Pats fans: did you get the LB you wanted?

TaborJet

I didnt say I WANTED HIM.

Where is that post claiming I wanted him?

Well, if you didn't want him who did you want? all you were saying yesterday was Gholston, right? and what's with the caps? are you getting angry at me? :(

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didnt say I WANTED HIM.

Where is that post claiming I wanted him?

NE needs LB's NOW, not on the job training projects like VGhol.

I fell for the scam like Tangini did. NE baited NY into taking VGhol

So it would follow that you have already admitted you wanted him. Of course that might not be true because you have no idea what is coming out of your mouth.

Not to pile on an fellow Pats fan, but Mike Vrable has worked out exceptionally well too....playing inside LB, outside lb and the occasional TE stints for TD's. Hmmm....what school did he go to?

Sure he has. Like Mangold.

What about Maurice Clarett or Santonio Holmes? Holmes got arrested twice before training camp.

OSU is not a school known for high academics. The point is that VGhol has to learn a very complex defense and change postions.

We will get to that later.

Where is the post stating I wanted Gholston yesterday? Cant you find it?

It's already been posted in this thread 2 times. and you're the only one in denial. no, not the river in Egypt my friend.

I gotta admit that I have no clue who this Mayo cat is. I followed the draft just about enough to know who five of the players. I can't really think of anything much more boring than the NFL draft. I would have bet a pretty decent sum of money that the Patriots would never make a run at Gholston though. Their weakness isn't at OLB, it's ILB. I never would have guessed that they would take one in the first round though. I actually had my heart set on us trading down and taking Talib. That was a nice TE you guys traded up for in the first though. I about ran my truck off the road when I heard that one yesterday. :rl:

Right here.

It doesnt change the fact that Gholston still has to change postions.

Um, he'll play weak side OLB which will just let him run wild. John Abraham played that same position in his rookie year in 2000 and was all over the place. he's gonna be moved all around, so I don't think he has to worry about dropping back in coverage.

Nice spin though.

Right here.

It doesnt change the fact that Gholston still has to change postions.

If you watched OSU football,you would realize that Gholston played a position called the "Leo" in college.He flexed out to linebacker and went into coverage and also rushed from there.He has already played the position we drafted him for and showed an affinity for it too.:):)

Hey, Nick Saban likely had some influence regarding the pick coaching in the SEC. You know, the guy who won a national championship at LSU.

Saban you think the guy who lied to everybody about everything is the best person to go to for a draft pick influence, why did'nt the pats just go to Bill Clinton he's just as honest. PLEASE come on now!

So we got the player you wanted and the player the Pats wanted???

I feel much better about this pick now.:rl:

Why??

1. Parcells passed on him.

2. Herm passed on him.

3. Vrabel has been working with VGhol in the off season. He would know him better than anyone. Something isnt right if VGhol is so great.

4. NE could have moved ahead if VGhol was all that.

5. You know damn right well Tangino was afraid NE would take VGhol.

6. How do I know who the Pats wanted?

Saban you think the guy who lied to everybody about everything is the best person to go to for a draft pick influence, why did'nt the pats just go to Bill Clinton he's just as honest. PLEASE come on now!

Bill Clinton recomended DMC.

NE needed LB's. Particulary ILB's

Why??

1. Parcells passed on him.

2. Herm passed on him.

3. Vrabel has been working with VGhol in the off season. He would know him better than anyone. Something isnt right if VGhol is so great.

4. NE could have moved ahead if VGhol was all that.

5. You know damn right well Tangino was afraid NE would take VGhol.

6. How do I know who the Pats wanted?

1. Parcells has Jason Taylor and no OLine. The Jets had BThomas. Slight difference, dontcha think?

2. :rl:, I hope thats the response you were looking for when you typed that.

3. What? Since when did Vrabel's opinion and relationship with Gholston mean anything in the NFL draft?

4. There are reports out there that the Pats tried to swap places with KC, but the Cheifs really wanted Dorsey, and were afraid the Jets would trade out to another team that wanted Dorsey.

5. Yes, and they should have been afraid, cause they would have. Right?

6. So wait, YOU were saying that both YOU and the pats wanted him, but YOU were wrong about both?

Don't lose your perspective. You've not only competing against the Jets. You're competing against the rest of the NFL.

The following is a list of teams that have won Super Bowls since the last time the Pats did:

1. Giants
  2. Steelers
  3. Colts

The facts are they haven't drafted well recently and for a franchise that prides itself of winning through the draft...that's an ominous sign.

Brady won't play forever.

The time to build is now.

Here is the list of teams that have won the Super Bowl since the last time the Jets PLAYED in the super bowl:

1. Giants

2. Steelers

3. Colts

4. Patriots

5 Buccaneers

6. Ravens

7. Rams

8. Broncos

9. Packers

10. Cowboys

11. 49ers

12 Redskins

13 Bears

14. Raiders

15. Dolphins

16 Chiefs

To say the Pats haven't drafted well misses the big picture. The Patriot second round draft pick had 112 receptions (tied for 1st in the league) and the their 6th round draft pick broke Rice's record for most TD receptions in a season.

Also it is more difficult to make the Patriots squad than some other teams. Ainge has a much better shot at being the starting QB for the Jets than O'Connell does for being the starting QB for the Patriots. That isn't because Ainge is a better QB than O'Connell, it is because Brady is a better QB than Clemens.

Kareem Brown wasn't a bad pick. He is an okay player. But Brown is not good enough to play for the 2008, 18-1 New England Patriots, he wasn't quite at that level. He is good enough to earn a spot on the 4-12, Jets. The Patriots didn't draft poorly, it just was last year there just wasn't many players available that were at a caliber to beat out the other Patriot players.

Archived