Abram Elam Brother Shot

ThisYearsModel

RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. -- The older brother of New York Jets safety Abram Elam was fatally shot, the third sibling in the family to die by gunfire since 1987.

Riviera Beach police officers were called to the scene of a shooting at about 12:35 p.m. Friday, and found Donald Charles Elam shot in the lower back, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office news release.

Donald Elam, 33, was taken to a hospital and later pronounced dead.

The Palm Beach Post reported that Abram Elam's brother, Donald Runner, was fatally shot in 1987. He was 17. Christina Elam, his sister, was shot in 1999.

"Abram learned this afternoon that his brother has been killed; the circumstances of his death are still unclear," the Jets said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to Abram and his family."

Donald Elam was once the youngest person in the Palm Beach County indicted on a first-degree murder charge, the Post said. Elam, then 14, was acquitted of the 1989 shooting.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

sucks....

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I can't believe he was indicted for murder, AT 14 YEARS OLD !!! I'm not familiar at all with Florida but that must be one hell of an area to live in. RIP

TJ-Riviera Beach is friggin No-Man's land-what's really weird is right across the bridge from RB is Singer Island with all the waterfront condos and nice restaurants but on the way back don't make a wrong turn onto say MLK Blvd.

My wife and I were just talking about how much credit you have to give Abram Elam to get out of that shthole and make something of himself. This is an area that the cops would just as well throw young black kids in jail and forget about them.

Archived