NY Times Article - Walsh has submitted tapes

apopip

The Associated Press reports the story, with league spokesman Greg Aiello saying: "This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew."

nfl issued an email last night on these new tapes. I beleive that the nfl will do nothing but officially put this thing to bed

But it tells us things we didn't know,such as the patriots were stealing offensive signals as well.Goodell has butchered the handling of this,we didn't know that the cheating had been going on since 2000 until Specter forced him to spill.

The reason this thing is such a media circus is because the NFL haven't been forthcoming with what the patriots have admitted to.

But it tells us things we didn't know,such as the patriots were stealing offensive signals as well.Goodell has butchered the handling of this,we didn't know that the cheating had been going on since 2000 until Specter forced him to spill.

The reason this thing is such a media circus is because the NFL haven't been forthcoming with what the patriots have admitted to.

It doesn't matter what fans think. the bottom line the nfl has said this is consistent with what they knew was going on and in their eyes the matter is closed.

everybody talks about that the steelers afc game ,but there were other games in 2002 that were taped as well that the pats got crushed in. the san diego game the pats got killed in that game as well as the miami one.

Just curious here. Do you think that was game altering competitive advantage (including pats fans opinons)?

In that game I dont think so. offense only scored 7 pts the rest was from special teams, and you have to admit kordell stewart was awful in that game. he missed quite a few open receivers.

Just curious here. Do you think that was game altering competitive advantage (including pats fans opinons)?

So, they edit the film to show two angles for each play - yet it can be used in-game?? Are you all high???? It's for scouting purposes only - which every other team does....but my Patsies get villified for it. Everbody hates a winner, I guess. ;)

Stiller, do you really think Pitt could have won that game with Kordell Stewart at QB? C'mon now.....

What this whole thing says to me is this:

VINDICATION!

What I would like to see is this:

John Tommasse lose his job and be subject to a public lynching in the Boston Commons. Irrisponsible journalism at it's worst, people!

ESPN apologize for turning into TMZ

Walsh and his attorney get raked over the coals for letting the false allegations linger and creating a sh*t storm made of nothing.

Pats win it all this season while giving everyone that did not beleive in them a big 'ole middle finger.

The Steeler's owner himself came out and said he didn't feel it made any difference in the outcome.

So, they edit the film to show two angles for each play - yet it can be used in-game?? Are you all high???? It's for scouting purposes only - which every other team does....but my Patsies get villified for it. Everbody hates a winner, I guess. ;)

Stiller, do you really think Pitt could have won that game with Kordell Stewart at QB? C'mon now.....

VINDICATION!

John Tommasse lose his job and be subject to a public lynching in the Boston Commons. Irrisponsible journalism at it's worst, people!

Walsh and his attorney get raked over the coals for letting the false allegations linger and creating a sh*t storm made of nothing.

Pats win it all this season while giving everyone that did not beleive in them a big 'ole middle finger.

So stealing offensive signals, and taping a AFC championship game (from 2 angles) is "scouting"? For what? Next year? Give me a break.

VINDICATION!

No i did not have confidence that Kordell could win that game. But neither did i think Eli could beat them in the SB. But damn, it always seemed like the pats D either knew what was coming or happened to have the right guys at the right place every play. That particular game was a nip/tuck game the whole way for sure and like others stated the patsy's got ST scores as well. But as that game progressed we could see more and more frustration build up with Kordell. If you were a Steelers fan you would damn well be wondering as well.

In that game I dont think so. offense only scored 7 pts the rest was from special teams, and you have to admit kordell stewart was awful in that game. he missed quite a few open receivers.

All your games are won with special teams....

And rightly so

They shut down Kordell who got them to the AFC Championship....Kordell had a good year

The Pats knew the plays that were coming

No brainer here....I think Congress will have a field day with this one, even though the higher ups in the NFL just want to sweep it under the rug

The Steeler's owner himself came out and said he didn't feel it made any difference in the outcome.

the owners want the cheating cleaned up QUIETLY.

they make their money by being the fans favorite sport,,the owners do not want a scandal that will hurt football so they are united publicly to keep quiet and sweep under carpet..

