Farnsworth to be suspended........

JonEJet

Why exactly is Peter Gammons on ESPN anyway? Steve Phillips too. If those two hate New York so much, why don't they just leave ESPN and go work for NESN.

Anyway, on to the subject, So apparently Aardsma is allowed to hit our best player, but Farnsworth is not allowed to hit their best player. There must be a hidden rule book somewhere, where it says no Yankees shall ever hit Red Sox players.

Why exactly is Peter Gammons on ESPN anyway? Steve Phillips too. If those two hate New York so much, why don't they just leave ESPN and go work for NESN.

Anyway, on to the subject, So apparently Aardsma is allowed to hit our best player, but Farnsworth is not allowed to hit their best player. There must be a hidden rule book somewhere, where it says no Yankees shall ever hit Red Sox players.

Its because he wasnt ridiculed by Gammons or Phillips. I hate the both of them

Its because he wasnt ridiculed by Gammons or Phillips. I hate the both of them

One is old and stupid and has no business talking about Yankee-Red Sox games, because he has an obvious bias. The other, Phillips is just plain retarded, and is too dumb to have serious sports conversations.

New Yorkers, both Mets, and Yankees fans hate Phillips because they treat him like the idiot he really is. He made so many dumb moves that screwed the Mets over, I know he didn't do the Kazmir trade, but didn't he do the Bannister trade? Yankee fans hate him, because all he does his flap his gums over and over again, and he'll never admit he was wrong, just like last season when he said the Mariners would win the Wild Card, and the Yankees wouldn't make the playoffs. Good call as usual, Phillips.

he did the kazmir trade, he talks about it on ESPN frequently

Isn't the person who hands out fines and punishment a Yankees boy Bob Watson? Just curious.

You have to be kidding to say writers have an influence on anything.

I agree they did this as a favor to the Yankees. Getting Kyle out of the pen for 3 days will help them put together a winning streak!

:)

3 games per the Daily News

What a joke

Just shows how much influence ESPN and Gammons with his Red Sawx pom poms has.

Even Manny wasn't pissed.....but 'ol Petey gets his way

I hate that bastard

Its a conspiracy I tell ya. Bud Selig doesn't call the shots, Peter Gammons does.

Isn't the person who hands out fines and punishment a Yankees boy Bob Watson? Just curious.

You have to be kidding to say writers have an influence on anything.

Agree with you there. I do think it's a joke he got suspended. Where was MLB when Pedro was hitting Yankees left and right (not NOT hitting them)?

I can't really complain though. Gets Farnsworth out for a few days. :P

Agree with you there. I do think it's a joke he got suspended. Where was MLB when Pedro was hitting Yankees left and right (not NOT hitting them)?

I can't really complain though. Gets Farnsworth out for a few days. :P

Farnsworth is pretty much only good when you want to throw at someone. You know they wouldn't want to fight him, because they all know what would happen when you try going after Farns. It's not a good situation for the guy trying to attack him.

New Yorkers, both Mets, and Yankees fans hate Phillips because they treat him like the idiot he really is. He made so many dumb moves that screwed the Mets over, I know he didn't do the Kazmir trade, but didn't he do the Bannister trade? Yankee fans hate him, because all he does his flap his gums over and over again, and he'll never admit he was wrong, just like last season when he said the Mariners would win the Wild Card, and the Yankees wouldn't make the playoffs. Good call as usual, Phillips.

Duquette was in charge when the Kazmir trade happened. Omar traded Bannister for nothing. So no, those trades are not on Phillips.

Duquette was in charge when the Kazmir trade happened. Omar traded Bannister for nothing. So no, those trades are not on Phillips.

I knew the Kazmir trade wasn't on Phillips. Phillips was still a retard though. It's beyond me how that guy is working for ESPN, although he kind of fits in with ESPN though, everyone is stupid there, so yeah, Phillips fits in well with espn.

Don't you realize anyone who disagrees with the Yank POV is either an A-hole or a worthless POS. Don't you realize this, its only JetNation forum 101.

The Yankee Homerism and occcassional self-righteousness on the board can be annoying at times, but I also recognize that this is a New York-based messageboard. Obviously there are going to be a lot of Yanks fans on here. Your not going to see a Jet board dominated by Mariners fans.

