Player trades?

gangreenman

With the drafting of Gholston and Keller, BThomas/Eric Barton and Chris Baker are now expendable.

Given the fact that we only have three more picks in what has been hyped as a rather deep draft leads me to believe that we may be in the market to trade a player for some picks. I understand also the argument that Tangini loves TC compettitions, and if we keep the team we have now, there will be more then a fair share of those compettitions coming our way. BUT, at the end of TC when the starters are determined, players like Baker or Keller at TE, and one of Pace, Barton, or Thomas at LB will be forced to ride the pines.

So, my question is, given the talent left for day 2 of the NFL draft, should we trade one or two of these players now, or wait until TC is over to deal with the leftovers?

With the drafting of Gholston and Keller, BThomas/Eric Barton and Chris Baker are now expendable.

Given the fact that we only have three more picks in what has been hyped as a rather deep draft leads me to believe that we may be in the market to trade a player for some picks. I understand also the argument that Tangini loves TC compettitions, and if we keep the team we have now, there will be more then a fair share of those compettitions coming our way. BUT, at the end of TC when the starters are determined, players like Baker or Keller at TE, and one of Pace, Barton, or Thomas at LB will be forced to ride the pines.

So, my question is, given the talent left for day 2 of the NFL draft, should we trade one or two of these players now, or wait until TC is over to deal with the leftovers?

yes we should, try to combo baker with a Pick for a 3rd and get Jon Goff, very solid MLB in a 3-4, good run stopper, then Goff and Pace can stop the run while Harris and Gholston rush the passer

barton isn`t expenable just yet. kassel isn`t a starter.

yes we should, try to combo baker with a Pick for a 3rd and get Jon Goff, very solid MLB in a 3-4, good run stopper, then Goff and Pace can stop the run while Harris and Gholston rush the passer

Goff should be there at 102 if they really want him. I like Beau Bell and Erin Henderson better who should also be around. Just my opinion. Wouldn't hate Goff but wouldn't trade to the 3rd for him.

Goff should be there at 102 if they really want him. I like Beau Bell and Erin Henderson better who should also be around. Just my opinion. Wouldn't hate Goff but wouldn't trade to the 3rd for him.

i would in the late end of the round if i suspect another team to take him

barton isn`t expenable just yet. kassel isn`t a starter.

We can move Pace to ILB, and start Thomas, Harris, Pace, and Gholston at LB.

Combine their averages and could very well have a LB crew that generates over 20 sacks per year.

I agree though, at this point Thomas is the more expendable of the two.

Combine their averages and could very well have a LB crew that generates over 20 sacks per year.

Barton is much more useful inside than Thomas is outside and Pace is totally unproven at ILB. Heck he's an experiment at OLB. That would not work at all IMO, Thomas blows.

No way you get rid of Barton right now. Even if they draft an ILB, you need the depth and experience in 3-4 LB's. I don't feel comfortable with Kassel as the only guy at ILB behind Harris. I wouldn't start Kassel. Barton is not great but the best option they have next to Harris at this point. If they draft Beau Bell, Jonathan Goff, or Erin Henderson they can think about it but I still wouldn't do it. Baker is a possible deal if he is really gonna whine and cause problems but otherwise Keller is more of an over-sized WR (not that I'm complaining). If they can get a 3rd or 4th for Baker it may be worth it though since they have Franks. Bryan Thomas may be an expensive guy to keep right now but they may need him to rotate with Pace and Gholston for now unless you want Chatham in there. I wouldn't be against moving him though since they do still have Bowens for veteran depth.

I don't know how it leaves Barton expendable, unless you want to risk moving Pace to ILB.

IMO Thomas has to be gotten rid of someway, I really have not ever been a fan of his and think he is the worst player on our defense right now.

actually I say we try and trade Thomas and get into the 3rd and try and get Dan Connor.

Pace & Gholston on the outside with harris & Connor on the inside, it would be a great pass rush IMO

Archived