NY Times Article - Walsh has submitted tapes

apopip

Ex-Patriots Assistant Sends the N.F.L. Eight Tapes

By GREG BISHOP

Published: May 8, 2008

A former New England Patriots employee has sent the N.F.L. eight videotapes showing the team recorded play-calling signals by coaches of five opponents in six games between the 2000 and 2002 seasons, in violation of league rules.

Skip to next paragraph

But the group of tapes does not include video of the St. Louis Rams

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So at the end of the day, the tape that the big blowhard said he had all along is nowhere to be found. What are the odds that the tapes he turned in are copies of the ones that the Patriots already handed over? :lol:

So at the end of the day, the tape that the big blowhard said he had all along is nowhere to be found. What are the odds that the tapes he turned in are copies of the ones that the Patriots already handed over? :lol:

If this article is correct then they are not the same...

The NFL now has received SIXTEEN videos which prove that Belicheck has been breaking the rules from 2000 up to game 1 of 2008 (if not longer)...

It'll be interesting to see if Walsh has any information on if the Patriots were using such tapes during games, or if they were just for preparation when he meets with Specter and Goodell in 6 days.

If I remember correctly, there were also some rumors about radio frequencies...It'll be interesting to see if Walsh has any info in that field as well.

If this article is correct then they are not the same...

The NFL now has received SIXTEEN videos which prove that Belicheck has been breaking the rules from 2000 up to game 1 of 2008 (if not longer)...

It'll be interesting to see if Walsh has any information on if the Patriots were using such tapes during games, or if they were just for preparation when he meets with Specter and Goodell in 6 days.

If I remember correctly, there were also some rumors about radio frequencies...It'll be interesting to see if Walsh has any info in that field as well.

Although it proves that he was taping since 2000, it doesn't add much as BB told Godell he has been taping since 2000. He turned over tapes from 2005 & 2006, because all the tapes from earlier year had already been taped over. So if anybody thought BB was lying when he said he has been doing since 2000, this new evidence confirms BB was telling the truth.

BB has never denied taping opposing coaches signals. BB's contention is that the rule says you can't tape the other coaches signals and use that tape in the same game, but the rules does not say you can't tape and use to prepare for a future game.

Although it proves that he was taping since 2000, it doesn't add much as BB told Godell he has been taping since 2000. He turned over tapes from 2005 & 2006, because all the tapes from earlier year had already been taped over. So if anybody thought BB was lying when he said he has been doing since 2000, this new evidence confirms BB was telling the truth.

BB has never denied taping opposing coaches signals. BB's contention is that the rule says you can't tape the other coaches signals and use that tape in the same game, but the rules does not say you can't tape and use to prepare for a future game.

These are eight new tapes and a witness to the whole operation. Pats will forever be known as cheaters.

Alk

So at the end of the day, the tape that the big blowhard said he had all along is nowhere to be found. What are the odds that the tapes he turned in are copies of the ones that the Patriots already handed over?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2002/playoffs/news/2002/01/27/patriots_steelers_ap/

I had misremembered that Brady was hurt and Bledsoe took over for the Steelers game in '02. No wonder they had to cheat! :thumbup:

Nice try, Alk. I love ya man, but even you have to admit that this has the smell of poo all over it. If they had tapes of the stillers one game prior to the infamous rams walk through, it not such a strecth to believe such tapes exist. Regardless, tapes showing the coaches signals relative to actual plays ran in the same scene is enough for me to throw the book at "the cheaters."

706339.JPG

"The Commissioner sought to downplay the issue about the utility, but from information we've received, there was opportunity for the signal to be transmitted to the quarterbacks so they could utilize these signals that they taped in violation of NFL rules."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/13/roger-goodell-arlen-specter-say-bill-belichick-has-taped-patrio/

"The Commissioner sought to downplay the issue about the utility, but from information we've received, there was opportunity for the signal to be transmitted to the quarterbacks so they could utilize these signals that they taped in violation of NFL rules."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/13/roger-goodell-arlen-specter-say-bill-belichick-has-taped-patrio/

if they had "live feed" capability during games...hell yeah that would be seriously helpful..it wouldn't take one qurater to figure out the calls,,HUGE ADVANTAGE

Doesn't seem like there's anything new here. Lil Bill admitted he taped games. he just acted like "Huh?, what? That's against the rules? Who would of thought it?

