Jets Strike Out Third in free agency (Pat Williams to Vikes)

RichardSeymour

It's being reported that Williams signed with the Vikes.

Vikings | Williams Agrees to Three-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:42:03 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed free agent DT Pat Williams (Bills) to a three-year, $13 million contract including $6 million in bonus money. The deal also includes incentives that could eventually reach $15 million.

Wow, not even that bad a contract on the face of it.

Pretty good contract, actually.

What was that 4th prize, Ham?

Now, I'm starting to get pissed.

What the f*ck are you doing Bradway? Interviewing some scrub from the Giants while our two most coveted free agents get snapped up? Not to mention letting Lamont and Fergy walk.

Bradway better do something and do it fast or his ass should be on the f*cking chopping block. I better see Fred Smoot in a god damn Jets uniform as soon as I get out of bed tomorrow.

Jesus Christ, could we possibly have a s#ittier organization?

This was actually a pretty good price for a DT of Williams pedigree and quality.

Only 6 mil guaranteed? Not bad at ALL....

I agree about Williams I was just speaking in general terms. If the Jets gave him 10 million I wouldn't have blinked. This was one that hurt.

I agree about Williams I was just speaking in general terms. If the Jets gave him 10 million I wouldn't have blinked. This was one that hurt.

Yeah, I do agree that often players get wildly overpaid in the initial flurry.

You're absolutely right, IMO, to be upset at losing Williams and happy you didn't sign Jennings to a huge contract.

Archived