Why the Jets FO is top 5 in the NFL

drago

If you were in the Jets FO and wanted to trade out of having the 'best talent' in the NFL draft? Keep in mind this team just threw 12 million in guarantees to an RB the year before, they have a backup who averaged over 5 ypc and a very recent signing of a 3rd down/goal line back.

You sell the hell out of McFadden. You try to make every team in the league believe you are ballsie enough to take him, even though you are set at that position. If the Jets hadn't made any moves toward mcfadden you know damn well the Patriots, Bengals and anyone else behind NYJ would think they have him falling in their laps (if they actually want him). The Jets have made it so evey team knows that DMC will not slide past number six and if they want to get him they had better trade.

Mangini came from a team that never had the stud RB and saw great success, he has functioned that way throughout this offseason. There is no possible way they choose McFadden.

-hey mods, merge away if you want to...don't mean to clutter your board...

If you were in the Jets FO and wanted to trade out of having the 'best talent' in the NFL draft? Keep in mind this team just threw 12 million in guarantees to an RB the year before, they have a backup who averaged over 5 ypc and a very recent signing of a 3rd down/goal line back.

You sell the hell out of McFadden. You try to make every team in the league believe you are ballsie enough to take him, even though you are set at that position. If the Jets hadn't made any moves toward mcfadden you know damn well the Patriots, Bengals and anyone else behind NYJ would think they have him falling in their laps (if they actually want him). The Jets have made it so evey team knows that DMC will not slide past number six and if they want to get him they had better trade.

Mangini came from a team that never had the stud RB and saw great success, he has functioned that way throughout this offseason. There is no possible way they choose McFadden.

The very recent signing also averaged 5 yds a carry last year on a pittyful team!

You sell the hell out of McFadden. You try to make every team in the league believe you are ballsie enough to take him, even though you are set at that position.

The Rams, Falcons, Chiefs, Jets, Pats, Ravens, Bengals, Saints & Bills don't need a running back.

What team do you think would trade up for McFadden if he was around when the Jets pick at #6?

The Rams, Falcons, Chiefs, Jets, Pats, Ravens, Bengals, Saints & Bills don't need a running back.

What team do you think would trade up for McFadden if he was around when the Jets pick at #6?

someone that bought the BS. I've heard the Bengals are possible candidates although i don't personally believe so since they have enough trouble with character issues. Dallas hasn't been mentioned in a while and have even said that will not trade up, keep in mind those are only words, too much BS floating around to believe something like that.

If dallas is the team that we trade with, there would be no way we get both of their firsts. It is much more likely that we don't get the trade value chart, however will still get compensated very well. I also feel more confident in our FO going after a mid round first and another early second than going after one individual at the top of the first.

If he is there at 6 it will be interesting to me if they pick him more because of his background not being clear and pure. I am not saying he is the worst person but I will be intrigued if he is there at 6.

I understand where you're coming from, but NE ran a stud RB (Dillon) to a superbowl victory when Mangini was there.

The Bengals absolutely need a running back.

Also, what do we know about the health of Larry Johnson?

This team has won nothing therefore they cannot be in the top 5 of any category..praise comes from championships

this FO has been in place for 2 and a half seasons, had one good year and one bad year. They have shown they are agressive in free agency (both pluses and minuses to that) and have draft well above average.

I'm not praising the team, just the FO, I feel they have done a great job to put the jets in a position to win games.

Archived