The Official NBA Playoff Thread

Gainzo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Solid, witty post.

Tell me why the Celtics (A team you just started rooting for this season) have a better chance than Orlando to win the East.

LOL lets see

we have better starters

we have a better bench

and

our coach isn't a Ron Jeremy clone

LOL lets see

we have better starters

we have a better bench

and

our coach isn't a Ron Jeremy clone

Our big 3 of Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard, and Hedo Turkoglu averages 58.4 point per game. While Boston's big 3 of KG, Allen, and Pierce averages 55.8 points per game. Our big 3 rebound 25.3 times per game. Yours has an average of 18 per game.

Our coach may look like Ron Jeremy, but at least our coach knows basic math, like 2+2, and bottom line, SVG knows how to coach a basketball game. Your coach is borderline retarded, so obviously the only reason Boston is winning is because of their big 3, and not their very retarded coach. and you need to take that seriously, because if anybody knows Doc Rivers, it's a Magic fan.

And the most important stat of them all. Magic lead season series 2 to 1.

What Gainzo..no update on the C's series for us?

I'll pick up your slack..Atlanta wins 102-93.

Series at 2-1

;)

Thanks for that. I needed to be up early yesterday so I went to bed right after the game finished.

Pistons rebounded nicely last night after being down double digits in the 2nd qtr.

Our big 3 of Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard, and Hedo Turkoglu averages 58.4 point per game. While Boston's big 3 of KG, Allen, and Pierce averages 55.8 points per game. Our big 3 rebound 25.3 times per game. Yours has an average of 18 per game.

Our coach may look like Ron Jeremy, but at least our coach knows basic math, like 2+2, and bottom line, SVG knows how to coach a basketball game. Your coach is borderline retarded, so obviously the only reason Boston is winning is because of their big 3, and not their very retarded coach. and you need to take that seriously, because if anybody knows Doc Rivers, it's a Magic fan.

And the most important stat of them all. Magic lead season series 2 to 1.

1-comparing "stats" in basketball = useless

sure, 20 points per game is better than 2 but the Big 3 aren't out to score 25 points each a game. they each took significant hits to their personal stats for the better of the team.

what makes the Celtics the best team in the NBA? their DEFENSE. Orlando won't be able to handle us IF they even earn the right to play us.

there's a reason the Magic were only a 3 seed.

Is that right?

Tell me, oh witty one, what is the season series between the two?

Try and keep personal attacks and looks out of your response.

LOL this is hilarious. i love it. lets use the regular season to declare who wins. BRILLIANT!!

the Patriots must be winners of the Superbowl because they beat the Giants in week 17, right??

keep it coming!!

LOL this is hilarious. i love it. lets use the regular season to declare who wins. BRILLIANT!!

the Patriots must be winners of the Superbowl because they beat the Giants in week 17, right??

keep it coming!!

Why are some people calling you a bandwagon fan and why are most of those people Magic fans?

that is just a myth

the Magic have no fans. these are just Dwight Howard's relatives.

Really? Then why was I a fan of the Magic when Shaq was on the team, knowing you, you didn't even know Shaq was even on the Magic.

I bet if Skiles never went on to coach the Bulls, and eventually the Bucks, you wouldn't even have a clue who he was. If I know nothing about Orlando before Dwight Howard, then why do I know that Skiles had a 30 assist game against the Denver Nuggets in the 1990-1991 season?

I bet you think that Penny Hardaway was never a good player. Or you have no clue who Dennis Scott, and Nick Anderson are.

Yeah, I really have no clue about this Orlando Magic organization before the Dwight Howard era. Dude, I have more basketball knowledge in my finger, then you have in your whole body.

Why are some people calling you a bandwagon fan and why are most of those people Magic fans?

Maybe it's because he roots for the New York Jets, New York Yankees and the Boston Celtics. I have reasons for liking the Magic, and the Jets, and Yankees. The Orlando Magic were the first sports team I ever watched, i don't need to explain my reasoning why I am a Magic fan. He needs to explain how the hell he can like two New York team, and then a team that most New Yorkers hate.

