Robertson To Philly for Physical

jetfan718

just saw a report on nfl network that Robertson took a physical with the eagles...possible trade senario?...what would be the compensation from the eagles?

I hope there is a possible trade in the works, but don't the Eagles already have a surplus of DT's? They took one in the first round in 05 and 06

I hope there is a possible trade in the works, but don't the Eagles already have a surplus of DT's?

That's part of it though. Andy Reid and Jim Johnson like to have a plethora of DT's so they rotate them. It's kind of where their blitz pressure originates

as for the eagles picks

#1 - 19

#2 - 49

#3 - 80

#4 -115, 131

#5 - 152

#6 - 184, 191, 200, 203

#7 - 230

That's part of it though. Andy Reid and Jim Johnson like to have a plethora of DT's so they rotate them. It's kind of where their blitz pressure originates

as for the eagles picks

#1 - 19

#2 - 49

#3 - 80

#4 -115, 131

#5 - 152

#6 - 184, 191, 200, 203

#7 - 230

give me one of yer 4's and one of yer 6's, please!

as for the eagles picks

#1 - 19

#2 - 49

#3 - 80

#4 -115, 131

#5 - 152

#6 - 184, 191, 200, 203

#7 - 230

Nice.

If we can get one of their 6th rders, that would give us a lot of flexibility in the draft.

If they gave us both their 4ths, I'd be overjoyed. Also, this should be making Denver and Cincinatti sit up and take notice, they can't just wait for a cut and then go after DRob. At best, they will be in a bidding war with 2 other teams, at worst, they don't even get to bid on DRob after him being cut, since he'll be traded instead.

The Eagles can't comment on Robertson, who is still property of the Jets but became trade bait when New York switched to a 3-4 defensive alignment this off-season and signed Kris Jenkins to play nose tackle.

Good journalism.. yep, we just switched this offseason..hehe

This is excellent news for the Jets.

There is now 3 teams that have made offers for Robertson to the Jets.

Prediticion

One of them is going to cough up a 3rd for him on draft day.

Laugh now, there are only two decent DT in this draft.. When they are gone one of these teams are going to jump

Prediticion

Laugh now, there are only two decent DT in this draft.. When they are gone one of these teams are going to jump

You're probably right. Jets fans are real bitter that Robertson didn't become a world beater. The thing is he is a very good DT and has started for a long time now. Tjere are many 4-3 teams that would love to have him and when Ellis and Dorsey are gone one of those teams will be desperate and a 3rd rounder is likely if the Jets can show that other teams want him. The only problem is that he will need to have negotiated with whatever team it is that is interested because no one is giving up a t3rd to pay him his salary this year. He is worth at least a 3rd.

You're probably right. Jets fans are real bitter that Robertson didn't become a world beater. The thing is he is a very good DT and has started for a long time now. Tjere are many 4-3 teams that would love to have him and when Ellis and Dorsey are gone one of those teams will be desperate and a 3rd rounder is likely if the Jets can show that other teams want him. The only problem is that he will need to have negotiated with whatever team it is that is interested because no one is giving up a t3rd to pay him his salary this year. He is worth at least a 3rd.

There's 3 DT's in this draft that are probably better than Drob.

Dorsey, Ellis, and Balmer. All are projected to go round 1. If by rd 2, either the Bengals, Broncos, Panthers, or Eagles do not have their guy, I wouldnt be surprised if we got some 4th round or higher offers. Or maybe some offers that would be something like a 5th rd this year and another conditional 6th rounder next season or something like that.

There's 3 DT's in this draft that are probably better than Drob.

Dorsey, Ellis, and Balmer. All are projected to go round 1. If by rd 2, either the Bengals, Broncos, Panthers, or Eagles do not have their guy, I wouldnt be surprised if we got some 4th round or higher offers. Or maybe some offers that would be something like a 5th rd this year and another conditional 6th rounder next season or something like that.

You have to slot Robertson ahead of Balmer. Balmer has only had one really good season at UNC and his intensity is an issue. Dorsey has the injury thing (but so does Robertson).

The irony here is that it makes most sense for the Jets to wait until after the first round to trade D-Rob because they can take advantage of the DT shortage in two ways: first, by trading the first round pick for extra picks (if Ellis is there at #6, or at #8 if the Jets have swapped down with BAL) and then by trading D-Rob to whomever didnt score one of the first round DTs.

Prediticion

That'd be damn nice. And really, it's not outside of the realm of possiblility. The going rate for DT's this year was the 3rd and 5th we paid for Jenkins. DRob's not terrible -not even bad- just not worth what the Jets paid for him in picks or dollars.

I have to agree with aec4 on this one. If the talks with Philly are true, I have a gut feeling Lito will be involved in there somewhere.

I don't think so. Lito to the Bengals in a deal for Chad Johnson makes a lot more sense. Lito's worth a lot more than DRob. Including him in any deal would cost the Jets more picks. I don't think they'd want to do that. I'd rather get the third rounder. There'll be solid CB talent in the middle rounds of this draft.

You have to slot Robertson ahead of Balmer. Balmer has only had one really good season at UNC and his intensity is an issue. Dorsey has the injury thing (but so does Robertson).

The irony here is that it makes most sense for the Jets to wait until after the first round to trade D-Rob because they can take advantage of the DT shortage in two ways: first, by trading the first round pick for extra picks (if Ellis is there at #6, or at #8 if the Jets have swapped down with BAL) and then by trading D-Rob to whomever didnt score one of the first round DTs.

Very good job thinking this out. Very plausible indeed.

If the Jets wait, they run the risk of not being able to move him at all

I think the only way the Jets move him, is if his contract is restructured

Can't do that draft day

Obsolutely. But according to sources he already agreeded with a contract with Denver. If this is true there's at lease a basis for what he will except in terms of $$ moving foward.

Archived