OT: The Killers

vinnys025

Anyone check this band out? I heard a song I liked from them on the radio and then bought an album. They are pretty dam good, I never knew it. ANyone else like them? Its good drinking music for sure...maybe thats why they sound good right now..who knows

Well somebody told me

You had a boyfriend

Who looks like a girlfriend

That I had in February of last year

It's not confidential

I've got potential...

:shock:

After hearing the chorus of that song, I realized I never wanted to hear another Killers song again.

Anyone check this band out? I heard a song I liked from them on the radio and then bought an album. They are pretty dam good, I never knew it. ANyone else like them? Its good drinking music for sure...maybe thats why they sound good right now..who knows

I like em. Sound kinda 80's ish if you ask me. Synthetic sound to the guitars. My favorite song on there is "Smile Like You Mean It".

For all the catchy songs and cool almost electronic beats that the Killers present on "Hot Fuss", it is exactly what it is, a well produced album which doesn't carry further than the recording studio. I don't dislike the Killers, on the radio their songs are catchy and almost to the point of mind numbing addiction...but live, they are terrible. I went to see them in NYC and they were not anywhere near quality to any of the other bands I've seen (which are many). On a scale of 1 to 10 they are a 8.7 on the cd and a 3.6 live. And its not even like I have a biased opinion, Rolling Stone gave their live performance a 2 stars out of 5 and said and i paraphrase "a boring representation of what they put out on the record". For all you killers lovers, move on away from this band, they've reached their peak, and after their new song dies away, so will they.

Archived