The Official NBA Playoff Thread

Gainzo

I'm a day late and a dollar short but here we go.

The West:

I expect the Spurs/Suns to go 7 based on yesterdays game and what happened last year.

The Jazz are a much better team than the Rockets.

I expect the other series to go to the higher seeds.

The East:

Is a mess. The Celtics should win but who knows?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if the Pistons were to lose to the Sixers, I could expect a Magic-Celtics eastern conference finals. Round 2 matchups would be Celtics-Sixers, and Magic-Cavs/Wizards. As a Magic fan, I am not afraid of the Celtics. More afraid of Detroit, because they obviously own the magic, Celtics just do not scare me, I think Orlando matches up good against them.

Go Orlando!

Maybe if the Pistons were to lose to the Sixers, I could expect a Magic-Celtics eastern conference finals. Round 2 matchups would be Celtics-Sixers, and Magic-Cavs/Wizards. As a Magic fan, I am not afraid of the Celtics. More afraid of Detroit, because they obviously own the magic, Celtics just do not scare me, I think Orlando matches up good against them.

Go Orlando!

The Celtics and Magic played 3 times this year:

104-102 @ Orlando. Magic win.

103-91 @ Boston. Celtics win.

96-93 @ Orlando. Magic win.

The Magic win by a combined 5 points in their two home games, the Celtics win by 12 in Boston, and you are not afraid of the Celtics?

If the Celtics and Magic meet in the playoffs who will have home court advantage?

The Magic win by a combined 5 points in their two home games, the Celtics win by 12 in Boston, and you are not afraid of the Celtics?

If the Celtics and Magic meet in the playoffs who will have home court advantage?

I am sorry, but nothing you say will make me afraid of the 2005 Miami Heat, whoops, I mean 2008 Boston Celtics.

WTF does that mean? Did the Magic win a playoff series in 2005 or something?

If you don't know what it means, then I question your intelligence of the game of basketball. I am guessing you became a fan of the Celtics again the day they got Garnett in a Celtics jersey.

Also, error, I meant 2005-2006 Miami Heat = 2007-2008 Boston Celtics. Which means, to explain it for you. In a couple of seasons, the Boston Celtics will be just like the 2007-2008 Miami Heat.

edit: One huge difference between the 05-06 Heat and the 07-08 Celtics. The Heat had a coach with a good basketball IQ, while the Celtics coach, who knows if their coach knows what 5+5 is.

If you don't know what it means, then I question your intelligence of the game of basketball. I am guessing you became a fan of the Celtics again the day they got Garnett in a Celtics jersey.

Also, error, I meant 2005-2006 Miami Heat = 2007-2008 Boston Celtics. Which means, to explain it for you. In a couple of seasons, the Boston Celtics will be just like the 2007-2008 Miami Heat.

edit: One huge difference between the 05-06 Heat and the 07-08 Celtics. The Heat had a coach with a good basketball IQ, while the Celtics coach, who knows if their coach knows what 5+5 is.

According to you the Celtics will win the NBA title. Sweet.

That is the worst "argument" I have ever seen. I thought the Magic were going to win it all?

Home court won't matter much.

Orlando won 27 games on the road this year.

But this debate is moot until both teams get to that scenario.

According to you the Celtics will win the NBA title. Sweet.

That is the worst "argument" I have ever seen. I thought the Magic were going to win it all?

The Magic have a valid chance of winning the East IF, they don't have to face the Detroit Pistons in a series. Like I said, I am not afraid of your team, the Magic play well against them. The win results may have only been a difference of 5 points, but in both of their wins the Magic dominated the whole game. They may have let up, but they got the most important stat, the W.

Notice he didn't deny that I basically called him a bandwagon Celtics fan. Probably didn't even watch them once last season. While I have been watching Orlando Magic basketball for as long as I can remember. From Reggie Theaus, to Scott Skiles, to the mid 90's of Shaq, and Penny, to T-Mac, to that very disgusting season before getting Dwight. The bad trades of getting Steve Francis, the good trades of getting rid of Steve Francis, I have always been there, I doubt you could say that. You probably only watched the Celtics when they were winning non stop.

The Magic have a valid chance of winning the East IF, they don't have to face the Detroit Pistons in a series. Like I said, I am not afraid of your team, the Magic play well against them. The win results may have only been a difference of 5 points, but in both of their wins the Magic dominated the whole game. They may have let up, but they got the most important stat, the W.

Notice he didn't deny that I basically called him a bandwagon Celtics fan. Probably didn't even watch them once last season. While I have been watching Orlando Magic basketball for as long as I can remember. From Reggie Theaus, to Scott Skiles, to the mid 90's of Shaq, and Penny, to T-Mac, to that very disgusting season before getting Dwight. The bad trades of getting Steve Francis, the good trades of getting rid of Steve Francis, I have always been there, I doubt you could say that. You probably only watched the Celtics when they were winning non stop.

