"Puke Boy" does it again!

I have never seen a bigger choker in baseball than Tom Gordon. Last year, he was puking in the bullpen during the ALCS against the RedSox. The guy is mental mash potatoes. Did you see his face last night when he came in to face Vlad. It looked like he was going to shat' his pants. The guy is joke.

#-o

I can't put this one on Gordon. I put it on the two stiffs who loaded the bases before he got there and the manager who ran them out there.

Yup, can't blame the guy who actually threw the pitch.

I blame the architects. They should have made the wall farther away.

The truth of the matter is that the yank bullpen is made up of minor league arms trying to compete at the major league level. Who is Buddy groom? Franklin got demoted...but he wasn't the sole problem. Gordon and Rivera are the only worthy bullpen arms you have and you can't have them pitch every night w/o blowing out there arms. The sad part is that you guys hit 4 hrs and lost. Its up to cashman to get some quality bullpen arms in there...or it will be a long summer.

LL

What do you expect from a team whose postgame spread is catered by Meals on WHeels?

This is pretty simple.... if the Spankees score 8 runs, they win. If they score 5 or less, they lose. They're old, slow, and horrible defensively in a lot of spots.

Not a formula for a winning team.

Jim P.

What do you expect from a team whose postgame spread is catered by Meals on WHeels?

This is pretty simple.... if the Spankees score 8 runs, they win. If they score 5 or less, they lose. They're old, slow, and horrible defensively in a lot of spots.

Not a formula for a winning team.

Jim P.

the best part about Flash choking last year was the fact that he was chirping after game 3. Among the bulletin board gems that came from the Yankee reliever:

"We expect to win all the time, they play like they expect to lose"

and

"Theyre walking around now with no confidence, basically going through the motions...like they always do"

I can see him talking all this noise if he were on the Yankee teams that won something. What makes this more egregious is that he was a key contributor to the Red Sox postseason chokejobs. Now he finally figured out how to help Boston win a World Series...by pitching against them!!!

the best part about Flash choking last year was the fact that he was chirping after game 3. Among the bulletin board gems that came from the Yankee reliever:

"We expect to win all the time, they play like they expect to lose"

and

"Theyre walking around now with no confidence, basically going through the motions...like they always do"

I can see him talking all this noise if he were on the Yankee teams that won something. What makes this more egregious is that he was a key contributor to the Red Sox postseason chokejobs. Now he finally figured out how to help Boston win a World Series...by pitching against them!!!

Face the facts....everyhting he said was dead on the money up till game 4...in fact he is talking about the sox...who have been going thru the motions since 1986...who are you kidding?

He's dead right....every MLB has said this about the dreadfull sox at some point.

I love how you take a simple little thing and turn into a Yankee smashing.

Flash is better then 3/4 of your bullpen...

1 world series title doesn't wash away almost a century of failure...sorry Blowhard....it's just doesn't fly.

Face the facts....everyhting he said was dead on the money up till game 4...in fact he is talking about the sox...who have been going thru the motions since 1986...who are you kidding?

He's dead right....every MLB has said this about the dreadfull sox at some point.

I love how you take a simple little thing and turn into a Yankee smashing.

Flash is better then 3/4 of your bullpen...

1 world series title doesn't wash away almost a century of failure...sorry Blowhard....it's just doesn't fly.

A decade? Try 4 score and 6 years.

1. Chirping is always bad in all sports...especially before the task is complete! I still want to strangle Ricky Proehl for that "The dynasty begins tonight" comment before the Super Bowl."

2. Is chirping like that of Flash Gordon really the "Yankee way" of conducting business? I hear so much about the professional clubhouse Joe Torre runs and all...but c'mon, bulletin board material??? From Gordon no less? And youre gonna defend him?

Wait, I thought I was the blind homer!?!?!?!?!

Archived