JetNation.com Who's the Biggest Clueless Homer here?

Smizzy

Name 7 better

I don't think I'd give you one.....possibly Tejada, but he has never done anything to warrant being the best. Does he have any rings?

I don't know how many times we have to go through this. In a team game it is silly to use championships as a measuring stick. I guess Bill Cartwright is the best center of all time. Dilfer has a ring, he must be one of the best QB's.

Face it, if Jeter played in KC he would be Royce Clayton.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how many times we have to go through this. In a team game it is silly to use championships as a measuring stick. I guess Bill Cartwright is the best center of all time. Dilfer has a ring, he must be one of the best QB's.

If Jeter played in KC, they'd probably have a championship too!!

I agree with part of your argument about Tejada not having a ring. If he's played on teams that were not good enough to win it all it's not all on him. HOWEVER....Oakland would have been better off with Bobby Meachem at SS in the postseason based on how Tejada performed. If I'm not mistaken he had something like an 0-22 stretch in the series against Boston a couple of years ago. NOT the guy I want at the plate in a big game.

And any comparison of Derek Jeter to Royce Clayton is homerism that just shows in inability to try and discuss a topic objectively. While Jeter is not the best SS in baseball, to pretend that a guy who has the most hits of any player in MLB over the past 9 seasons is "average"...well...I guess Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn were overrated slap hitters too

If Jeter played in KC, they'd probably have a championship too!!

Scratch that, you're the biggest homer on this board. good lord... do you actually believe what you type?

Seven better? Do I get to count ARod too? Since SS was his position until last year. Not that I need him.

Tejada, Gullien, Young, Crosby, Furcal, Eckstein (and if you don't think so, you're totally clueless)... ok, I got six. And ARod, who is leagues better than Jeter.

If Jeter was on KC, he'd be Angel Berroa.

angel berrora hits .260

stormshadow is the biggest homer on the board

Carlos Guillen sucks, btw.

Eckstein..........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Crosby is unproven, pitchers have yet to adjust to his game. Great potential, but not in Jeters class, maybe a few years down the line.

Tejada cant play defense and chokes in the postseason. Not to mention his OBP is average at best.

Young is good. But not as great as Jeter.

Furcal. Not gonna even answer this.

Count that you're the biggest homer? Yup. Jeter never was the best shortstop in baseball. Better than Normar? That's debatable. Better than Alex Rodriguez? Boy, you're dumb! Jeter is, at best, right now, the 7th best shortstop in the bigs.

Besides, if he had such great leadership skills and those intangibles you just can't measure, wouldn't the Yanks be in first?

Jeter isnt a fu*kin medical man dumbass. He cant cure injuries.

I know, your shocked. :shock:

Besides, if he had such great leadership skills and those intangibles you just can't measure, wouldn't the Yanks be in first?

Ok. Now I know you're stupid/homer.

The Fact that Jeter has won 4 world series rings means nothing to you and doesnt help Jeter in this arguement. But because the Yankees arent in 1st place in late July, it goes against Jeter.

Cant have it both ways, homer.

Anyone see Jeter flop on the ground going after a routine grounder up the middle last night early on in the game? Funny stuff. The man has no range. NONE. :lol:

LOL. His range allowed him to stop that ground ball genius. How about that entire inning when Jeter completely saved Leiters ass from giving up 4 runs?

Reyes and his .280 OBP.

Ok. Now I know you're stupid/homer.

The Fact that Jeter has won 4 world series rings means nothing to you and doesnt help Jeter in this arguement. But because the Yankees arent in 1st place in late July, it goes against Jeter.

Cant have it both ways, homer.

Whoa wait... first of all, you've got to be the dumbest person on this board. You replied to my post three times. You couldn't throw it all in one post?

And you can't have it both ways, buddy! Jeter's the reason they won the titles! But, he can't be the reason that they're losing? Great players make great plays to win games. Happens in all sports. So, if Jeter is the leader you all make him to be, couldn't he will his team to the top? Jordan was able to do it. Mark Messier did it. Steve Yzerman did it. Jeter got lucky that he was playing a glory position on the Yankees during a period where they were hot.

I'm a homer because I named players that are better? By typing in all capitals and proclaiming the players suck does not make you right. Jon asked for a list, I provided it. Those are the players I chose, and would choose over Derek. Not to mention I didn't even throw in the fact that all those players make a third less than he does. Gullien only makes a lil over 4 million bucks a year. Jeter clocks in at 19 million dollars.

And yeah, if he was on the Royals, he'd be no better than Angel Berroa. Don't like the comparison? Tough crap, it rings true. Mind you, Berroa is about 25/26, not 32.

