Those Robinson Cano

GimmeShelter

A-rod's a better player than Wright, but the gap between Wright and A-rod is not nearly as wide as Wright and Canoe.

The gap between Wright and the guy who may go down as the best player of all time is closer than the gap between Wright and Cano ? Oh man that is laughable.

So where will Wright finish in the ranking of all time greats? Top 5 I guess. :rl:

Seriously. A GimmeABreak thread.

I never compared Wright to ARod sport. I never knock ARod either as Yankee fans have done a good enough job with that on their own. Yankee fans (some) made the comparison a month or so back between Cano and Wright with a couple of our younger posters actually saying Cano was more valuable.

Can't really use April of this year as the only measuring stick...they are both great young players and I will (as a yankee fan) give Wright the edge thus far but they are still way too young to be saying definitively who will be better. I think Cano has more potential than Wright offensively because he has such raw talent but lacks plate discipline...once/if that comes in the guy will be a contender for the batting title every year.

David Wright comparisons aren't off to such a good start. At least Cano plays that almighty, more valuable 2B position.;)

lol

look at how DW started off LAST april (0 HR for crying out loud). **** happens.

Cano will get his hits.

A-rod's a better player than Wright, but the gap between Wright and A-rod is not nearly as wide as Wright and Canoe.

A-rod: 3 time MVP and #15 all time on the career HR list; if he retired today he's in the HOF first ballot.

David Wright: a top 5 MVP candidate in the MLB Developement League, maybe a future Scott Rolen but a little better on O and less talent on D.

The stretch between Sanity and Zeebers is farther than ANY distance discussed in this thread ;)

I could be insane, i won't argue that point. But the same goes, for Yankee homers on this board harping on Cano's ceiling and Wright's Ceiling. They are both the same age, as a matter of face Wright is a couple of month younger. So base on what, would we suggest Cano is going to get better and Wright would not.

People develop at different speeds and the people who like cano are merely suggesting that cano does not have the plate discipline that other great hitters have and that it is something that can be taught. If he learns this it is possible for Cano to hit .350 consistently for the rest of his career. .340 22hrs and 90rbi's a year is a beautiful thing from a second baseman.

People for Cano also cite the fact that you generally get more production out of a third baseman and that a hard-hitting third baseman isn't really that big of a deal. It is what is expected. Even if Wright is better than average he isn't the top at his position. People are saying that they would rather take Cano and A-rod or Cano and Miggy than Wright and whomever the mets have a second. Baseball is a team sport and it's not about what individual is more talented but which individual is better for your team. Would you rather have A-rod and Cano or Wright and Castillo/Easley? People are saying they would rather have the increased produtcion from 2nd because it is easier to find David Wright like production out of third.

This thread has been approved by the "Phil Hughes has HOF kinda stuff" coalition.

It is a long season, Scott. some teams/players have swoons in April, and other teams/players have repetitive choke swoons in September. ;)

Time will tell.

Redsox fans ar the worst of the bunch so STFU

1). You post that most Mets fans are pathetic.

2). I respond with a post saying younger Yankees fans are pathetic.

3). You post that Red Sox fans are the worst of the bunch.

Can you please admit that the younger Yankees fans are giving fans like you a bad name.

1). You post that most Mets fans are pathetic.

2). I respond with a post saying younger Yankees fans are pathetic.

3). You post that Red Sox fans are the worst of the bunch.

Can you please admit that the younger Yankees fans are giving fans like you a bad name.

I can once you admit Redsox fans are worse than all of them.

How are Red Sox fans pathetic?

They think that young red socks fans are any better than young yankee fans. At least we realize our young fans are morons. Because they are young, not because of the team the root for. The team they root for has nothing to do with it.

They think that young red socks fans are any better than young yankee fans. At least we realize our young fans are morons. Because they are young, not because of the team the root for. The team they root for has nothing to do with it.

Young Red Sox fans don't post on JN. Nice try.

Young Red Sox fans don't post on JN. Nice try.

This is an irrelevant statement. There is a whole world outside of Jetnation. Also, I'm not so sure about that. There are some Red Sock fans whose age and maturity I would question.

Archived