Bengals Re-sign Houshmandzadeh

The Troll

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/24394/115

CINCINNATI, Ohio (Ticker) - The Cincinnati Bengals will have one of their key offensive players back in the fold for the next four years.

The Bengals have re-signed receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to a four-year deal, the team announced Wednesday.

The 6-1 Houshmandzadeh had 73 catches - the seventh-most in team history - for 978 yards and four touchdowns in 2004, his fourth in the league.

"T.J.'s signing gives us some of the continuity that leads to improving our team," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said. "T.J. should be commended for his role in the negotiations, and for his commitment to wanting to be a part of the Cincinnati Bengals.

"It was tempting to get out and really test the water as a free agent, but in my heart, what I wanted was to be in Cincinnati," Houshmandzadeh said. "I told my agents that, and we were able to get a good deal done. I'm glad to have it all off my mind so I can start getting focused. I think the Bengals are going to have a great season, and I want to be a part of it."

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/24394/115

CINCINNATI, Ohio (Ticker) - The Cincinnati Bengals will have one of their key offensive players back in the fold for the next four years.

The Bengals have re-signed receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to a four-year deal, the team announced Wednesday.

The 6-1 Houshmandzadeh had 73 catches - the seventh-most in team history - for 978 yards and four touchdowns in 2004, his fourth in the league.

"T.J.'s signing gives us some of the continuity that leads to improving our team," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said. "T.J. should be commended for his role in the negotiations, and for his commitment to wanting to be a part of the Cincinnati Bengals.

"It was tempting to get out and really test the water as a free agent, but in my heart, what I wanted was to be in Cincinnati," Houshmandzadeh said. "I told my agents that, and we were able to get a good deal done. I'm glad to have it all off my mind so I can start getting focused. I think the Bengals are going to have a great season, and I want to be a part of it."

I hope everyone is happy and content with the WR corps we currently have becausewe're not getting better this year through Free Agency. Housh made himself a good decision staying in Cincinnatti - being the #2 behind Chad Johnson makes life that much easier for him.

Another guy taking less to stay at home

WHY????????? ](*,)

Who else was going to offer him the #2 spot and the money he got? Baltimore is out, Raiders got Moss, he'd be #3 for the Jets - maybe Jacksonville would have been interested, but who knows?

Seems that Herm the coach that every player loves ought to be keeping some of his own though, right?

This one hurts me a bit, i thought he'd be an adequate replacement for Plax. What the hell though, i'm soooooooooo used to them drafting a young guy to come in and get a starting job handed to him.

The only problem is those darn young guy mistakes ya have to deal with. :lol:

This one hurts me a bit, i thought he'd be an adequate replacement for Plax. What the hell though, i'm soooooooooo used to them drafting a young guy to come in and get a starting job handed to him.

The only problem is those darn young guy mistakes ya have to deal with. :lol:

Who "yintz" got behind Randell-El?

As stated, Mays. Behind him is a guy named Cobb whom i've heard a few Steelers fans say good things about. Make no mistake about it though, they are lookin' to the draft for a guy to go opposite Hines.

But the key for you guys is that you have a solid corp to start with. Even if Randell-El is your #2 for the season, and your Rook is #3, you're in good shape.

Any truth to the K. Bell to the Giants rumor?

But the key for you guys is that you have a solid corp to start with. Even if Randell-El is your #2 for the season, and your Rook is #3, you're in good shape.

Any truth to the K. Bell to the Giants rumor?

Lotsa truth to it, IMO. In fact, i don't listen to crap talk radio there, i go by more respected Steelers fans and the word i get is that the Giants are trying to land Plax and Bell both. :shock:

Lotsa truth to it, IMO. In fact, i don't listen to crap talk radio there, i go by more respected Steelers fans and the word i get is that the Giants are trying to land Plax and Bell both. :shock:

You guys got someone in mind to plug into Bell's old spot? I know you're a Burress guy, but I don't see why he expects a huge payday. He big, quick, and a good receiver, but he's not that good.

They signed Larry Foote to a 4 year deal recently. He's the Starter since the middle of last season or so. Not great but adequate. I'm not at all happy with losing Bell, trust me.

Burres wants to go to a team that will try and get him the ball more than we did. He probably doesn't deserve the big bux, but this is the watered down NFL and he waited til the top WR's got off the market so he can try to get people to overpay for him IMO.

All i can say is thank gawd for the draft and i like What Cowher and Colbert do on draft day. Otherwise, we're screwed. :lol:

They signed Larry Foote to a 4 year deal recently. He's the Starter since the middle of last season or so. Not great but adequate. I'm not at all happy with losing Bell, trust me.

Burres wants to go to a team that will try and get him the ball more than we did. He probably doesn't deserve the big bux, but this is the watered down NFL and he waited til the top WR's got off the market so he can try to get people to overpay for him IMO.

All i can say is thank gawd for the draft and i like What Cowher and Colbert do on draft day. Otherwise, we're screwed. :lol:

If Bell is out sniffing the greener pastures, he's gone ( based on your teams track record ). At least he's going to the Giants and not the Browns, right? ;)

Burress was the guy I wanted when he came out, but he's been disapointment IMO. I hope to god that our FO does not decide that this is the splash they need to make this off season. I'll support the guy if he's in green and white < for the right price, that is >, but I'm not going to be all that excited about it.

Cowher takes a beating from you guys, but I'd trade him for Herm in a NY minute. He's never won the big one for you guys, but damn if you haven't been able to stay at or near the top for most of his time there.

Yea i agree we can be fickle on Cowher at times. Hey heres a tidbit for ya though, Herm had his boys looking more prepared and relaxed in the PO's than Cowher did, IMO. :wink:

Cowher can spot talented players like a motha when it comes to draft time though! That probably keeps his job.

Easy solution to having Plax on your team, have Chad throw it high and to the outside, i guarantee Plax won't miss any balls! :lol:

Yea i agree we can be fickle on Cowher at times. Hey heres a tidbit for ya though, Herm had his boys looking more prepared and relaxed in the PO's than Cowher did, IMO. :wink:

Cowher can spot talented players like a motha when it comes to draft time though! That probably keeps his job.

Easy solution to having Plax on your team, have Chad throw it high and to the outside, i guarantee Plax won't miss any balls! :lol:

I think you're giving Herm a bit too much credit - our D gave us the chance to win that game, and Donnie Henderson runs them as he wants. I think he's gonna be a great HC when he gets his shot.

Cowher is a good judge of talent AND he gets his players to buy into his concept of team.

Great, just what the Jets need - Another WR looking for the sideline. :cry: I don't see PB with the Jets anyway...

Archived