Maybe it's because he roots for the New York Jets, New York Yankees and the Boston Celtics. I have reasons for liking the Magic, and the Jets, and Yankees. The Orlando Magic were the first sports team I ever watched, i don't need to explain my reasoning why I am a Magic fan. He needs to explain how the hell he can like two New York team, and then a team that most New Yorkers hate.

Thats some pretty flawed logic. You support two NY teams and a Florida team. He supports two NY teams and a Massachusetts team.

Whats the difference?

Sorry Gainzo, but I still think I can't find a more laughable combination than two of my friends:

Friend #1

NFL - Vikings

MLB - Reds

NHL - Bruins

NBA - Lakers

Friend #2

NFL - Dolphins

MLB - Blue Jays

NHL - Devils

NBA - N/A

Both grew up and have lived their entire lives in New Jersey. :lol:

Sorry Gainzo, but I still think I can't find a more laughable combination than two of my friends:

Friend #1

NFL - Vikings

MLB - Reds

NHL - Bruins

NBA - Lakers

Friend #2

NFL - Dolphins

MLB - Blue Jays

NHL - Devils

NBA - N/A

That's funny and sad at the same time. Blue Jays? Bruins? At least I have an excuse for supporting the Bruins. I live here!

Friend #1

NFL - Vikings

MLB - Reds

NHL - Bruins

NBA - Lakers

Friend #2

NFL - Dolphins

MLB - Blue Jays

NHL - Devils

NBA - N/A

You mean your only friends ? :biggrin:

Jay Kay.

Thats some pretty flawed logic. You support two NY teams and a Florida team. He supports two NY teams and a Massachusetts team.

Whats the difference?

Gainz, Blackout has been known to hop on bandwagons.

Don't you remember him hopping all over the Giants during their SB run..if you don't you can look it up.

Blackout likes who's winning at that moment in time.

That's the best you got?

You made a bold claim that the Celtics are better than Orlando, what better way to back that up with results?

That's the worse analogy i've ever seen, how did you do on your SAT's? I'm willing to bet not so good. The Giants were the better team, because they beat the Pats.

Orlando is the better team, because they beat the Celtics. Who knows what will happen in the playoffs, if either of them play, but as it stands right now, 2 regular season wins are better than 1.

If you need any further explanation, I'd go out on a limb and say you're borderline retarded.

The Magics 2 wins came at home by a combined 5 points. When Orlando played in Boston they lost by 12.

The Celtics have home court advantage if the teams meet in the playoffs

I have only ever seen Blackout talk about the Giants so I don't agree with you that he is a bandwagon guy.

The Magics 2 wins came at home by a combined 5 points. When Orlando played in Boston they lost by 12.

I have only ever seen Blackout talk about the Giants so I don't agree with you that he is a bandwagon guy.

Whether their combined wins were by 2 or 5, a win is a win and will get you to the next round.

That's good that boston has homecourt, there's a reason the Magic won 27 games on the road this year.

The Celtics will beat the Magic in a 7 game series but I think the Magic will play them tough. Howard is a monster.

Whats the difference?

The Orlando Magic were the first sports team I ever watched, it's the first sports arena I ever went to. I was born in Florida, all I knew growing up was the Orlando Magic. I didn't care for any other sport, except for basketball at the time, so I became a Magic fan. Shaq was basically my idol growing up as a kid. I grew up watching Shaq, Penny, and Nick Anderson dominate between the years of 1994-1996.

Then when I started watching the other sports, I became a fan of who my parents liked (Yankees, and Jets). I unlike Blackout, would refuse to switch from Orlando to the Knicks, only because I was unable to. I had too much love for the Orlando Magic. I still remember them as the first sports team I ever liked.

The Celtics will beat the Magic in a 7 game series but I think the Magic will play them tough. Howard is a monster.

I agree. If the Celtics and Magic meet it will probably go 7. Howard is a freak but sometimes it looks like he doesn't give a crap.

It will come down to defense. The Celtics can do that.

Archived