Vernon Gholston Aka Bust

Favorite_Toon

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=518&player=50

One guy was the second leading rusher in history in the toughest conference in College Football. The other had TWO TACKLES AGAINST AKRON and thirty seven tackles FOR THE WHOLE SEASON (thats about 2.8 tackles a game)

I think this deserved its own thread...good Find GL

I don't think he'll be a bust, but i'd rather have Mcfadden!

I know this is another part of your bull**** PR campaign, but I'll answer you seriously anyway. The problem with this is that tackle stats are notoriously inconsistent. I specifically saw articles claiming he had five or more tackles against Wisconsin. They can also be misleading. Do you think Tressel might have pulled Gholston early in that drubbing against Akron?

Gholston set the school record with 14 sacks in 2007 and had 22.5 sacks over his career at Ohio State. He makes plays against the run as well as he had 15.5 tackles for loss amounting 113 lost yards for the opposition and held opponents to

Both Gholston and McFadden have major bust potential. They're both high risk/high reward kinda guys. Pick your flavor.

I think DMC is the safer pick. Give him a good O-line and with his speed and quickness he'll be good in the NFL.

I like Gholston too but DE's have a higher bust rate than RB's. Granted they are more valuable.

Gholston is a bust, the fact that he is no where to be found most of the time just proves how you should consider him. Why would we want this guy? McFadden hands down should be our pick, and if he isn't on the board, and Gholston is, we should trade out of the position. He won't be that good.

Gholston is a bust, the fact that he is no where to be found most of the time just proves how you should consider him. Why would we want this guy? McFadden hands down should be our pick, and if he isn't on the board, and Gholston is, we should trade out of the position. He won't be that good.

Yeah, ok. I dont know what your watching?

Apparently I am not the only one who says Gholston will disappear from time to time. If a player disappears so often, how is that worth the #6 pick in the draft? The guy is a bust, for sure.

How is running through a hole that a dump truck could drive through, never breaking a tackle or putting his head down, except to "stiff" arm a smaller defender, worth a #6?

And you didn't say he doesn't show up from time to tme. You said he couldn't be found!

And your right, he may not be worth the #6 pick! The Fish might take him at #1!!

Apparently I am not the only one who says Gholston will disappear from time to time. If a player disappears so often, how is that worth the #6 pick in the draft? The guy is a bust, for sure.

Most of the time? So often? Time to time? Which it it? Did you watch the guy play? I saw him play a few games and he looks like an absolute monster. True the Michigan game was probably his best game, but still... You can like DMC better, that's fine. You can think the guy will be a bust. Just refrain from telling me that the I have to listen to you because you read somewhere that the guy disappears.

What are your credentials? Do you use Mel Kiper's barber? Did you watch all of Gholston's games or just check the stat sheet provided by the other DMC fan club members? The guy is a consensus top 10 pick. Probably top 5 and even if you are one of the guys that thinks he shot up recently he has always been considered a top half of the first round guy. That means that you don't know **** about if the guy will be a bust because if he was "a bust for sure" nobody would want him, would they? If that's true I guess we won't be able to trade down.

Most of the time? So often? Time to time? Which it it? Did you watch the guy play? I saw him play a few games and he looks like an absolute monster. True the Michigan game was probably his best game, but still... You can like DMC better, that's fine. You can think the guy will be a bust. Just refrain from telling me that the I have to listen to you because you read somewhere that the guy disappears.

What are your credentials? Do you use Mel Kiper's barber? Did you watch all of Gholston's games or just check the stat sheet provided by the other DMC fan club members? The guy is a consensus top 10 pick. Probably top 5 and even if you are one of the guys that thinks he shot up recently he has always been considered a top half of the first round guy. That means that you don't know **** about if the guy will be a bust because if he was "a bust for sure" nobody would want him, would they? If that's true I guess we won't be able to trade down.

I don't recall me saying that you had to listen to me. A message board is a place to give your opinions, so I am giving mine. You need to chill out, and learn how to control your temper, dude.

