Can you people read my camp preview on the front page?

TomShane

We're having some technical difficulties with the Sportspyder thing on the front page so articles are hidden (sorry Lag, faba!), but I have to send out my camp preview to our affiliate sites and I was hoping for some feedback before I sent it. Thanks

Really good article Tom- the Jets have a lot riding on Jones being the man at right tackle with no real great alternative if he is not.

Martin is underappreciated - there I said it. he just goes out his whole career and quietly does his job- but it today era of football I think we need to score with some big plays more on offense. You can not expect to drive 80 or so yards down the field on good defenses ver y many times at 3.5 yards a clip

Godd article.

Does Scott Gragg take JetBlue to JFK or Southwest to Islip, and is his flight booked for the day after the 1st or 2nd preseason game?

I'm starting to think that unless Law settles for a work-good 1 year minimal contract he isn't coming here. And that Henderson might very well patch a secondary out of the parts already here.

Damn I would correct these typos. But then TomShane will tell me I was a micromanager! :shock:

But please keep the corrections coming. I am loving it. Gonna go check for dangling participles now.

You can not expect to drive 80 or so yards down the field on good defenses ver y many times at 3.5 yards a clip

i couldn't agree more faba, i have been saying that for years. the jets have little ability to make big plays and the 2 'big play' guys (jordan, moss) are gone. the offense sorely needs an explosive back or reciever to go with the 3 yds and cloud of dust that they bring. that being said this is the best D the jets have had in my lifetime and if dinger/pennington can put up 20+ a game the team should do well.

I really liked the article, you hit the nail on the head for about 90% of it.

I will even take the Herm bashing because it is so old and tired. It is like Granpa farting in the corner. It is certainly not pleasant, but we all tolerate it without a word.

BZ

HA! Shows what YOU people know! I just edited it and came up with AT LEAST 30 more typos and horrible sentence constructions. :lol::lol::lol:

shane and all other herm haters:

the end of your article is laughable. herm is the HC, he is the one ultimately accountable for the teams record. to say that dinger and hendu are in charge is flat out wrong.

if the team has a great year you will give all the credit to hendu/dinger - if they fail, it will be herm's fault. you can't have it both ways. herm's style of coaching is different, he is like a CEO.

do you think Jack Welch could have assembled a dishwasher?

herm is there to organize, sign-off on gameplans, evaluate personnel, and like any CEO make decisions. i gaurantee you that herm is involved in the gameplanning process, just b/c he doesn't call the plays does make him an absentee coach. too much if made of this 'master-motivator' crap. yes, herm motivates multi-millionaires to play hard, but that is just a portion of what he does and may not do that any better than anyone else.

herm is a good coach in this league, not a great coach but good. he hopefully is on his way to being great but that like the all other things takes time. to date - herm has a better record in his first 4 years than BB, so give credit where it is due.

shane and all other herm haters:

the end of your article is laughable. herm is the HC, he is the one ultimately accountable for the teams record. to say that dinger and hendu are in charge is flat out wrong.

if the team has a great year you will give all the credit to hendu/dinger - if they fail, it will be herm's fault. you can't have it both ways. herm's style of coaching is different, he is like a CEO.

do you think Jack Welch could have assembled a dishwasher?

herm is there to organize, sign-off on gameplans, evaluate personnel, and like any CEO make decisions. i gaurantee you that herm is involved in the gameplanning process, just b/c he doesn't call the plays does make him an absentee coach. too much if made of this 'master-motivator' crap. yes, herm motivates multi-millionaires to play hard, but that is just a portion of what he does and may not do that any better than anyone else.

herm is a good coach in this league, not a great coach but good. he hopefully is on his way to being great but that like the all other things takes time. to date - herm has a better record in his first 4 years than BB, so give credit where it is due.

Like that's any different to his blind supporters blaming everyone and everything under the sun except for Herm himself.

Chad's shoulder, Chad's wrist;

bad coordinator Hacket, bad coordinator Cotrell;

Martin's ankles, Jordan's "attitude";

slow linebackers, young/raw linebackers;

slow safeties, young/raw safeties

overrated RT, inexperienced RT (coming soon);

If Herm was capable of dictating ANY gameplan at all, on offense OR defense (other than his full-time cover-2 scheme without the personnel for it), less credit would go to the coordinators who righted the ship.

I love how Herm is now not only on a coaching par with Bill Belichick, but is on a CEO-par with Jack friggin' Welch as well.

Great points in this thing, and it is scary to believe that our two biggest game changing players Moss and Jordan were replaced on offense with Coles, and undersized player, whose speed does not stretch the field, and Jolley, and good receiving TE with bad blocking ability. I doubt either of these players will have the influence that moss had, (even with his injuries, and jordan (even off the bench).