But they want the cheating that was done by Pats to be cleaned up,, quietly ..

Forget the owners, they are probably all involved also. (I.E. Baseball/steriods) its about the fans and people who think this game is 'pure' and actually decided with the players on the field. People pay good money to watch these games and purchase merchandise etc.

they make their money by being the fans favorite sport,,the owners do not want a scandal that will hurt football so they are united publicly to keep quiet and sweep under carpet..

As i just posted on a Steeler board.... I would LOVE to sit down with Bill Cowher for and hour or so and have an OFF THE RECORD discussion about the 2002 and 2004 AFCC games.

Obviously the taping was done in an attempt to gain a competitive advantage. Why do it if you don't think it will help. However, to what ever extent the taping the AFC championship game afforded the Pats it wasn't for that game but in the season opener the following season.

It should surprise no one that the tape that was most carefully used was one used to prepare for game one of the season. Whereas you spend one week preparing for most game, you can spend months preparing for your week 1 game.

So the Patriots took the time to correlate the film of several different cameras both legal and not legal during the off season to prepare for a team that was one of the best in the AFC. And one in which they had extra time for film study.

Obviously the Pats decided that the level of time commitment but into that tape was not worth it because none of the later tapes have that level of processing.

At no time during this entire incident has BB been caught lying or changing his story so absence a real contradiction to what he has said I have to go with him telling the truth about how they were used and their value.

By real contridition I mean someone actually saying "I saw them being used during the game" Not some one speculating they could have been used during the game or an unnamed source of a journalist that has an ax to grind.

The AFC championship game was the first time the Pats had played the Steelers since BB becoming head coach so there could not have been a tape of a prior Steelers game.

Therefore it is quite possible the taping game the Pats an advantage in the following year's 30-14 victory of the Steelers, it had no effect on the AFC Championship game.

Obviously the taping was done in an attempt to gain a competitive advantage. Why do it if you don't think it will help. However, to what ever extent the taping the AFC championship game afforded the Pats it wasn't for that game but in the season opener the following season.

It should surprise no one that the tape that was most carefully used was one used to prepare for game one of the season. Whereas you spend one week preparing for most game, you can spend months preparing for your week 1 game.

So the Patriots took the time to correlate the film of several different cameras both legal and not legal during the off season to prepare for a team that was one of the best in the AFC. And one in which they had extra time for film study.

Obviously the Pats decided that the level of time commitment but into that tape was not worth it because none of the later tapes have that level of processing.

At no time during this entire incident has BB been caught lying or changing his story so absence a real contradiction to what he has said I have to go with him telling the truth about how they were used and their value.

By real contridition I mean someone actually saying "I saw them being used during the game" Not some one speculating they could have been used during the game or an unnamed source of a journalist that has an ax to grind.

The AFC championship game was the first time the Pats had played the Steelers since BB becoming head coach so there could not have been a tape of a prior Steelers game.

Therefore it is quite possible the taping game the Pats an advantage in the following year's 30-14 victory of the Steelers, it had no effect on the AFC Championship game.

Dude don't you DARE come on here and post logical well thought out posts. It makes me feel guilty calling your team cheaters when you break it down like that.

:)

Let's just leave it at they cheated and call it a day. :rl:

To all the people who think the taping has no effect during the game, you're fools. All of this information is used during the game at some point, do not be fooled. Teams change signals each offseason, so whats the point of taping an AFC Championship Game's signals if you can't use them? For kicks? Please.

The other question i have is how the F would BB even know his team played the Steelers the first game or even early on the next season?

he didnt,,he just is a psycho,,gathered dat on every team for the day it was needed,,

Belly is the J Edgar Hoover of the NFL...

And rightly so

They shut down Kordell who got them to the AFC Championship....Kordell had a good year

The Pats knew the plays that were coming

Bettis was hurt the week before and had a adverse reaction to an injection prior to that game. Its of public record.

