NY Times Article - Walsh has submitted tapes

Did Goodell confirm NE used any info during a game? NO.

Ratzogate is OVAH. And, no amount of moaning and crying is going to change that fact.

It might be over but the stain that it leaves on your fraud titles isn't and never will be. BTW does anyone really believe they didn't tape walkthrough's? LMAO

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh because Jimmy Johnson said it, it must be true. I think you got it confused there, pal... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_j

Denver was over the cap when they won the Super Bowl and all they gave up was a late-round draft pick several years later. I was a lot more pissed about the spying thing before the Pats went 18-1

Because like any coach, he was searching for even more of a competitive advantage. They unfortunately cheated, which we now know but can do nothing about. It means nothing that they were the superior

Did Goodell confirm NE used any info during a game? NO.

Ratzogate is OVAH. And, no amount of moaning and crying is going to change that fact.

There's a reason the Cheaters added Dom Capers to the coaching staff. You're about to find out. :biggrin:

It might be over but the stain that it leaves on your fraud titles isn't and never will be. BTW does anyone really believe they didn't tape walkthrough's? LMAO

Apparently he's the only one who believes they didn't tape it. :rl:

Nah, you see Mikey, when NE wins it all again this year the majority will come to the realization that the NE Pats are and always were a DYNASTY.

The taping is like watering the field down before a game.

There's a reason the Cheaters added Dom Capers to the coaching staff. You're about to find out. :biggrin:

To groom Capers as the Jets 2010 HC?

You do understand that Mangina is a dead man walking? These off season moves are going to blow up in his face. Woody is not a RT, Fancea and the Pitt OL have been the Pats whipping boys forever, NE didnt want VGhol despite having a NE player work very closely with him during the off season. Do you really think if VGhol was all that NE would want to play against him twice a year?

BB will never let Gina get the best of him.

Nah, you see Mikey, when NE wins it all again this year the majority will come to the realization that the NE Pats are and always were a DYNASTY.

The taping is like watering the field down before a game.

Dynasty ?

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

The Pats have become the Yankees of the NFL. Gaggers in the post season

Dynasty ?

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

The Pats have become the Yankees of the NFL. Gaggers in the post season

:shock::rl::rl::rl: Come on now, we have a ways to go before we reach that level.

Truth is, the league is better off with tapes that showed nothing more than those that were already submitted last season.

If there was a tape of the '02 Superbowl or definitive evidence of radio tampering (even if true), that would have been worse for the league. It may have happened and it may not have happened. Because that is a type of rule-breaking that is more cheating than taking liberty with a practice employed by most (if not all) teams. They all tape the other teams' signals. Many even did it from the sideline. BB continued to after Goodell said to stop. But they all still tape signals & will again next year. So he did it from the sideline. You're not supposed to, but I'm fairly certain that even from the press box or the stands, they use cameras with zoom lenses.

It would have been better if BB simply didn't do it after Goodell said stop, because tainted Lombardi trophies are nothing that rivals have "on" each other; everyone loses, not just the reputation of BB and/or the Patriots since he took over as HC. It's like getting into a car accident that you didn't cause: you're still going to suffer even if it wasn't you that was in the wrong.

I don't think that Goodell is in the Patriots' back pocket. Rather, he realizes it is best for the league to move on. He could have levied a heavier punishment (suspend BB for the 2007 season or whatever) but it is not "good" for the rest of the league - the Jets included - if new evidence arises.

Really, this is like knowing the speed limit is 55. Everyone drives over 55 & cops allow it if it's pretty close to the speed limit. They (almost always) won't pull you over for doing 60 but they'll pull you over for doing 80. Both are still technically speeding though.

The voice of reason.

The NFL is a business. We "fanatics" love it as a sport, and live and die for "our" team, but to the owners it is a business, bottom line. "Spygate" is a threat to the integrity of the game, and therefore a threat to the cash cow the owners have been milking. Since Goodell represents the owners, he is tasked with squashing this. Why else would he destroy the tapes. If Spector, a grandstanding pol, had not made a big deal about it, mostly because of a comcast/nfl network battle, this would have been dead a long time ago.

