For those on the WAITNG LIST.

JETSFAN5180

So sticking to your logical mode of thought, if every owner is screwing their fans, that makes everything OK?

I don't think any owner is screwing the fans.

If the Jets didn't charge for pre-season games, NOONE would want to play them. Since the teams, unlike the regular season, make their pre-season schedules, this could cause a huge problem.

With all that said, the game costs the SAME for them to put on... so I can live with them charging you. Look, if your tickets are 80 a game, in reality they are 100 a game, and the pre-season is free.. That's the point EVERYONE misses. If they stopped charging for the pre-season games, all they would do is up the charge 25% on the regular season games making it a WASH!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think any owner is screwing the fans.

If the Jets didn't charge for pre-season games, NOONE would want to play them. Since the teams, unlike the regular season, make their pre-season schedules, this could cause a huge problem.

With all that said, the game costs the SAME for them to put on... so I can live with them charging you. Look, if your tickets are 80 a game, in reality they are 100 a game, and the pre-season is free.. That's the point EVERYONE misses. If they stopped charging for the pre-season games, all they would do is up the charge 25% on the regular season games making it a WASH!

They seemed to have increased mine by 25% and still charged me for the pre-season anyhow. :)

In the past preseason games were an option for the season ticket holder.Parking wasnt prepaid or mandatory I can remember when it was $5.00.There could have been many ways to deal with this instead of sticking it to us.Preseason tickets could have been offered to those on the waiting list,they could have also allowed season ticket holders who had tickets for more than 15 years the right to deny them.All in all I wont be wasting $650.00 on preseason tickets this year whether it be to the owner or the Meadowlands.In these economic times no one wants to waste money.

...and that just proves the point, it raises revenue. Eff the loyal fans, we will give you garbage so that we can raise revenue for the priviliege of watching scrubs play a scrimmage. I've used the analogy before that if you walk into Ruth's Chris and ask for a full priced steak but get hamburger, would you be happy with the response that "this is our pre-season steak"? I think not.

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else ever watched a preseason game and expected to see the Super Bowl? I always get so let down.

The NYJETS provide brokers with tickets and the 2 parties make a killing.

And you know this how?

I'd like to hear a specific example of when the Jets have done this.

Try, the Jets / Giants fans who hold season tickets for speculative purposes

supplying the brokers.

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else ever watched a preseason game and expected to see the Super Bowl? I always get so let down.

I'm sure nobody has, but it is a bit hard to figure out why you must pay $115 plus parking to watch scrubs run around pretending to be professional football players. I can see the same thing on the local high school field for free. If you put a Jets jersey on me, it doesn't make an NFL player, and I assume that you would not pay to see me run around trying to tackle people.

I'm sure nobody has, but it is a bit hard to figure out why you must pay $115 plus parking to watch scrubs run around pretending to be professional football players. I can see the same thing on the local high school field for free. If you put a Jets jersey on me, it doesn't make an NFL player, and I assume that you would not pay to see me run around trying to tackle people.

Here is why you should pay for and go to Pre-Season games:

1) It is the Jets, the team you love.

2) You get to see the rookies play

3) It is the first real football in over 7 months

4) Great time to bring friends who don't understand football.

5) Friday night drinking in the warm weather outside

BZ

BZ

But you see, DNA remembers when those pre-season tickets used to be free. and so do I. so if they're free, you have much more fun. get it?

But you see, DNA remembers when those pre-season tickets used to be free. and so do I. so if they're free, you have much more fun. get it?

But remember, you are paying for the win, so if they are free, you can't win.

Let's go for that AFC East Pre-Season Championship!

Oh and let's all cry about remembering why gas was $.05 a gallon and we had a president who wasn't a dolt.

BZ

Let's go for that AFC East Pre-Season Championship!

Oh and let's all cry about remembering why gas was $.05 a gallon and we had a president who wasn't a dolt.

BZ

So you're happy about paying more for gas? I'm sure there's some reason why that's good too, right? :rolleyes:

And you know this how?

I'd like to hear a specific example of when the Jets have done this.

Try, the Jets / Giants fans who hold season tickets for speculative purposes

supplying the brokers.

Where did the NYJETS come up with the pairs of seats that were 4 sale near the end of the 2007 season that were 4 sale on NewYorkJets.com.Nobody wanted to go and the brokers couldnt even get rid of the tickets so they made them available on their own homepage.While loyal season ticket holders put in for upgrades and denied.

The preseason cost $650 4 upper seats plus parking,mezzanine and lower level seats are more. I couldnt even give the tickets away.That was one of the decisive reasons along with the denial of an upgrade year after year.I can buy better seats on StubHub,E-Bay, ticket sales here.

