NY Times Article - Walsh has submitted tapes

apopip

Why would you defend a troll ? j/k Wanted to get in another troll usage. :biggrin: BTW: Can I borrow some of Mad Mikes if he has any left over? :biggrin:

He is fresh out as well. Show up early on 1/1/09 and we can give you a new allotment.

Thanks!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you have no outrage over what JJ did back in the day because it happened 20 plus years ago? Thats bullcrap.

If the Arizona Cardinals taped signals would you give a crap?

There is no integrity in the NFL. It's all about winning.

If the cardinals did it I would be just as pissed, especially if they ended up winning three super bowls they didn't deserve to win.

Nobody, including myself, has any problem admitting that other teams have CHEATED (stop saying stole signals, just use the word cheating -- its okay). But for every team that does, another two or three teams do not. Hopefully now that a team was finally caught, this crap has been and will be ending.

not cheated . Its a rules infraction. Goodell even said in his presser that its legal to scout signals.

Funniest part of all these threads is that jets fans hated BB before spygate ever came out. Its not like you guys had respect for him before this.

Its not about a Jets/Pats rivalry, many other fans of teams got hosed also. In case you haven't noticed everywhere the Pats go they get booed...its not just by Jets fans, and its not because of your "recent success".

Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh told commissioner Roger Goodell that he passed along information from the Rams' walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI to a Patriots assistant coach, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported.

Paolantonio attributed the information to a league attorney present at the press conference and present in the meeting. The Boston Globe has a transcript here.

Walsh provided this information when questioned by NFL security chief Milt Ahlerich. Two things Walsh said he passed along to a Patriots assistant: Rams running back Marshall Faulk lined up as a kick returner during the walk-through, and the Rams rolled a tight end a certain way based on a certain look from the defense.

We can never know much credence the Patriots might have given to information provided by a low-level video assistant through an assistant coach one day before a game. We can confirm that Faulk returned a single kickoff for a single yard against the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI. Rams tight ends Ernie Conwell and Jeff Robinson caught four passes for 26 yards.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-7-170/Paolantonio--Walsh-fed-walk-through-info-to-coach.html

Funniest part of all these threads is that jets fans hated BB before spygate ever came out. Its not like you guys had respect for him before this.

I don't respect anyone I don't know, I also don't respect anyone who is so useless to society as a whole that he works as the head coach of a children's game.

Its not about a Jets/Pats rivalry, many other fans of teams got hosed also. In case you haven't noticed everywhere the Pats go they get booed...its not just by Jets fans, and its not because of your "recent success".

pats have been getting booed since 2004 in all the other stadiums. Its called success

Even as a Pats fan, you can't honestly say you have any respect for Lil Bill as a person, even before spygate he was a dirt bag.

As a coach that is a different matter.

Even as a Pats fan, you can't honestly say you have any respect for Lil Bill as a person, even before spygate he was a dirt bag.

As a coach that is a different matter.

I don't know enough about Bill as person to have an opion of respect one way or the other. The guy keeps his private life pretty secret, and most of the dirt is hearsay

We still got booed and the coach is still a genius.

That is different than hearing chants of "Cheaters" everyplace your team goes this season. That is how 2 game losing streaks turns into 6 game losing streaks. You will see as I don't think the Pats will be much better than 9-7 this season, if that.

Archived