How is running through a hole that a dump truck could drive through, never breaking a tackle or putting his head down, except to "stiff" arm a smaller defender, worth a #6?

And you didn't say he doesn't show up from time to tme. You said he couldn't be found!

And your right, he may not be worth the #6 pick! The Fish might take him at #1!!

If the dolphins were to select a defensive player It should be either Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey, they would be stupid otherwise. If they wanted to take Gholston so badly they should trade out of their position to around 4 or 5. They could get more players, because 1 player isn't going to fix the problem down in Miami, unless it's someone of Peyton Manning potential, and there is no player near his potential in this draft.

Yeah, ok. I dont know what your watching?

LOOK AT THE FCKING STATS!!! THEY DONT LIE!!! TRUST ME BRO IF MCFADDEN HAD STATS LIKE THAT YOU WOULD BE ALL OVER IT!!! ALL WE HAD TO HEAR IS ABOUT HIS TWIGGY LEGS AND THAT OTHER BULL****...

BUT THIS IS STATS!!! THEY DONT LIE!

This is madness?? This is fact!! we posted the stats... why because everyone that loooooves gholston cant take the truth?

ITs FACT and it is Jet Related..

Madness!?

MADNESS!?

THIS IS SPARTA!!

LOOK AT THE FCKING STATS!!! THEY DONT LIE!!! TRUST ME BRO IF MCFADDEN HAD STATS LIKE THAT YOU WOULD BE ALL OVER IT!!! ALL WE HAD TO HEAR IS ABOUT HIS TWIGGY LEGS AND THAT OTHER BULL****...

First of all, I wouldn't even mind if the Jets picked McFadden. Even with Gholston on the board. I don't like his running style, but he obviously has some special physical ability. OTOH, if you looked into what Gholston has done you would see that he also has phenomenal stats.

If you knew anything about football you'd know that stats do lie. Particularly tackle stats. If stats don't lie, why wasn't Archie Griffin the greatest running back of all time? Why did Andre Ware blow donkeys in the NFL? David Ball bested Jerry Rice's records and he is an UDFA that bounced around the league and spent a good part of his rookie season on our inactive list.

STATS? Who gives a **** about stats! If you look at the stats then Brad Smith is a better player then DMC!!! I never said anything about his "twiggy" legs! Just every time I've seen him play, including your cute little made up youtube infomercials!(not by you, but ofcours his press agent, unless that is you) he hasn't shown me jack ****!! another gimmick player, who is suppose to dominate the league! Well I am NOT buying it! If he broke tackles and ran OVER people like AP. THEN I'd be imprssed! But he does NOT!!!! so live with it! Until he can prove something on the next level, in which case he'd haveto become a totally different runner, THEN, I'll back you up! Speed ALONE does NOT make a player! If so ther would be ALOT more speedsters in the HOF!! Name 1 "speed" back that is? Cause that is ll DMC is, SPEED!!!!

Madness!?

MADNESS!?

THIS IS SPARTA!!

I don't "love" Gholston! Not the way you "love" DMC! At #6, I don't think ANY of these players are worth a#6! But, we have to make the pick. and by who is gonna be there, if Gholston is available, he's the guy. He fits the system, and need. If we "must" take a rb, it's a deep draft, we can take one in rd 2 or 3 (Robrtson trade?) I agree with you that Jones is getting "old". But he till has 2 yrs left, atleast.

I don't "love" Gholston! Not the way you "love" DMC! At #6, I don't think ANY of these players are worth a#6! But, we have to make the pick. and by who is gonna be there, if Gholston is available, he's the guy. He fits the system, and need. If we "must" take a rb, it's a deep draft, we can take one in rd 2 or 3 (Robrtson trade?) I agree with you that Jones is getting "old". But he till has 2 yrs left, atleast.

I love that you quoted my post to reply too. I thought that was hysterical. Well played, sir.

If Gholston is there at #6 and the Jets don't take him, here is a little prediction. The Pats will take him at #7. Good luck keeping this bust off of whoever the Jet QB is twice a year for the next 10 years.

Exactly.

Archived