If anyone actually read the agreement that was signed by Walsh and the NFL they would know that it was designed as a gag order. IMO, there was a tape of the Rams walk-through, but Walsh got paid, and now we just have some stuff that noone cares about.

Bottom line, if you threaten the NFL you will be discredited and threatened with litigation. Ask Walsh.

To groom Capers as the Jets 2010 HC?

You do understand that Mangina is a dead man walking? These off season moves are going to blow up in his face. Woody is not a RT, Fancea and the Pitt OL have been the Pats whipping boys forever, NE didnt want VGhol despite having a NE player work very closely with him during the off season. Do you really think if VGhol was all that NE would want to play against him twice a year?

BB will never let Gina get the best of him.

Nice way to try and change the direction of the thread away from your teams cheating ways.

And yet the NFL is still trying to hide something.... :baby:

Specter Seeks Cooperation

nfl_a_aspecter_65.jpg

Sen. Arlen Specter warned the NFL not to rush to judgment Thursday, suggesting the league is premature in trying to put the Spygate saga to rest.

Specter, R-Pa., spoke as commissioner Roger Goodell and top league officials prepared to view videotapes turned over by former New England Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh. Specter, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, has been critical of the investigation the league conducted into the Patriots' illicit taping practices.

"I think it is very unfortunate that the NFL has already started its 'nothing new' spin before watching the tapes or finding out what Matt Walsh has to say," Specter said. "Let's see where the evidence leads."

Walsh, employed by the Patriots from 1997 to 2003, is scheduled to meet with league officials Tuesday in New York. After that session, he is to travel to Washington and sit down with Specter and his staff.

Specter formally requested the league make available to him the evidence turned over by Walsh, which consists of eight tapes dating from 2000 through 2003. But as of Thursday night he had not gotten confirmation on when, or even if, he'd get the tapes.

"As a matter of basic fair play, I got to have the time to prepare," said Specter. "It's equal access … I'm waiting for them."

Goodell, however, suggested in a letter last Friday that Specter would eventually gain access to the tapes, saying: "Once I see the material I will be in a better position to respond … [i'm] confident we'll be able to make satisfactory arrangements for you or key staff to review the material."

Specter has complained about the lack of cooperation from the NFL as his staff has attempted to delve into the matter. Very few key individuals have spoken when approached by staff members. And attorneys for the Patriots and New York Jets have advised team employees against speaking with Specter.

"I got three pages of people who refused to talk to me,'' he said.

-- Mike Fish

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=fish_mike&id=3387401

Goodell, however, suggested in a letter last Friday that Specter would eventually gain access to the tapes, saying: "Once I see the material I will be in a better position to respond … [i'm] confident we'll be able to make satisfactory arrangements for you or key staff to review the material."

WTF?!!

He has to, by legal agreement, allow those individuals that Walsh agrees to allow see the tapes & yet he still is trying to keep them from Spector?!!

I think there's more here than meets the eye & GOODELL is trying to blow smoke when he can't - We have not seen the end of this by any means....

- Sorry Garb!

Senator Arlen Specter said Thursday he's concerned that the NFL has altered its story regarding the New England Patriots videotaping opposing coaches' play-calling signals in violation of league rules.

After former Patriots employee Matt Walsh agreed to turn over eight videotapes of five opponents in six games between 2000 and 2002 -- including a victory in the AFC Championship Game against the Steelers following the 2001 season -- a league spokesman said the information was "consistent'' with previous findings.

"I think it's kind of strange that they should say that before they see the tapes or hear Walsh,'' Specter told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "They originally said they only had them from '06 and '07. Then, they changed their story, having them back to 2000. Then, they said it was only defensive signals. Now, they've admitted it's offensive signals. They haven't explained why they destroyed the tapes or the notes. And their excuse is pretty flimsy.''

Specter said he's "particularly interested'' in New England's 24-17 win over the Steelers in the title game Jan. 27, 2002, at Heinz Field.

he tape from that game is the most detailed among the eight, featuring two angles of each play, the New York Times reported.

