very little Jets news, Mon., 5/12

Kentucky Jet

Jets Draft Picks Get the Green Light

by: Joe Pietaro | NY Sportscene Magazine | Sunday, May 11, 2008

HEMPSTEAD, NY - One week can make a world of a difference, especially if you happen to be one of the players selected at the NFL Draft. The whirlwind of hearing your name read on stage, to getting on the practice field for the very first time as a professional can be exhilarating, to say the least. For the six players selected by the New York Jets, it became business as usual.

Last weekend, the team held their first mini camp of the offseason at Hofstra University. Vernon Gholston, the Jets

reading that last bit about Bill Callahan is the thing that gives me the most hope going into this season-think back to those last 2 good years of Oakland with Callahan running the offense and how much bigger their line was than our defensive front. My wife even would say stuff like "they're monsters and why don't we have any big fat guys like that?". Garner at 6'6" 330 fits the mold that Bill seems to like

If I were Garner, as a 7th round pick, I would tell my agent to just get me a contract so I could get in there and work with Callahan. You know Callahan is going to have a lot to say who makes this team, and where on the depth chart they will be.

Both back up RG (where a lot of rookie RT's wind up) and RT are wide open on this team.

Sooner he gets in there the better for him

Archived