The Official NBA Playoff Thread

Gainzo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the Celtics suck. I never said that. In fact, check out the predictions thread, they are the only team I predicted to sweep their first round opponent.

You made this statement:

I just don't see how KG has a better chance then someone like Kobe Bryant. KG just isn't that good, in fact he sucks.

You made this statement:

I basically meant that KG sucks compared to Dwight Howard. I don't think I am wrong for saying that, I think it's true. I never said the Celtics as a team sucks though. They just won 66 games. Potentially sweeping a team even as bad as the Hawks, there is no way a team sucks if they do that. I just don't think I am wrong for saying that Dwight Howard is better than KG, and is far more deserving of the MVP, although it's not like it matters, neither will be getting it.

I basically meant that KG sucks compared to Dwight Howard. I don't think I am wrong for saying that, I think it's true. I never said the Celtics as a team sucks though. They just won 66 games. Potentially sweeping a team even as bad as the Hawks, there is no way a team sucks if they do that. I just don't think I am wrong for saying that Dwight Howard is better than KG, and is far more deserving of the MVP, although it's not like it matters, neither will be getting it.

I've got Dwight posters, autographs, and jerseys and can tell you right now KG does not "suck" compared to Dwight. Dwight will have his turn..but this league belongs to KG..and has for some time.

KG does things Dwight can't, and vice versa.

That being said..I'm hoping for a Dwight, KG matchup in these playoffs..because the new dominant up and coming big man can solidify his place in this league.

I've got Dwight posters, autographs, and jerseys and can tell you right now KG does not "suck" compared to Dwight. Dwight will have his turn..but this league belongs to KG..and has for some time.

KG does things Dwight can't, and vice versa.

That being said..I'm hoping for a Dwight, KG matchup in these playoffs..because the new dominant up and coming big man can solidify his place in this league.

Belongs to KG? When has this league ever belonged to KG? If this league ever belonged to anybody, it belongs to Shaq. He has dominated this league for the past 15 years. He has a total of 4 rings.

Now tell me, Kevin Garnett, long time all star, how many rings does he exactly have? How good is his post season resume? If you ask me, Kevin Garnett is the Alex Rodriguez of Basketball.

Hell, I would say this league belongs to Tim Duncan, before I would ever say it belonged to Garnett. Duncan has the hardware.

Belongs to KG? When has this league ever belonged to KG? If this league ever belonged to anybody, it belongs to Shaq. He has dominated this league for the past 15 years. He has a total of 4 rings.

Now tell me, Kevin Garnett, long time all star, how many rings does he exactly have? How good is his post season resume? If you ask me, Kevin Garnett is the Alex Rodriguez of Basketball.

Hell, I would say this league belongs to Tim Duncan, before I would ever say it belonged to Garnett. Duncan has the hardware.

You need rings for a legacy.

You don't need them to dominate.

Look up some stats.

Very impressive win by Philly. Who plays on that team? Maurice Cheeks should win coach of the year.

I can't name a 76er!

I'm with you on Cheeks for Coach of the Year. Everyone is talking about Byron Scott in New Orleans and Doc Rivers in Boston. The Hornets and Celtics have some great players. Philly? Not so much.

I can't name a 76er!

I'm with you on Cheeks for Coach of the Year. Everyone is talking about Byron Scott in New Orleans and Doc Rivers in Boston. The Hornets and Celtics have some great players. Philly? Not so much.

You can't name Andre Iguedola (or however his last name is spelt)? Samuel Dalembert? Is he stilll on Philly? C'mon Gainzo, up your NBA knowledge. ;)

Impressive win by the 76ers but there is no way they'll beat the Pistons 4 out of 7 games.

Interesting stat to see here, 83% of the teams who win game 1 end up winning the series. I can't see that happening here at all.

You can't name Andre Iguedola (or however his last name is spelt)? Samuel Dalembert? Is he stilll on Philly? C'mon Gainzo, up your NBA knowledge. ;)

Word.

