Miracle at the Meadowlands on tonight

Jetfan13

9:00 PMCLASSIC GAMES Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets - The Jets erased a 23-point deficit behind quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who threw four touchdown passes to lead New York to a 40-37 overtime win (10/23/00).

That would be the Monday Night Miracle - 'Miracle at the Meadowlands' involved an ex-head coach of the Jets and onetime Philadelphia Eagle.

Still, my fav. game to have ever attended, of course...

9:00 PMCLASSIC GAMES Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets - The Jets erased a 23-point deficit behind quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who threw four touchdown passes to lead New York to a 40-37 overtime win (10/23/00).

I can`t believe they would put this on the same night, as THE NIGHT they are honoring Alumni JETS along with the 20 years the JETS played at Shea (before they tear the place down) with JET night tonight ,I think Klecko is even throwing out the first pitch ,IF the game doesn`t get rained out. I still think they should have played ,the non- Giant home pre-season game there ,it would have given people reason to actually go to a pre-season game & while some would suggest to play the giants there to take away their home field avg. while playing a road game, that game always sells out with the people actually showing up for the pre-season game ,where the other game hardly anyone goes .

I can`t believe they would put this on the same night, as THE NIGHT they are honoring Alumni JETS along with the 20 years the JETS played at Shea (before they tear the place down) with JET night tonight ,I think Klecko is even throwing out the first pitch ,IF the game doesn`t get rained out. I still think they should have played ,the non- Giant home pre-season game there ,it would have given people reason to actually go to a pre-season game & while some would suggest to play the giants there to take away their home field avg. while playing a road game, that game always sells out with the people actually showing up for the pre-season game ,where the other game hardly anyone goes .

That's a great idea.

That would be the Monday Night Miracle - 'Miracle at the Meadowlands' involved an ex-head coach of the Jets and onetime Philadelphia Eagle.

Still, my fav. game to have ever attended, of course...

Ah, no it did'nt, Al Groh was the head coach, unless Groh was on the Eagles and I just did'nt know it, then I apologize.

Semper fi

I turned this game off after it started looking like a Dolphins blow out. I'm still pissed off about that to this day.

Ah, no it did'nt, Al Groh was the head coach, unless Groh was on the Eagles and I just did'nt know it, then I apologize.

Semper fi

No - I'm referring to 'Miracle at the Meadowlands'.

It involved Herm Edwards as a player on the Eagles. Game against the Giants, Giants were winning and running out the clock. Edwards recovered a fumble and and ran it back for a touchdown, winning it for the Eagles.

Pretty much the impetus for every coach calling the 'kneel down' to run out the clock - and might be the reason that Edwards, a relatively unknown and buried on the depth chart, got to stay with the Birds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_at_the_Meadowlands

As a side note, when Edwards was coaching the jets, before every game he walked to that spot of the field and touched it before every game.

No - I'm referring to 'Miracle at the Meadowlands'.

It involved Herm Edwards as a player on the Eagles. Game against the Giants, Giants were winning and running out the clock. Edwards recovered a fumble and and ran it back for a touchdown, winning it for the Eagles.

Pretty much the impetus for every coach calling the 'kneel down' to run out the clock - and might be the reason that Edwards, a relatively unknown and buried on the depth chart, got to stay with the Birds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_at_the_Meadowlands

As a side note, when Edwards was coaching the jets, before every game he walked to that spot of the field and touched it before every game.

My bad it did not even click for me, I know exactly what your talking about:confused0058:

Semper fi

Ok since the game got postponed last night & they will have to re-sched. anyway, now is the time to move our home pre- season game against Wash. to Shea and they can make that JET NIGHT at Shea,I think it would be awesome...

Hell no.

Not only would that cost way too much money, but it would just be flat out dumb and would take away any chances of the New Jersey fans actually going to the game with pleasure. I'd be selling those tickets in a heartbeat.

Hell no.

Not only would that cost way too much money, but it would just be flat out dumb and would take away any chances of the New Jersey fans actually going to the game with pleasure. I'd be selling those tickets in a heartbeat.

why? that would be awesome, one last game. I would even try to make it from the Poconos!

Archived