Pats fans: did you get the LB you wanted?

TaborJet

Was Jerod Mayo the pick the Patriots wanted all along? Did they really want Gholston, but after the Jets took him, just said oh well and trade down?

I'm reading that they had this trade down in place before the draft. The Boston media is yet again stroking the NE front office, calling it masterful.

What say ye, Patriot faithful?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was Jerod Mayo the pick the Patriots wanted all along? Did they really want Gholston, but after the Jets took him, just said oh well and trade down?

I'm reading that they had this trade down in place before the draft. The Boston media is yet again stroking the NE front office, calling it masterful.

What say ye, Patriot faithful?

Seriously, I have no idea.

I heard the interviews with BB and Mayo last night.

BB said that he loved Mayo's versatility - he has played inside and outside, and that he hadn't had an lb rated that high in a long time. BB values versatility, that's for sure. I suspect there is something to that. Since when does BB ever pick an LB in the first, or second, round? Never.

The interview with Mayo was more telling. Guess the Pats brought him in a few times for private work outs and interviews. Mayo stated that he "felt" that the Pats were really interested in him and he felt confident that he would be picked by them. That could be his agent speaking in his ear though - I don't know.

I just don't think that they were targeting Gholsten. That's just my gut feeling. My gut has been wrong - rarely - but it has ;)

I'm much more concerned with their 2nd round pick. ANOTHER FRICKIN' MIDGET DB! Enough with the shorties!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's 5'9" I think. It's like the Pats FO has a mandate that no corner can be taller than 5'10".....is it because Bob Kraft is short? Is it a napolean complex thing? Ugh!

Whether they wanted him or not, you know that they'll say they did.

Same as the papers up here "The guy they had listed #1 on their board all along" bull**** those smelly bastards said that about Andy THE BIG CAT years ago they took him because VG and Rivers had been picked. And by the way good luck with your new CB another great pick by the cheaters cut 5 of last years picks you do the math.

Same as the papers up here "The guy they had listed #1 on their board all along" bull**** those smelly bastards said that about Andy THE BIG CAT years ago they took him because VG and Rivers had been picked. And by the way good luck with your new CB another great pick by the cheaters cut 5 of last years picks you do the math.

Andy Katzenmoyer was a Pete Carroll/Bobby Grier pick. But thanks for playing!

Yes, NE got a LB. Mayo has played LB since pee wee football. All 3 LB positions in fact.

NY got a DE who better learn the LB spot FAST because he is too small to play DE in the Pros.

Those of you that are religious should pray every night. OSU players arent the brightest candles.

Yes, NE got a LB. Mayo has played LB since pee wee football. All 3 LB positions in fact.

NY got a DE who better learn the LB spot FAST because he is too small to play DE in the Pros.

Those of you that are religious should pray every night. OSU players arent the brightest candles.

WTF are you talking about, you wanted Gholston for the Pats.:confused0058:

Originally Posted by PatriotReign37 viewpost.gif

Ghoslton is the player that both NE and NY want. LB's are everything in a 3 - 4 defense - pass rush, drop into coverge, et al.

Somehow, NE will move ahead of NY and take Gholston.

Doesn't matter who it was same crap every year up here Pats can do no wrong call a spade a spade like the NY papers do! 5 picks cut last year another great draft for a team that needs youth job well done Pats.

You got me! The Jets are the superior team.

From what I understand, the Pats felt that last years draft class was crap. The cuts they made would attest to that - either that or they sucked at it last year. I suspect your team affiliation would predict what side of that fence you fall on. Plus, as far as I'm concerned the trade for Moss WAS the Pats draft last year. It worked out pretty well. Not all the way well - but I was pleased with that move. :)

Doesn't matter who it was same crap every year up here Pats can do no wrong call a spade a spade like the NY papers do! 5 picks cut last year another great draft for a team that needs youth job well done Pats.

There werent enough roster spots open to keep all those picks.

NE needs LB's NOW, not on the job training projects like VGhol.

I fell for the scam like Tangini did. NE baited NY into taking VGhol

Wait a second. you wanted Gholston yesterday, and now you don't? :lol:

You're making yourself look foolish.

OSU players arent the brightest candles.

Yeah, you're right. Nick Mangold is dumb as a stump and hasn't done anything for the Jets. His inability to grasp Schottenheimer / Mangini's confusing Offensive formations has hurt his game and he will be out of the league in three years.

;)

I'll take my chances with Tressel's players.

From what I understand, the Pats felt that last years draft class was crap. The cuts they made would attest to that - either that or they sucked at it last year. I suspect your team affiliation would predict what side of that fence you fall on. Plus, as far as I'm concerned the trade for Moss WAS the Pats draft last year. It worked out pretty well. Not all the way well - but I was pleased with that move. :)

Don't lose your perspective. You've not only competing against the Jets. You're competing against the rest of the NFL.

The following is a list of teams that have won Super Bowls since the last time the Pats did:

1. Giants
  2. Steelers
  3. Colts

The facts are they haven't drafted well recently and for a franchise that prides itself of winning through the draft...that's an ominous sign.

Brady won't play forever.

The time to build is now.

Yeah, you're right. Nick Mangold is dumb as a stump and hasn't done anything for the Jets. His inability to grasp Schottenheimer / Mangini's confusing Offensive formations has hurt his game and he will be out of the league in three years.

;)

I'll take my chances with Tressel's players.

Not to pile on an fellow Pats fan, but Mike Vrable has worked out exceptionally well too....playing inside LB, outside lb and the occasional TE stints for TD's. Hmmm....what school did he go to?

spin doctah in da house

No doubt Moss was a steal, but just be honest with whats going on they make bad picks like the rest of the teams no one is perfect (18-1) but you knew that already

SHUT UPPPPPPP!

I bet if Gholston was up at #7 you guys would of never traded out.

Where did I say I wanted Gholston? I didnt.

Why dont you produce the post where I did? Eh

Well, then who did You want then?

It's quite alright to admit that your team took someone who was second on you list. We the fans can admit this. Our front offices are the ones that never will.

Where did I say I wanted Gholston? I didnt.

Why dont you produce the post where I did? Eh

Oh, I get it now. you actually didn't say it. you posted it.

Ghoslton is the player that both NE and NY want. LB's are everything in a 3 - 4 defense - pass rush, drop into coverge, et al.

Somehow, NE will move ahead of NY and take Gholston.

What does this post mean? :lol:

Pee Wee football MINT has to be the best LB in the draft then, WOW great pick

Where does it say I wanted Gholston?

I posted the rumor floating around.

A)You are a Patriots fan, right?

B)You posted that the Patriots are going to get Gholston, right? :lol:

Let me ask you a simple question, what is 2+2?

Archived