX and possiblity of a 4 PM Start -- fat chance but still ....

They could do that which would be a-okay with me. As long as we open up at home. :cheers:

it wouldnt be on Fox if we were on the road. TV rights go to the visiting team.

We could be on Fox at home though....

The Jets play both St.Louis and Arizona at home this year. They travel to Seattle and San Francisco.

hey handsome you guys up for Seattle???:vactiontime:

It's definitely in the running, and personally my first choice. Love the city and would love to check out that stadium, great atmosphere.

We'll see how it all plays out come tomorrow.

How's things by you?? Staying out of trouble ??:rolleyes:

sooo pumped love the day the schedule comes out....dont u guys think the jets are prob gonna be on the road the 1st week, because the giants are home thursday night in week 1?? let me kno

thanks

joe

Week 17 last season the Giants hosted New England on Saturday NIGHT - a game that didn't end until Midnight - and the Jets played Kansas City at 4pm the next day. I happened to be in the parking lot at 7am Sunday morning and the lots were clean already, and the Jets banner was on the stadium as well. The whole Giants playing on Thursday Night is no excuse to schedule the Jets on the road. Hopefully we'll be opening at home.

Archived