Jets | Pennington Talks Abraham

Smizzy

Jets | Pennington Talks Abraham

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:21:08 -0700

Annie Shepard, of NewYorkJets.com, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington says the team will welcome DL John Abraham back with open arms if and when he decides to end his holdout. "When you have a situation such as John's, that's where the game of football and the business of the NFL conflict and it's very tough," Pennington said. "As a leader I try to lead on the field and work with the guys that are there. I'm pulling for John and I hope everything works out for him and that he does what's right for him. That's what's most important. When he comes back we'll accept him with open arms, and we want him to help us win a championship. That's what I focus on." Abraham has been designated the Jets' franchise player but is looking to land a long-term extension instead.

Don't tell all my friends back at JI I was here, ok? They might call me names.

JI on line 2. Something about your first installment for the premium content being 60 days overdue. I believe the words they used were freeloader and deadbeat.

As a leader I try to lead on the fieldand work with the guys that are there. I'm pulling for John and I hope everything works out for him and that he does what's right for him. That's what's most important. When he comes back we'll accept him with open arms, and we want him to help us win a championship. That's what I focus on."

Anyone see the irony in all this?

Archived