Iguodala. Andre Miller. Delembert. Reggie Evans. William Green. Louis Williams.

All solid players..with Andre Miller being one of the most underrated points in the league.

I can't name a 76er!

Dalembert is a good defensive center but it's not like he's Ben Wallace in his prime, Reggie Evans is a role player, Miller and Iguodala are pretty good but not great. The Sixers have overachieved greatly this season.

Dalembert is a good defensive center but it's not like he's Ben Wallace in his prime, Reggie Evans is a role player, Miller and Iguodala are pretty good but not great. The Sixers have overachieved greatly this season.

How can you possibly say that ?

They were terrible until the new year started and that's when they got a little run and went like 20-4. The 76ers are younger, more athetlic, more focused, and IMO they just want it more.

You need rings for a legacy.

You don't need them to dominate.

Look up some stats.

Thats why I said he was basketball's version of Alex Rodriguez. It's the exact same thing. Amazing regular season, poor post season.

I didn't say that you needed the rings to be dominate, I just said that this league has belonged to Shaq more than it has belonged to KG.

Lets compare the stats, if you really want to compare Shaq's career stats to KG's.

PPG

Shaq 25.2

KG 20.4

RPG

Shaq 11.5

KG 11.2

BPG

Shaq 2.4

KG 1.7

FG%

Shaq .581

KG .494

FT%

Shaq .524

KG .781

STL

Shaq 0.6

KG 1.4

Rings

Shaq 4

KG 0

I will even go the extra mile and compare Shaq's stats when he was 31 years old just like KG is right now.

Shaq at 31:

27.5 PPG

11.1 RPG

2.4 BPG

KG This year at age of 31:

18.8 PPG

9.2 RPG

1.3 BPG

I've brought in the stats, and of all the categories, KG has only won in Free Throws (Obviously), and Steals. Shaq has the advatage in everything else. I think its safe to say Shaq owns KG.

Thats why I said he was basketball's version of Alex Rodriguez. It's the exact same thing. Amazing regular season, poor post season.

I didn't say that you needed the rings to be dominate, I just said that this league has belonged to Shaq more than it has belonged to KG.

Lets compare the stats, if you really want to compare Shaq's career stats to KG's.

PPG

Shaq 25.2

KG 20.4

RPG

Shaq 11.5

KG 11.2

BPG

Shaq 2.4

KG 1.7

FG%

Shaq .581

KG .494

FT%

Shaq .524

KG .781

STL

Shaq 0.6

KG 1.4

Rings

Shaq 4

KG 0

I will even go the extra mile and compare Shaq's stats when he was 31 years old just like KG is right now.

Shaq at 31:

27.5 PPG

11.1 RPG

2.4 BPG

KG This year at age of 31:

18.8 PPG

9.2 RPG

1.3 BPG

I've brought in the stats, and of all the categories, KG has only won in Free Throws (Obviously), and Steals. Shaq has the advatage in everything else. I think its safe to say Shaq owns KG.

Shaq has always had the benefit of playing on a team with a great guard in Kobe and DW3...who exactly surrounded KG in Minn,,,Spree?

This should add some spice to tonights game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/04/23/bibby_takes_some_jabs_at_the_fans/

Bibby takes some jabs at the fans

During Sunday night's Game 1 loss to the Celtics, Hawks guard Mike Bibby responded to hecklers in the TD Banknorth Garden stands by saying this was a seven-game series. One fan asked Bibby repeatedly whether he really believed the eighth-seeded Hawks would last that long against the top-seed Celtics.

With Game 2 coming up tonight, Bibby jabbed back at Boston fans before his team's practice yesterday.

"They were kind of loud at the beginning," said Bibby. "But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now.

"I played here last year, too, [with Sacramento] and I didn't see three-fourths of them. They're for the team now and they might get a little rowdy, but that's about it."

In 34 minutes, Bibby missed 8 of 10 shots, including 4 of 5 3-point attempts, and had one assist. He and teammate Josh Smith had some words with Celtics fans as they left the floor after the loss.

