WTF are the Bengles thinking?

madmike1

They are better off taking the cap hit and the picks then dealing with the problem that Johnson is gonna create for them...

Maybe they'll just deactivate him...or holding out for a better deal, I guess. Never mind about the money FTA:

Trading Johnson also would mean Cincinnati would take an $8 million salary-cap hit, but that amount could be split over the next two years. Additionally, as one owner who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com, "There's nothing wrong with dead money. It's cash already paid and it's cash back in your pocket that you don't have to spend, especially with the [high] amount of everyone's salary cap these days."

Maybe they'll just deactivate him...or holding out for a better deal, I guess. Never mind about the money FTA:

Trading Johnson also would mean Cincinnati would take an $8 million salary-cap hit, but that amount could be split over the next two years. Additionally, as one owner who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com, "There's nothing wrong with dead money. It's cash already paid and it's cash back in your pocket that you don't have to spend, especially with the [high] amount of everyone's salary cap these days."

Yeah, but the net cap hit is only $1.7M. I don't know the exact details of his contract, but according to rotoworld (who is usually pretty accurate), his cap hit in 2008 is scheduled to be $6.3M.

If they take an $8M cap hit it isn't an additional $8M cap hit. It's just the total hit.

Archived