[herm is a good coach in this league, not a great coach but good. he hopefully is on his way to being great but that like the all other things takes time. to date - herm has a better record in his first 4 years than BB, so give credit where it is due.

Why do you Hermophiles always leave out facts

when promoting the Grillmaster?? Herm has a

better record then BB in his first 4 years?

Yes but what you leave out is BB took over a

3-13 Team! Hermie took over a 9-7 Team and has

never done better then 10-6 and won the division

with a 9-7 record!!Not to mention 4 first rd picks

in their 2nd season!! The Martinette's do the same

Stuff!! I remember the Glee when he passed Jim Browns

yardage..They left out the part where it took Martin 700

more carries to get the same yardage as Brown! :roll:

First of all lets get 1 thing straight here.

Santana Moss did absolutely nothing as a WR last season. Stretching the field my a**. More like stretching his legs on the sidelines.

Coles is FAR BETTER at stretching out defenses and splitting safeties than Santana ever was and ever will.

First of all lets get 1 thing straight here.

Santana Moss did absolutely nothing as a WR last season. Stretching the field my a**. More like stretching his legs on the sidelines.

Coles is FAR BETTER at stretching out defenses and splitting safeties than Santana ever was and ever will.

While I agree Moss did play like a Pussy during the

regular season if it wasn't for him and Tongue we

would have lost the Pitt Playoff Game 20-3!!!I agree

on Coles always liked his Tude!!

:wink:

Why do you Hermophiles always leave out facts

when promoting the Grillmaster?? Herm has a

better record then BB in his first 4 years?

Yes but what you leave out is BB took over a

3-13 Team! Hermie took over a 9-7 Team and has

never done better then 10-6 and won the division

with a 9-7 record!!Not to mention 4 first rd picks

in their 2nd season!! The Martinette's do the same

Stuff!! I remember the Glee when he passed Jim Browns

yardage..They left out the part where it took Martin 700

more carries to get the same yardage as Brown! :roll:

All you posters with a agenda out there, take note of the ease in which Savage glides from the topic at hand,(Herm) into Martin whom by the way , he has nothing against. :wink:

Well done. =D>=D>

All you posters with a agenda out there, take note of the ease in which Savage glides from the topic at hand,(Herm) into Martin whom by the way , he has nothing against. :wink:

Well done. =D>=D>

I know this is hard for you to grasp but I was

putting down Hermophiles and Martinette's for

leaving out Facts when they praise a player or

Coach!! I didn't say anything about Herm directly

or Martin!! I stated facts which you Guys hate!! :roll:

My Agenda as you put it is to keep

it real..Something that many of you have a problem

with!! :lol:

Nice read (except for the typos, I hope they haven't put your name on that diploma just yet). I have to disagree on the significance on losing Jordan though. While I was and still am a Jordan fan, he wasn't used properly and never was a game changer any game in which the Jets played! Had he been used properly, I believe he could have been a game changer but in reality in reality the Jets will only be using Jordan a little less next year than they used him in the four years that he was on he team.

Despite Moss' injury last year, he did spread the field and impacted the game. You all must have forgotten the impact he had in the two playoff games. The 47 yd. STRETCHING THE FIELD TD pass against the chargers against to SD db's, and the game changing punt return for a td against the Steelers. To say that he wasn't an impact player that was the only speedster on offense is ludicrous.

If you can name another player on the offense that was quicker and put fear into the defense I would love to hear it.

Martin-consistent but is not fast enough to break the big one (only 7 rushes of more than 20 yds last year)

Sowell-FB's don't worry defenses despite his many 4 yd receptions

McCareins- was a deep threat with the Titans with a 17+ YPC pretty much leading the league in that category. As a Jet, there was no speed, did well as a possesion receiver but he is nothing more than a solid #2 wr at best

Chrebet- one concussion and he's dead, only a posession wr

Carter- Speedster, yes, but doesn't run good enough routes or have the hands to have the DC worrying about him as a 4th wr

Cotchery- Will be good in my opinion, you don't shatter Tory Holt's receiving records at NC State unless you have some ability, but not a threat

Becht-More of a threat to the Jets that to a defense, so glad he's gone!!!

So basically Moss was the only player on offense at which the opposing DC had to adjust to and worry about. It is because of Moss' speed that there isn't 8 or 9 in the box to stop Martin.

Coles although having a supposed 4.1/40 speed isn't a down the field player. He's a very fast, undersized, possesion receiver. He isn't threatening to a opposing DC and uses his speed on crossing routes and not on deep posts or out routes.

Archived