BZ

Don't distort the intent of the winning comment. If you pay for something that increases in price evrey year, you have a rasonable expectation that you will get a return on your money. Patriot fans are getting shafted, but at least they have some Super Bowls to show for it. If the Jets would win 2 or 3 Super Bowls, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me. While I enjoy the games, I always enjoy a win more than a loss and I don't think that makes me any different than most fans. If you are satisfied paying escalating prices for mediocrity, that is your right and you should be happy because you are getting what you paid for. I prefer to get more of a return on my entertainment dollar which is why I don't go to Broadway plays and why I will consider walking away after 24 years of one sided loyalty.

Get back to me after the psl's have kicked in. the demand has been underestimated by your hero, Woody. you love these threads, don't you?

Yeah, I love laughing at whiners....

Look, raising prices after 4-12 makes little sense from a fan perspective. From an economic perspective though, when you have 10K ont he waiting list, it makes sense.

Good PR? Probably not.

PSLs are going to drive away a lot of season ticket holders. No question. It's unfortunate, but the fact is, no owner cares WHO buys the tickets, as long as they're all sold, and people are in the seats to buy concessions.

I only walked away from being a season ticket holder.I did not walk away from being a NYJETS fan.I am a lifelong fan who will die a NYJETS fan win or lose.I can buy tickets to all the home games and not have to waste the $$$ on preseason tickets any longer.

This was the main reason along with the denial of a ticket upgrade year after year.

To those who get my seats enjoy them me and my family and friends did for 14 years.

I am currently looking over the selection on StubHub so I can be in attendance at the home opener.

Go Jets!

Don't distort the intent of the winning comment. If you pay for something that increases in price evrey year, you have a rasonable expectation that you will get a return on your money. Patriot fans are getting shafted, but at least they have some Super Bowls to show for it. If the Jets would win 2 or 3 Super Bowls, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me. While I enjoy the games, I always enjoy a win more than a loss and I don't think that makes me any different than most fans. If you are satisfied paying escalating prices for mediocrity, that is your right and you should be happy because you are getting what you paid for. I prefer to get more of a return on my entertainment dollar which is why I don't go to Broadway plays and why I will consider walking away after 24 years of one sided loyalty.

Movie prices are up every year and yet the quality of movie isn't better.

BZ

Yeah, I love laughing at whiners....

But you don't have season tickets, yet you are the leader in posts in these threads all the time. some people pay good money to whine, so get over it.

Look, raising prices after 4-12 makes little sense from a fan perspective. From an economic perspective though, when you have 10K ont he waiting list, it makes sense.

Good PR? Probably not.

PSLs are going to drive away a lot of season ticket holders. No question. It's unfortunate, but the fact is, no owner cares WHO buys the tickets, as long as they're all sold, and people are in the seats to buy concessions.

I agree with you, for the eleventy billionth time. I know, but it doesn't mean it's right, and it doesn't mean I have to like it. this is my last post in these threads, I no longer have the right to ''whine''. but you keep fighting the good fight, aec.

you can find better seats on sites other than stubhub. Each person makes their own decisions and will deal with the bs of the new age of being season ticket holder on a yearly basis

4HCrew PM me some other sites to purchase tickets as im a rookie at this. Thanks

BZ

BZ --

Would you like to be my guest at a pre-season game this year?

hahaha, just kidding man. Just kidding.

and BZ to your point that is why many no longer to go the movies and just wait for ppv or rent them

Now you are getting there.

It is an entertainment industry, so they will raise prices up as long as they have buyers. I don't have a problem with that, because I don't take it personally.

I also don't buy into the "The fans we have are better than the 10,000 on the waiting list" argument. I actually think that a wave of new blood of fans would be great.

I have only been a season ticket holder for like 4-5 years, I go to every game, every pre-season game am loud as hell (ask the blond behind me) and stay till the last second clicks off the clock.

The guy in front of me, 4 tickets, been there forever. Splits them with his neighbor, only goes to the warm games, sells the rest.

BZ

BZ --

Would you like to be my guest at a pre-season game this year?

hahaha, just kidding man. Just kidding.

Ahh.. pookey.. I will be your guest anytime. I am sure your seats are MUCH better than mine.

Hey, since you don't go, can you just ship me your tickets? :)

BZ

The NYJETS could have been creative with the season ticket plans.They could have put together packages giving the season ticket holder first right of refusal.Example 2 preseason games and the home opener etc.As a season ticket holder you could have opted out and then resumed your seats for the 2nd game of the season.

This organization is all about $$$ and can careless about the fans.$25.00 to park is a prime example of it.