Everyone knew Pitt wasnt running the ball like they had all season with him dinged up. Pitt was unaccustomed to winning when it was all on Stewarts arm. He wasnt that type of QB.

I remember the game well. 1 td on a blocked punt, 1 td from a KO or punt return and 1 td from Bledsoe to Patten and 1 FG.

Right because there was no such thing as radio communication way back in the year 2000.

BB was HC of the Browns in the Steelers division.

BB was at Cleveland from 91-95 and Cowher at Pitt 92 - 06.

He could have very well had tape of Cowhers tendancies. In fact, BB said after the Steeler beatdown in 02 that he reviewed very old tapes that revealed the Pitt D weakness via the wide open passing attack.

Brady threw all game.

Neverthless, taping was common practice in those days.

To all the people who think the taping has no effect during the game, you're fools. All of this information is used during the game at some point, do not be fooled. Teams change signals each offseason, so whats the point of taping an AFC Championship Game's signals if you can't use them? For kicks? Please.

Love it when people justy spew stuff because they want to beleive it so bad.

The tapes that were just handed to the NFL by that loser Walsh shows that teh tape was spliced - meaning it was edited - meaning it was done after the orginal material was recorded - meaning it was used for future scouting reports on an upcoming opponenet. You see, every team does this - and they do it now - just not from teh sidelines as arrogant Bill did. However, don't let those facts get inthe way of your sorry agenda!

The tapes that were just handed to the NFL by that loser Walsh shows that teh tape was spliced - meaning it was edited - meaning it was done after the orginal material was recorded - meaning it was used for future scouting reports on an upcoming opponenet. You see, every team does this - and they do it now - just not from teh sidelines as arrogant Bill did. However, don't let those facts get inthe way of your sorry agenda!

Sorry Garb But your Logic has a Flaw, Then why kick out 500,000 and a First round draft pick? Because Bill is Innocent? Please ...Stop the Spinning ,your team Cheated and everyone knows it.But feel free to spew your craziness upon us,We will listen :rolleyes:

I know you love your team or whatever, but you are delusional. Give it up, you guys were caught and theres even more evidence of cheating...i mean 'scouting'.

The Colts must not have gotten that memo.

Which coaching staff are you on again?

Sorry Garb But your Logic has a Flaw, Then why kick out 500,000 and a First round draft pick? Because Bill is Innocent? Please ...Stop the Spinning ,your team Cheated and everyone knows it.But feel free to spew your craziness upon us,We will listen :rolleyes:

The taping occurred. The taping was used for scouting purposes. The league determined that it violated the rules. The Patriots were punished.

BB doesn't deny the taping.

Now let move to the real issues and address them logically.

Did BB think what he was doing was legal? Probably or at the very most thought that the rule was ambiguous enough that if he was "caught" the league would clarify the rule.

EM knew the Patriots did this type of taping. BB knew Eric knew. BB knew Eric didn't like him. If BB was worried about being caught (which he would have been worried about if he thought it was against the rules) he would not have continued to do it against the Jets. The fact he taped the Jets, knowing Eric knew of his taping is proof he thought it was legal.

Did the use the tapes during the games and not just for scouting purposes? BB says he they didn't. So far BB has not said anything factually untruthful. Nobody has actually claimed that the Pats did use them during the game. The only thing is people have speculated that they must have. If the Patriots used the tapes during the games. Plenty of people would know. Not only Matt Walsh, but also Eric Mangini. Given that BB has repeated said that they were not used in the game. If Eric knew that to be false would he not only have motive but a responsibility to tell RG that BB is lying?

Did the Patriots tape the Rams walk through? There is no evidence this occurred. If this had occurred and was used by the Pats coaching staff to prepare for the Rams game. Once again EM would know. And would be obligated to tell RG.

And I am not just picking on EM. Jeff Davidson, now oc of the Carolina Panthers would also know. As would Rob Ryan DC of the Raiders. And a host of college head coaches all of whom would have an obligation to come forward if BB was lying.

BB has enough enemies that if anything he has said is false. It would have publicly contradicted.

He taped from an illegal location. He was punished. There is nothing more to it.