"The commissioner (Roger Goodell) had told me when I met with him that they had destroyed notes they had of the taping of the Steelers' game,'' Specter said. "The league has never explained why they destroyed the notes, just like they never explained why they destroyed the notes in the Jets' game (in the 2007 opener).''

Linebacker Larry Foote joined the Steelers the season after the championship game and started against the Patriots when the teams met in the title game three years later. He believes the Patriots may have gained an advantage by taping signals, but he doesn't know how much.

"If they know our defense, that's a big advantage,'' Foote said yesterday. "But we don't know the degree of it. We'll never know the degree of it.''

Walsh, who agreed to turn over the tapes and other evidence after reaching an agreement with the league, is scheduled to meet separately with Goodell and Specter next Tuesday.

"I'm looking to find out just exactly how they did it and the specifics of getting the signals on the sideline and then comparing it to the play,'' Specter said. "I want to know who authorized it and who all was involved.

"You could have the championship in question. You could have the outcome of the Steelers' game in question. You could have a serious impact on the reputations of the people who are supposed to be involved.''

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_566577.html

Totally agree with the bold statement.

Oh because Jimmy Johnson said it, it must be true.

I think you got it confused there, pal...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3017423

So a former Super Bowl winning Head Coach goes on the radio and stated that he taped signals years ago but you don't believe him? Why would Jimmy Johnson lie about that?

Jimmy Johnson thinks Spygate is overblown

We originally posted this WFAN interview as having been conducted during Super Bowl week. It actually dates back to September. Regardless, it

So a former Super Bowl winning Head Coach goes on the radio and stated that he taped signals years ago but you don't believe him? Why would Jimmy Johnson lie about that?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-is-overblown/

Get of your high horse. If you don't believe what a former Head Coach has to say then you obviously have an agenda.

how does that make it right?

Nice way to try and change the direction of the thread away from your teams cheating ways.

I aint changing anything.

BB isnt going anywhere as long as Ratzo is in the AFCE. After the 2009 season Ratzo iwill be fired. Just watch.

how does that make it right?

Where did I say it made it right? I was pointing out the fact that taping signals is nothing new.

Some fans are treating this like the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of professional sports.

Where did I say it made it right? I was pointing out the fact that taping signals is nothing new.

Some fans are treating this like the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of professional sports.

The need for or the potential need for an asterisk next to three Super Bowls is nothing to be taken lightly. It's sort of a big game.

What I really love is how Patriot fans try and make it sound like the Pats gained no advantage by cheating. That's some funny stuff right there. The height of denial.

The need for or the potential need for an asterisk next to three Super Bowls is nothing to be taken lightly. It's sort of a big game.

What I really love is how Patriot fans try and make it sound like the Pats gained no advantage by cheating. That's some funny stuff right there. The height of denial.

Where did I say anything of the sort?

Do you not believe what Jimmy Johnson said? Should the Cowboys 2 Super Bowl wins be stripped because they taped signals?

It is

It is

I'm actually liking the fact that the Pats are the most hated team in the NFL.

Some Jets fans have so much blind hatred for the Pats that they dismiss comments from a former Coach admitting he did the same thing as Belichick.

I'm actually liking the fact that the Pats are the most hated team in the NFL.

Some Jets fans have so much blind hatred for the Pats that they dismiss comments from a former Coach admitting he did the same thing as Belichick.

again how does it make it better, all you have now is two wrong people instead of one. I love when simple minded people think that more than one person doing something wrong somehow makes it right. IT does not matter how many people did it, it is still wrong and it is still cheating.

again how does it make it better, all you have now is two wrong people instead of one. I love when simple minded people think that more than one person doing something wrong somehow makes it right. IT does not matter how many people did it, it is still wrong and it is still cheating.

Good lord Arsis. Where did I say it makes it better?

Jimmy Johnson did the same thing as Bill Belichick. Where is the ridiculous outrage about the '90's Cowboys?

Please answer the question.