BTW, the parking prices is set by the Meadowlands.

And is $20.

BZ

When the new Stadium opens do you think the Jets will institute a preferred parking program like a lot of other teams do?

In a perfect world, there would be no preseason games.

In a less perfect world we used to have 6, with only 14 pro games a year.

Then as now, the concerns are the same, the cons seem to outweigh the pros in that

not ready for prime players are evaluated in favor of the known vets,

reluctant pros play not to get hurt and at 1/2 speed,

and several marquee players risk and suffer season/career ending injuries as the potential

to be injured is the same as in the regular season.

Yet, we still are paying towards the cost of operating the team-

for all the costs and salaries whether all the players play in these

games or not.

So, it really boils down to what your expectations are. I expect Darrelle Revis

and Alan Faneca to be in game shape enough to play all 4 quarters of

Exhibition Game 1 through 4 this year but I also I don't expect or even

*want* them to play that last game at all. Yet I also expect that

player or 2 on the bubble to play hard & show something extra that could end up

heping him make & contribute to the team down the line.

I never expect the preseason games, especially game #4, to approximate a

season or playoff game.

Like many, I just include them as part of my yearly ticket cost.

My way of sticking it to "the man" is that I rarely, if ever attend these games

and as such have never paid in the past for parking, tailgates, and all the stuff

the Jets sell during those games.

I will concede the recent (since 2007) prepaid charge for parking including

all 10 games is bothersome,

but as its spread over 5 seats, its only @ $3 per game per seat.

Annoying, absolutely, but ultimately not bankrupting for most.

I say this in no way to excuse the charge but to diminish its relevance and

it should ultimately be treated as an increase in the cost of parking.

Buy 1 less beer inside during the year and you'll be even.

For years many have cried foul over mandatory bundle purchases and yet somehow

even liberal Supreme Courts have not found in favor of "real fans" when it

comes to the capitalistic world of pro sports.

I do believe that many of those who are dropping their tickets

now in anticipation of PSLs before finding new/other attendees & other

ways to pool resources are making some hasty / emotional decisions

they may regret. I know because I dropped out and came back

myself after some rationalization / reprioritizing, long ago and

I missed it terribly when I didnt go regularly.

What annoys me is the unbridled envy/enmity found in the Jets forums

towards those that can go and will continue to go to games.

It's more than unbecoming, frankly it's pathetic. Facile assumptions and

lazy assertions projected onto others are made daily, based on one's personal

ability or inability to afford Jets games.

(i .e. because I am finding things a bit tight and tickets much higher than the 1970s/1980s prices I paid before and might drop out, everyone else who does go is not a real fan like me, and is bent over, in the bag for Woody- they must be because they will continuously pay the freight for PSLs and tickets without whining and complaining)

By the same token would someone else be right to say that those who

think they can't afford games are unsuccessful losers?

My take: pony up for the games, or stay home.

Make an informed decision based on your own finances,

if you feel like you have no choice and must drop out due to circumstances

no one will kill you over it more than yourself.

Unless I know you, I won't care or miss you.

Buy a big HDTV and enjoy that if you like.

Come to games when you can.

Road games can be fun and cheap.

But for the love of humanity, stop being a freakin' killjoy and annoying the hell out of

the rest of us.

Now you are getting there.

It is an entertainment industry, so they will raise prices up as long as they have buyers. I don't have a problem with that, because I don't take it personally.

I also don't buy into the "The fans we have are better than the 10,000 on the waiting list" argument. I actually think that a wave of new blood of fans would be great.

I have only been a season ticket holder for like 4-5 years, I go to every game, every pre-season game am loud as hell (ask the blond behind me) and stay till the last second clicks off the clock.

The guy in front of me, 4 tickets, been there forever. Splits them with his neighbor, only goes to the warm games, sells the rest.

BZ

I just looked at an overhead photograph taken at a home game last year. I can see no proof that there is a blonde that sits behind you.

:-P

Ahh.. pookey.. I will be your guest anytime. I am sure your seats are MUCH better than mine.

Hey, since you don't go, can you just ship me your tickets? :)

BZ

Yeah I sit in the mezzanine. It is a lot quieter there but the bathroom lines are shorter. So I consider it a wash.

And I do go to the pre-season games. What I have been doing is actually going to one game and giving the other to the guy next to me. Then I take all 4 seats for the other game. This way I can bring all my kids!

:-P

Although this year I have a real jerk sitting next to me so it will be challenging. I might have to give up my seats because Tabor will be annoying me all year asking silly football questions. Seeing him wait to see when I clap before he does is going to get old real quick.

:rl:

Archived