With the exception of a few people, most Yanks fans here have a good knowledge of the sport, and I enjoy talking baseball with them. I've yet to have anyone here call me a POS for being a Tigers fan, and most of them were nothing but congratulatory when the Tigers upset the Yanks in 06. I would venture to guess most who visit the board don't mind me having an opposing opinion because I have a logical argument rather than just attacking them for it. I would expect them to do the same to anything I put up there.

The Yankee Homerism and occcassional self-righteousness on the board can be annoying at times, but I also recognize that this is a New York-based messageboard. Obviously there are going to be a lot of Yanks fans on here. Your not going to see a Jet board dominated by Mariners fans.

With the exception of a few people, most Yanks fans here have a good knowledge of the sport, and I enjoy talking baseball with them. I've yet to have anyone here call me a POS for being a Tigers fan, and most of them were nothing but congratulatory when the Tigers upset the Yanks in 06. I would venture to guess most who visit the board don't mind me having an opposing opinion because I have a logical argument rather than just attacking them for it. I would expect them to do the same to anything I put up there.

Exactly. Good fans of opposing teams will find good interaction here. Whiny-ass Yankees haters will reap what they sow.

Well said Mav. Opposing POV's keep one honest.

Exactly. Good fans of opposing teams will find good interaction here. Whiny-ass Yankees haters will reap what they sow.

Whiny-ass Red Sox haters will reap what they sow as well.

You are not one of those fans Bob. Why does every fanbase have a vocal minority that ruins it for the rest of us?

Don't you realize anyone who disagrees with the Yank POV is either an A-hole or a worthless POS. Don't you realize this, its only JetNation forum 101.

It isn't the opinion, it in the context in which the opinion is presented that is met with hostility. You should wonder why it is you who can't get along when so many others can. Perhaps the trouble isn't with the others.

It isn't the opinion, it in the context in which the opinion is presented that is met with hostility. You should wonder why it is you who can't get along when so many others can. Perhaps the trouble isn't with the others.

I can see where you are coming from, kind of. I'll save you the time to go back 3 pages to read what was posted:

3 games per the Daily News

What a joke

Just shows how much influence ESPN and Gammons with his Red Sawx pom poms has.

Even Manny wasn't pissed.....but 'ol Petey gets his way

I hate that bastard

A Yankees fan states that ESPN & Peter Gammons influenced MLB in the Farnsworth suspension.

To go with JonE's conspiracy theory I will point out that ESPN is located in Bristol, Connecticut.

There are no Yankees fans in Connecticut right?

ESPN does have influence on some things in sports. They shove Duke B-ball down your throat. I wont say Gammons had influenece on the decision made for a suspension, but he shouldnt be reporting for Baseball if he shows favortism towards one team. Its biased.

ESPN does have influence on some things in sports. They shove Duke B-ball down your throat. I wont say Gammons had influenece on the decision made for a suspension, but he shouldnt be reporting for Baseball if he shows favortism towards one team. Its biased.

So Merril Hoge (Steelers Homer), Mike Greenburg (Jets Homer), Steven Phillips (ex-Mets GM), etc should be fired from ESPN for being homers?

I can see where you are coming from, kind of. I'll save you the time to go back 3 pages to read what was posted:

A Yankees fan states that ESPN & Peter Gammons influenced MLB in the Farnsworth suspension.

To go with JonE's conspiracy theory I will point out that ESPN is located in Bristol, Connecticut.

There are no Yankees fans in Connecticut right?

I know who the Yankee homers are and I take their posts with a grain of salt. I am fully aware that espn doesn't have decision making process in suspensions. The only thing ESPN can do is blow something out of proportion and create a bad public relations situation if the MLB doesn't act; But, I doubt even espn has that much clout.

So Merril Hoge (Steelers Homer), Mike Greenburg (Jets Homer), Steven Phillips (ex-Mets GM), etc should be fired from ESPN for being homers?

they shouldnt be allowed to tout their team on air. And add Red Sox Homer Eric Casilas to the list as well. And USC for Colin Cowherd

they shouldnt be allowed to tout their team on air. And add Red Sox Homer Eric Casilas to the list as well. And USC for Colin Cowherd

If the Red Sox sucked would you give a crap what Gammons says?

Please tell me how Eric Casilas is a Red Sox homer?

He is always talking up the Sox. Every time I hear him on the radio hementions I will only root for the Red Sox. I am a card carrying member of Red Sox Nation. Thats how.

I dont htink anyone who is on the radio or TV should tout for their favorite team especially in a nation wode broadcast. IF you want that job, go work for your local news show.

Archived