Are you retarded? You quoted my post you idiot.

Are you retarded? You quoted my post you idiot.

Notice how since he is being proved wrong, he has to result to insulting people. You'll get really far in life with that, dude. Sorry, that I think the Orlando Magic can take on the Boston Celtics.

PS: Too bad when Howard had the chance, he didn't connect with Rondo's head.

Notice how since he is being proved wrong, he has to result to insulting people. You'll get really far in life with that, dude. Sorry, that I think the Orlando Magic can take on the Boston Celtics.

PS: Too bad when Howard had the chance, he didn't connect with Rondo's head.

How was I "proved wrong?" Please tell me.

How was I "proved wrong?" Please tell me.

The Magic beat the Celtics 2 out of 3 times. You bring up a meaningless stat line that the Magic have only beaten the Celtics by 5 points in their two wins, and in the Celtics win, they won by 13. Which I don't honestly see why it matters, the Magic got the most important stat, the W. If the Magic win 4 games, by a combined total of 8 points, and the Celtics would win 3 games by a total of 70 points. I guess the Celtics win the series then, because according to you, the point margin matters.

The fact that he's from Boston, and likes the Sox, Pats, and Bruins leads me to believe he didn't jump on the wagon this year with the C's.

Hey we all go through it.

Every franchise has it's down years, and when they show that championship material after years of rebuilding it's very, very exciting.

What JCB forgets is that I didn't have much to post about over the last few years.

Should I have started a thread that said "Paul Pierce scores 40 but Celtics lose?"

What JCB forgets is that I didn't have much to post about over the last few years.

Should I have started a thread that said "Paul Pierce scores 40 but Celtics lose?"

The first two seasons with Dwight Howard where the Magic had 36 wins for two straight seasons and didn't make the postseason, I never stopped mentioning how the Magic had one of the up and coming centers who will dominate the league soon.

Well, wait, maybe you got me there, your team never had a young player who could potentially dominate the league, your team had to buy Garnett, and Ray Allen to go from 20+ wins to 60+ wins. Although I admit, we overpaid for Rashard Lewis, we still have a player like Dwight that we developed. Have fun sucking in a couple of seasons when Garnett is old just like Shaq.

The first two seasons with Dwight Howard where the Magic had 36 wins for two straight seasons and didn't make the postseason, I never stopped mentioning how the Magic had one of the up and coming centers who will dominate the league soon.

Well, wait, maybe you got me there, your team never had a young player who could potentially dominate the league, your team had to buy Garnett, and Ray Allen to go from 20+ wins to 60+ wins. Although I admit, we overpaid for Rashard Lewis, we still have a player like Dwight that we developed. Have fun sucking in a couple of seasons when Garnett is old just like Shaq.

Uhh..ever heard of Al Jefferson?

Both trades for KG and Ray were legit.

The Celtics gave up the 5th overall pick for Allen, who still has that stroke, but cant be expected to play many more seasons.

That's a BOLD move, and proves the C's want to win now. There's a salary cap in basketball..there is no "buying" anything.

I guess you are a better fan than me. Good for you.

What are your teams? Mine are the Pats, Celtics, Sox and Bruins.

I guess you are a better fan than me. Good for you.

What are your teams? Mine are the Pats, Celtics, Sox and Bruins.

Yankees, Jets, Magic. The reason for Orlando was because the Magic were the first sports team I ever liked, I grew up in Florida, so I had my reasons to like them. I was a fan of the Magic way before I even cared for football, or baseball. I wouldn't just switch and be a Knicks fan, because my parents are fans of them, hell I didn't even ditch the Magic when they let Shaq leave, probably that was the worst moment for me as a sports fan ever.

Hockey, I never really got into until recently, I have a couple of favorite players. Right now my current favorite player is Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers, so I guess you can say I am kind of rooting for Philadelphia, I honestly could care less though.

Yankees, Jets, Magic. The reason for Orlando was because the Magic were the first sports team I ever liked, I grew up in Florida, so I had my reasons to like them. I was a fan of the Magic way before I even cared for football, or baseball. I wouldn't just switch and be a Knicks fan, because my parents are fans of them, hell I didn't even ditch the Magic when they let Shaq leave, probably that was the worst moment for me as a sports fan ever.

Hockey, I never really got into until recently, I have a couple of favorite players. Right now my current favorite player is Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers, so I guess you can say I am kind of rooting for Philadelphia, I honestly could care less though.

That's cool, just don't call me a bandwagon fan.

That's cool as well, just don't take the Orlando Magic lightly, we aren't as weak as the analyst in sports make us out to be.

The "analysts" mean nothing.

I was all over your posts because you have been saying that the Celtics suck.

Archived