what conceerts do you plan on seeing this summer?

gg

summer always seems like concert season to me....

yet the crop of artists that are out there this summer seems to be sparce..

either they are not touring or VERY expensive.

i have tickets to john fogerty, but that is it. ( never seen him before)

wanted to go to steely dan ( have seen them multiple times) but the tixs were outrageous.

CSN isnt playing close by.

billy joel is playing like 10 dates at mohegan sun, but i have seen him a bunch of times.

anyone know of others i should look into? - i am not into metal )

what are you seeing?

share :D

I think BB King is coming back to summerfest in Milwaukee, i missed him last year but would love to catch him as he should be coming to town again.

Petty always seems to come to summerfest too, but he's just too expensive for my taste, i'll have to stick to the "spoon's" of the world.

Saw Roger Waters last Sunday -- awesome show

Iron Maiden in 2 weeks and then Kansas the week after that --

Boston and Yes are both coming to my neck of the woods but I will be out of town for thoses shows

might goi see Journey with Foriegner in July -- all else pending moola

I'm heading to the Oxygen Music festival in Co. Kildare (Ireland) for 11th-13th July.

Here's the announced lineup:

Friday 11th July 08

Kings of Leon, Interpol, Editors, Aphex Twin, Bell X1, Cat Power, Paddy Casey, Groove Armada, The Coronas, dEUS, Battles, Future Kings of Spain, Unkle, Calvin Harris, Annie Mac, MSTRKRFT, Koze, Kosheen, Burns, Sneaky Sound System

Saturday 12th July 08

R.E.M., The Verve, Amy Winehouse, The Prodigy, Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, Counting Crows, The Zutons, Newton Faulkner, Panic at the Disco, Feeder, Richard Hawley, Seasick Steve, The Hoosiers, Scouting For Girls, The Charlatans, Powderfinger, Declan O’Rourke, My Morning Jacket, The Ting Tings Camille O’Sullivan, British Sea Power, Black Kids, Delays, Concerto For Constantine, Paul Heaton, Pendulum, Justice, Bowling For Soup, Boys Noize, Mylo, Slam, Michael Mayer, Kavinsky, The Japanese Popstars

Sunday 13th July 08

Rage Against The Machine, Kaiser Chiefs, The Swell Season featuring Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová, The Fratellis, Ian Brown, The Kooks, MGMT, The Feeling, Kate Nash, Roisin Murphy, Tom Baxter, Reverend and the Makers, Band of Horses, Lightspeed Champion, The Pogues, The Subways, The Stranglers, Ryan Bingham, The Courteeners, Alabama 3, David Guetta, Luciano, Kaz James, Crookers, Radioslave, Quiet Village, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Carl Craig

I'm heading to the Oxygen Music festival in Co. Kildare (Ireland) for 11th-13th July.

Here's the announced lineup:

Friday 11th July 08

Kings of Leon, Interpol, Editors, Aphex Twin, Bell X1, Cat Power, Paddy Casey, Groove Armada, The Coronas, dEUS, Battles, Future Kings of Spain, Unkle, Calvin Harris, Annie Mac, MSTRKRFT, Koze, Kosheen, Burns, Sneaky Sound System

Saturday 12th July 08

R.E.M., The Verve, Amy Winehouse, The Prodigy, Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, Counting Crows, The Zutons, Newton Faulkner, Panic at the Disco, Feeder, Richard Hawley, Seasick Steve, The Hoosiers, Scouting For Girls, The Charlatans, Powderfinger, Declan O

I had this in my sig for a while, but I'll mention it again

Return To Forever, first gigs since the 80's

Al DiMeola, Lenny White, Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke.

Monster, monster, monster and monster

Unbelievable chops

retb.jpg

Chicago with the Doobies

I'd like to see the Police, but the Jonas Brothers are playing the following night, and I'm pretty sure I have to go to that one.

If the Jonas Brothers are in upstate NY, I hope to hell they're sold out before my daughter hears about it.

Chicago with the Doobies

LOL!!! my first "rock" concert was the doobies at SPAC in 1978... michael mcdonald was sooo hot! :D

and jeff 'skunk" baxter could really play the guitar ( he played with steely dan for awhile)

Chicago with the Doobies

I'd like to see the Police, but the Jonas Brothers are playing the following night, and I'm pretty sure I have to go to that one.

You're skipping a chance to see a legendary band to see the Jonas Brothers? The Police may not be touring for much longer. Then again, neither will the Jonas Brothers when their 15 minutes is up.

LOL!!! my first "rock" concert was the doobies at SPAC in 1978... michael mcdonald was sooo hot! :D

and jeff 'skunk" baxter could really play the guitar ( he played with steely dan for awhile)

My husband was at that show. He hates Michael McDonald and thinks he "ruined" the Doobies. :) I think he hates that he's a dominant artist on my IPod too. I LOVE him, and he's STILL very hot!!!

You're skipping a chance to see a legendary band to see the Jonas Brothers? The Police may not be touring for much longer. Then again, neither will the Jonas Brothers when their 15 minutes is up.

:lol: You're having a boy, right? Be happy about that. ;)

My kids gave me Police tickets this morning, for Mother's Day. So I guess I'm going to be able to see them and the Jonas Brothers. :)

Happy Mother's Day to your mama-to-be!

LOL!!! my first "rock" concert was the doobies at SPAC in 1978...

My husband was at that show.

I was there, too. Small world. Went back for their "farewell" tour. I think it was '82.

Congrats to LJ for the Police tix. As for your suggestion on the Jonas Brothers show, I could not possibly stand all the teenage girls screaming. I'd score points with my daughter, but she still owes me for sitting through Relient K.

summer always seems like concert season to me....

yet the crop of artists that are out there this summer seems to be sparce..

either they are not touring or VERY expensive.

i have tickets to john fogerty, but that is it. ( never seen him before)

wanted to go to steely dan ( have seen them multiple times) but the tixs were outrageous.

CSN isnt playing close by.

billy joel is playing like 10 dates at mohegan sun, but i have seen him a bunch of times.

anyone know of others i should look into? - i am not into metal )

what are you seeing?

share :D

chicago and the doobie brothers are performing together, i might check that out. Would be even better if it was earth wind and fire with chicago though

:lol: You're having a boy, right? Be happy about that. ;)

My kids gave me Police tickets this morning, for Mother's Day. So I guess I'm going to be able to see them and the Jonas Brothers. :)

Happy Mother's Day to your mama-to-be!

Thanks Lady Jet. I scored bonus bucks for surprising her today when everybody else in our families hadn't really given her credit since he's not born yet. My feeling is if the baby is alive and kicking inside her and living off her nutrients and care, she's already performing her motherly responsibilities and therefor is a mother.

Glad you get to see the police, and now I understand that the Jonas Bros is for your kids, so that's cool. You'll have fun seeing them have fun!

chicago and the doobie brothers are performing together, i might check that out. Would be even better if it was earth wind and fire with chicago though

Depends which Chicago we're talking about. The "25 or 6 to 4" Chicago or the "You're the Inspiration Chicago".

I was just looking at the LastFM concert schedule earlier.

Sonic Youth is playing at Battery Park on July 4th and tickets are FREE, so I definitely want to see that.

The Black Keys are playing at Terminal 5 on Thursday but tickets are sold out, but there also going to be at McCarren Park Pool in August, so I'm really going to want to see that. I'm also gonna see the Raconteurs at the end of May when they play at Terminal 5.

Anybody who sees a Jonas Brothers concert and doesn't have children under 15 should lose their right to listen to music.

Archived