Let's say for a moment that taping signals from the FORBBIDEN part of the field (yes, FORBBIDEN, since it's allowed in designated areas) is the most horrid thing to ever happen in professional sports ('cause Jest fans want it to be so)....seeing that Mangini was a secondary coach as well as DC with NE - hmmmm.....then, quite frankly, as part of the coaching staff, he willingly participated in the evil act. What a friggin' scumbag! :P

No that was the Red Sox winning the World Series. This Patriots fiasco is a close 2nd though.

No that was the Red Sox winning the World Series. This Patriots fiasco is a close 2nd though.

Was listening to local FoxSports broadcast this evening. Rumor has it that the Patriots have an interesting press release to be unloaded as soon as Roger Goodell has his. Rumor says it's VERY interesting. It appears that the Pats (so says this broadcast) has taken one for the team here (meaning the entire NFL) and perhaps....just perhaps...enough is enough. Should be fun!

The Red Sox stole signals as well!

There is no Pats fiasco. The Pats are pretty good.

The Red Sox stole signals as well!

There is no Pats fiasco. The Pats are pretty good.

I agree, they are pretty good. The Giants were very good though. That is one of the primary reasons why the Pats lost the big game.

True. 18-1.

We agree. That is a very impressive record. What does the 2nd place trophy look like? They didn't televise that part on Super Bowl Sunday?

Just busting man...

Good lord Arsis. Where did I say it makes it better?

Jimmy Johnson did the same thing as Bill Belichick. Where is the ridiculous outrage about the '90's Cowboys?

Please answer the question.

do you have the tapes from the cowboys? You're implying that since other teams did it that it's alright that the pats did it. There is no other logical conclusion from the premises of your argument.

Pats taped signals

others team did it as well

Therefore: it's not so bad that the pats taped signals.

What other argument were you going for? that the other teams that did it were not punished? They weren't caught. too bad, **** happens. Not everyone who speeds gets caught that doesn't mean that the person who gets caught doesn't get punished.

do you have the tapes from the cowboys? You're implying that since other teams did it that it's alright that the pats did it. There is no other logical conclusion from the premises of your argument.

Pats taped signals

others team did it as well

Therefore: it's not so bad that the pats taped signals.

What other argument were you going for? that the other teams that did it were not punished? They weren't caught. too bad, **** happens. Not everyone who speeds gets caught that doesn't mean that the person who gets caught doesn't get punished.

Do I have the tapes? No. All I have is the Coach of a multiple Super Bowl winner admitting he taped signals.

If that's not good enough for you then I don't know what is.

So If Mangini didn't throw the Pats under the bus it would be OK that the Pats taped signals. Is that what you are saying?

Jimmy Johnson is ok because he didn't get caught? You are making no sense at all.

Do I have the tapes? No. All I have is the Coach of a multiple Super Bowl winner admitting he taped signals.

If that's not good enough for you then I don't know what is.

So If Mangini didn't throw the Pats under the bus it would be OK that the Pats taped signals. Is that what you are saying?

Jimmy Johnson is ok because he didn't get caught? You are making no sense at all.

I'm saying that there is no proof he did it beside his word and if he is admitting to cheating his word doesn't mean much. I'm saying that what happened in the past with the cowboys is not relevant to this situation in the least bit. How does someone selling drugs and making million in the 90's and getting away with it have anything ot do with the millionaire drug dealer who got caught in 2008. Same situation, if said drug dealer from the 90's went on national TV and admitted to dealing drugs 15 years ago he would not be able to be charged based on that admission along. There are things such as standards of evidence and statutes of limitations. The Patriots cheated and got caught, there is nothing you can say to lessen that. It doesn't matter if someone else did it as well they were completly wrong to do it. It doesn't matter that you're allowed to tape from certain places or not. They broke rules that were there so teams can maintain a competitive advantage and all of their victories are tainted. If they win 2-3 more superbowls after this point in time; without cheating that is the only time where I will say that the three past superbowls were not tainted.

I'm saying that there is no proof he did it beside his word

He admits he did it but you don't believe it. That make no sense at all. What more do you want?