What Walsh has to say means nothing. He needs direct evidence. His credibility isn't to high.

Move on

I love how so many Jets fans will do anything to downplay the Pats achievements even if it means to live by some bullsh*t story and rumors about a huge conspiracy. There is no more big news, yes they taped signals, end of story it already got dealt with. Nothing else will happen, can you people just shut up about it already.

Did you even read the article? HE never said it. Your precious Boston Herald did.

Maybe YOU should know the rule before you actually post. You sound like Beliprick . :rl:

I love how so many Jets fans will do anything to downplay the Pats achievements even if it means to live by some bullsh*t story and rumors about a huge conspiracy. There is no more big news, yes they taped signals, end of story it already got dealt with. Nothing else will happen, can you people just shut up about it already.

They don't have any achievements. When you cheat you look a lot better than you are, but some people are either in denial or can't see that.

It will be downplayed to being nothing.

Then congress will get involved and ask for the tapes this time before Goodell has the NFL destroy them.

BB gets of scot free of any further damage to his already tarnished reputation.

Okay, so theres no tape from the Pats-Rams Super Bowl surfacing, yet, but there is for the 2001 AFC Championship just two weeks before. But hey, its oky that they cheated, right? Its just a conspiracy. There's no evidence or anything. :eek:

:lol:

Here is a picture of the genius Boston Globe writer who made up the story about Walsh having a tape of the Rams walkthrough. Infact, Walsh never even has spoken to this guy (John Tomase).

johntomase.jpg

Wow, so no walk-through now? Now there's evidence of taping offensive signals and taping of AFC championship games? Pats are frauds! Its beyond me why Belicheat still has a job...this is such BS.

Maybe YOU should know the rule before you actually post.

let me bold this correctly for you....

BB has never denied taping opposing coaches signals. BB's contention is that the rule says you can't tape the other coaches signals and use that tape in the same game,but the rules does not say you can't tape and use to prepare for a future game.

Maybe YOU should learn to READ.

I wasn't discussing the rule. I was discussing that BB never claimed not to tape. He claimed the taping was legal.

But if you want to discuss the rule. The rule is ambiguous. I am not saying Godell's interpretation is wrong. But BB's interpretation is plausible.

let me bold this correctly for you....

BB has never denied taping opposing coaches signals. BB's contention is that the rule says you can't tape the other coaches signals and use that tape in the same game,but the rules does not say you can't tape and use to prepare for a future game.

Maybe YOU should learn to READ.

I wasn't discussing the rule. I was discussing that BB never claimed not to tape. He claimed the taping was legal.

But if you want to discuss the rule. The rule is ambiguous. I am not saying Godell's interpretation is wrong. But BB's interpretation is plausible.

I know you're a Pats homer but you seriously cannot buy that bullsh*t legalese argument from Bill Belichick.

There is no way a reasonable person in BB's position would think it's legally OK to tape and steal signals from other coaches. It's never been accepted practice in the NFL. Oh yeah, and if you watch the 2002 game it's crystal clear that the taping was used to steal signals and that the Pats defense used those signals DURING THAT GAME. I remember specifically bright as day a play where the Steelers where about to set up the LOS and all the Pats LB's, including Bryan Cox, yelled at the top their lungs "Shovel Pass" and guess what play the Steelers ran that got stuffed? You cannot seriously tell me that was a coincidence that the Pats had immediate access to edited footage of Steelers' coaches signals and then all of a sudden they somehow know everything the Steelers are going to do on offense. Yeah, I'm sure the taping had nothing to do with it.

I know the NFL will give Beliprick a slap on the wrist for this, maybe take a future 2nd round pick. Your boy is a cheater and your championships are tainted to say the least.

The Associated Press reports the story, with league spokesman Greg Aiello saying: "This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew."

nfl issued an email last night on these new tapes. I beleive that the nfl will do nothing but officially put this thing to bed

Archived