Dan Connor

jetsman

I'd love it, we could package up one of our extra 4th round picks.... oh wait, we traded used it trading up for a te that we could have waited for. well gee that won't work.

Finish the sentence - package him with one our extra 4th round picks with what exacly to move up where?? Keller is better than any wr that came after the #30 pick and there was a chance he would not be there at #36 - well worth a #113 pick.

what are the chances we manage to trade up and land Dan Connor? I think he would be a great addition next to David Harris on the inside.

We just traded the black Dan Connor to N.O. No thanks, too small.

Finish the sentence - package him with one our extra 4th round picks with what exacly to move up where?? Keller is better than any wr that came after the #30 pick and there was a chance he would not be there at #36 - well worth a #113 pick.

Yup he was, and when he flys by LBs or runs over FSs we'll not think twice about that 4th.

Keller is better than any wr that came after the #30 pick and there was a chance he would not be there at #36 - well worth a #113 pick.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't EVERY WR come after #30? You could be right but I'm having a tough time believing that a guy who wasn't even close to being the consensus #1 TE is somehow better than every single WR

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't EVERY WR come after #30? You could be right but I'm having a tough time believing that a guy who wasn't even close to being the consensus #1 TE is somehow better than every single WR

OLB Gholston, TE Keller tops among pro day performances so far

By Todd McShay

Scouts Inc.

(Archive)

Updated: March 11, 2008

Email

Ohio State DE/OLB Vernon Gholston continued his assault on the pre-draft process during the Buckeyes' pro day workout Friday in Columbus, Ohio. The 6-foot-3, 266-pounder blazed a 40-yard dash time of 4.59 seconds and soared 42 inches in the vertical jump, both slightly better than his impressive numbers (4.67, 35.5) at last month's combine. Now that Gholston has twice verified in workouts the explosiveness scouts have seen on film for the past two seasons -- during which he had 22.5 sacks -- there should be no question about his standing as a top-10 prospect in this year's draft class. With the Jets, Patriots and Ravens -- all of whom employ 3-4 defensive schemes -- selecting sixth, seventh and eighth, respectively, it's hard to imagine Gholston still being available when the Bengals select at No. 9.

Like Gholston, Purdue TE Dustin Keller used a recent pro day to improve on sensational combine results. His 41-inch vertical leap, three inches better than his showing in Indianapolis, stood out most and showed Keller's lower body explosiveness. While he never will be a good in-line blocker, Keller displays the speed, hands, athleticism and leaping ability of a true difference-maker in the NFL passing game. Creative offensive teams such as the Colts, Saints, Broncos, Eagles, Seahawks, Buccaneers and Rams should value Keller as a late-first-round prospect. In fact, don't be surprised if a team trades back into Round 1 to snatch him. There simply are not enough talented tight ends in this year's draft class for a team in need to be complacent.

Many consider him the #1 TE. What makes him unique is his ability to play the slot as a WR and TE. He will be a nightmare matchup. A very impressive move by the Jets.

Dude... He was definitely the consensus #1 TE... look at his Combine stats. He destroyed everything he touched.

If we trade up for Connor say bye bye to Tyvon Branch in round 4.

We HAVE to get Branch, or Smith in round 4. We may have to trade up for the one we want.

I say Baker, and an 09 third. And then we select Tyvon Branch, CB. Then we keep our fourth, and get either a LB, or Kendall Langford, DE.

If we trade up for Connor say bye bye to Tyvon Branch in round 4.

We HAVE to get Branch, or Smith in round 4. We may have to trade up for the one we want.

I say Baker, and an 09 third. And then we select Tyvon Branch, CB. Then we keep our fourth, and get either a LB, or Kendall Langford, DE.

I like that idea but who would bite on Baker is a good question?

Archived