I wish Tannenbaum was standing next to me

Jetlag

It's not like our TE sucked, we just didn't even use him. What a waste of a pick. He better get 3-4 touches a game MINIMUM.

He's a slot receiver. He'll line up with Baker, Cotchery and Coles.

I hate that they traded up for him, but I expect he can be a weapon and make the offense more varied.

Go cry about it. We got a legit Pass rusher that we haven't had since Abraham left and a playmaking threat at TE. We've improved greatly today so nobody wants to hear your b*tching.

Legit pass rusher? Based on what? He hasn't even suited up for an NFL game yet!

So I could punch him right in his stupid face.

A workout warrior and a TE who isn't even multi-dimensional whom also cost us 2 picks.

This is a bad draft. Sorry.

Lord have mercy on your ignorance. Listen Bro, you have NO idea about football on a professional level. NONE, repeat after me "I AM A INTERNET POSTER KNOW IT ALL WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS NOTHING, OR I WOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF JOB IN THE FIELD INSTEAD OF POSITING MY POINTLESS NON SENSE NEGATIVE OPINIONS WHICH ARE BASED IN NOTHING BUT BITTER IGNORANCE" There, do you feel better admitting the truth?

This is a dumb argument, of course these guys haven't played in the NFL yet, they were just drafted. Does it make you feel awesome to point out the obvious? We all know that there is a chance that all of guys guys bust and all suck at the pro level, again this is the obvious that people don't feel the need to state. When people say that he is a legit pass rusher it is because scouts feel that he has all of the physical tools and projects as one at the pro level. What's next John Madden type posts where you explain that if you get the ball into the endzone that is a touchdown and you get 6 points from it?

Lord have mercy on your ignorance. Listen Bro, you have NO idea about football on a professional level. NONE, repeat after me "I AM A INTERNET POSTER KNOW IT ALL WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS NOTHING, OR I WOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF JOB IN THE FIELD INSTEAD OF POSITING MY POINTLESS NON SENSE NEGATIVE OPINIONS WHICH ARE BASED IN NOTHING BUT BITTER IGNORANCE" There, do you feel better admitting the truth?

And which NFL teams draft were you managing today?

I'll concede the Gholston pick. They were pretty much forced into it and I honestly believe they were trying their hardest to get out of it. So it is what it is. That said, I'm personally giving him one season. If he is in the doghouse by mid-season, I will never forgive this FO for it.

Dustin Keller, NO.

I'll concede the Gholston pick. They were pretty much forced into it and I honestly believe they were trying their hardest to get out of it. So it is what it is. That said, I'm personally giving him one season. If he is in the doghouse by mid-season, I will never forgive this FO for it.

Dustin Keller, NO.

So how many times have you actually seen Dustin Keller play?

So how many times have you actually seen Dustin Keller play?

I watch college ball casually. It's not Dustin Keller so much that I hate. It is these facts that I hate

1) He is undersized and clearly not a blocker. Which has been admitted by him and our FO. A TE must be complete to be first round worthy, IMO.

2) We spent 2 picks on this kid.

3) We spent 2 picks when there was still a chance we didn't need to.

The one pro, it sent Baker a message.

Overall, I would have felt much better if we drafted him at 36.

I've seen most of Purdue's games over the past few years. Last year Keller was the best player Purdue had. They had an OK year. But I think his transition should be smoother than most rookies. Joe Tiller really runs a pro style offense, and Keller is really quick. I like the pick

I watch college ball casually. It's not Dustin Keller so much that I hate. It is these facts that I hate

1) He is undersized and clearly not a blocker. Which has been admitted by him and our FO. A TE must be complete to be first round worthy, IMO.

If he pans out, nobody will give a sh#t about the 4th rd pick it cost to move up.

If he pans out, nobody will give a sh#t about the 4th rd pick it cost to move up.

You could say that about any trade. The point is it seems like they panicked and burned another draft pick when it wasn't necessary.

I LOVE the Keller pick. Theres nothing better for a young QB than a good receiving TE he can rely on as a safety blanket. Dustin Keller should be able to fill that role, plus it is a complete "***** you" statement to Baker and his little walk out.

I LOVE the Keller pick. Theres nothing better for a young QB than a good receiving TE he can rely on as a safety blanket. Dustin Keller should be able to fill that role, plus it is a complete "***** you" statement to Baker and his little walk out.

Me too. Keller will give the Jets something they havn't had in a long time. A fast TE who can run the deep seams and curls. Baker has size and hands, but he was too slow to be effective at that. Baker could be covered with a LB or any SS. Keller will cause match up problems and open things up for Coles and Cotchery. And Clemens has the arm strength that Chad never had to throw those types of passes. This is a great pick. And I have to believe they moved up because they thought the Giants might take him.

I might get recked for this but I think this draft is better than last years.

If Gholston realizes his potential, you will be right. I'd rather get four studs from two years of drafts than one or two studs and a bunch of bench warmers that are kept around to make the FO feel they did something.

So I could punch him right in his stupid face.

A workout warrior and a TE who isn't even multi-dimensional whom also cost us 2 picks.

This is a bad draft. Sorry.

I'd bet a g note Tannenbaum would kick the crap out of you...hahahahahaha

Ever watch Winslow or Dallas Clarke block? These guys are worth their weight in gold for what they do for a passing attack.

23 sacks in two seasons says a lot. Especially when you only play 10 or 11 games per season in college.

Also, he is a force on defense. Teams will have to gameplan for him and stop him from getting into the backfield if they want a shot at winning.

The two games Ohio St. lost this past season (Illinois, and Florida) both were a result of great gameplanning to minimize Gholston's pass rush. This is especially true against Illinois, where they went to the shotgun and did a quick hitter or some gadget play about 85% of the time, thus keeping Gholston on his heels and stopping him from going into all out rush mode.

Florida is a different story, given the fact that there arent going to be too many times in the NFL where the opponent will have over a month to gameplan for you.

It's not like our TE sucked, we just didn't even use him. What a waste of a pick. He better get 3-4 touches a game MINIMUM.

actually no Chris Baker did suck. I would be so glad to see him go. In my books he is another Justin McCeriens.

thank you. we haven't utilized a te in about 10 years. ever since mitchell left. this was a huge waste. I'm so disappointed by this. it seems like our f.o. doesn't have a clue sometimes. almost anyone here on this site could make a better gm.

Archived