"It's good that they know I'm here," Bibby said. "It was just a little confrontation to get them involved a little bit. But they are fair-weather fans, if you ask me."

Bibby also recalled yesterday that some Celtics fans wore bags on their heads as their team struggled last season and said they jumped on the bandwagon after the acquisition of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen.

Several Celtics players have said they enjoyed the boisterous environment during Game 1. They also responded to Bibby's verbal slap.

"If you had a 2-for-10 night shooting, you'll say something like that, too," said Kendrick Perkins. "You're bound to say anything.

"We have the best fans in the world. We don't expect players from other teams to like our fans. That's not what they're supposed to do, anyway."

Said Kevin Garnett, "That's Mike Bibby speaking his mind. I wouldn't say it's the smartest comment, but it's Mike Bibby. I have nothing to do with that. Our job is to come out and protect home court."

Said Paul Pierce, "With Bibby's comments, I hope they come even louder in Game 2."

Pretty stupid comment from a guy who plays in Atlanta. As of today the Hawks have yet to sell out Game 3 in Atlanta.

If Bibby's team is going to have any possible shot of winning anything he's going to have to stop worrying about the Celtics fans, and start worrying about trying to stop the Celtics players from kicking your teams ass.

He needs to stop Rajon Rondo from kicking his arse again. Bibby is such a ***** that the called out the Celtics fans and not the Celtics players.

The Celtics averaged 16,800 in attendance last season. They lost 18 games in a row last year. FU Bibby!

He needs to stop Rajon Rondo from kicking his arse again. Bibby is such a ***** that the called out the Celtics fans and not the Celtics players.

The Celtics averaged 16,800 in attendance last season. They lost 18 games in a row last year. FU Bibby!

I never liked Bibby, if there is a player I hate the most in this league, believe it or not, it's not Garnett, it's Bibby. He has a big mouth, and he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Like I said, if Bibby wants his team to even win 1 game this series, he better worry about the players, and not the fans. He needs to let the fans run their mouth, they paid their hard earned money to do so. Just play the game of basketball and shut up.

Rondo > Bibby

I never liked Bibby, if there is a player I hate the most in this league, believe it or not, it's not Garnett, it's Bibby. He has a big mouth, and he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Like I said, if Bibby wants his team to even win 1 game this series, he better worry about the players, and not the fans. He needs to let the fans run their mouth, they paid their hard earned money to do so. Just play the game of basketball and shut up.

Rondo > Bibby

Well said.

Al Horford, the only rookie on the Hawks, handled the crowd and playoff pressure better than any of his teammates on Sunday night.

This should add some spice to tonights game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/04/23/bibby_takes_some_jabs_at_the_fans/

Pretty stupid comment from a guy who plays in Atlanta. As of today the Hawks have yet to sell out Game 3 in Atlanta.

lmao

yall are ALL bandwagoners

yall didnt go to ya games last year

yall was rootin fo that lakers last year

bibby right

celtics fans and pats fans are bandwagoners

ya dig

Well said.

Al Horford, the only rookie on the Hawks, handled the crowd and playoff pressure better than any of his teammates on Sunday night.

I like Al Horford, I think he has a ton of upside, and he will be something special. He was the only person from the Florida Gators two straight championships that I thought he'd be something special. Brewer is ok, has good upside, and Joakim Noah, will be just average at best. I got to admit, Noah did better than I expected though. I think Horford's upside is through the roof though. I think he's best suited to be a PF though, the last thing he wants to do is match up with Howard for the next century.

lmao

yall are ALL bandwagoners

yall didnt go to ya games last year

yall was rootin fo that lakers last year

bibby right

celtics fans and pats fans are bandwagoners

ya dig

I think Bostonians are bangwagoners with the Patriots, but I am not to sure about the Celtics. Boston was always a Baseball, and Basketball town. When the Patriots became good, then the fans showed up. I agree with you on the Patriots, but not on the Celtics.

Archived