But, that's right... Jeter is your god and your god is the only god that matters, right? The New York Yankees are not the center of the universe. Hasn't your arrogant front running ass figured that out yet? You're the worst on this board. You and Jon E. You should be proud of yourself.

Go ahead and show me some stats that prove Guillen, Berrora, Furcal, Eckstein (LOLOLOL) and Crosby are better than Jeter or just as good

I'll be back in a few hours after you realize that Jeter is better than any of those stiffs by a wide margin.

Go ahead and show me some stats that prove Guillen, Berrora, Furcal, Eckstein (LOLOLOL) and Crosby are better than Jeter or just as good

I'll be back in a few hours after you realize that Jeter is better than any of those stiffs by a wide margin.

Yup... cause stats prove all. I mean hey, wasn't that the arguement against Nomar? Stats don't prove it all! Jeter's got heart and intangibles! What? Like Jeter's the only one who has heart or leadership skills? And, if you'd like stats to prove Gullien is better than Jeter, I could provide those, but I'm sure you'd find something wrong with them and say they don't count. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over it. Jeter isn't as good as you think he is. Enjoy your decent slap hitter. I'm more than happy with Gullien, just as Oakland fans are more than happy with Crosby, St Louis fans are more happy with Eckstein, Baltimore fans are more happy with Tejada, and so on. Jeter isn't god, he isn't worth a damn to anyone, besides those who cheer for the Yankees. Which is fine. But, don't spread your propeganda, saying Jeter is the greatest of all time... he's not even the best on his team.

LOL. His range allowed him to stop that ground ball genius. How about that entire inning when Jeter completely saved Leiters a$$ from giving up 4 runs?

Reyes and his .280 OBP.

Now you're really showing your ignorance, trying to argue for Jeter's defense. He is not a very good defensive player at all. Last year, his range factor ranked 11th amongst all regular shortstops. Even Kaz Matsui is better than him.

Is Jeter a good player? Of course he is. Is he amazing? No way. I respect the fact he came through in some big spots for the Yanks, but he's also had that opportunity more than anyone- interesting to see what some other guys would've done. And it's really absurd to convince yourself Jeter was the main reason for those WS's or he could do it anywhere. Pitching won it for them...and surprise, surprise- when they lost that pitching the team's success declined.

Now you're really showing your ignorance, trying to argue for Jeter's defense. He is not a very good defensive player at all. Last year, his range factor ranked 11th amongst all regular shortstops. Even Kaz Matsui is better than him.

What??!?! Take that back right now! I think you've insulted the game of baseball with that sentence. It certainly doesn't dignify a response

Is Jeter a good player? Of course he is. Is he amazing? No way. I respect the fact he came through in some big spots for the Yanks, but he's also had that opportunity more than anyone- interesting to see what some other guys would've done. And it's really absurd to convince yourself Jeter was the main reason for those WS's or he could do it anywhere. Pitching won it for them...and surprise, surprise- when they lost that pitching the team's success declined.

Yea, their success went from winning 4 WS's to just being in the WS. :roll: Ofcourse pitching was the reason they won, name the last World Series team that didn't have phenomenal pitching. That said Jeter and company still were a good team .

The rest of my rant is pointed to every hater who claims A-Rod sucks because he's never been on a championship team.

So if you can bash A-Rod for that how can you also bash Yankee fans for using the fact that Jeter has 4 rings as a case to support him? Couldn't it also be claimed that A-Rod's team didn't have the pitching and when they did they were a good team who made the post-season (ala Randy Johnson in Seattle).

What??!?! Take that back right now! I think you've insulted the game of baseball with that sentence. It certainly doesn't dignify a response

Yea, their success went from winning 4 WS's to just being in the WS. :roll: Ofcourse pitching was the reason they won, name the last World Series team that didn't have phenomenal pitching. That said Jeter and company still were a good team .

The rest of my rant is pointed to every hater who claims A-Rod sucks because he's never been on a championship team.

So if you can bash A-Rod for that how can you also bash Yankee fans for using the fact that Jeter has 4 rings as a case to support him? Couldn't it also be claimed that A-Rod's team didn't have the pitching and when they did they were a good team who made the post-season (ala Randy Johnson in Seattle).

With the Kaz comment, I hope you realized I meant his range. But you are right, I should've never worded it like that.

As with the WS comment, the point I was trying to make is that Jeter should be given as much as credit as he given for those WS's. A lot of other players performed well, also. Reason why he gets so much credit is because he had the famous or most exciting hit. It's like Tom Brady: he gets more credit than anyone else because he's the QB. He has the most opportunities to make the big play, as opposed to a linemen.

As with the WS comment, the point I was trying to make is that Jeter should be given as much as credit as he given for those WS's. A lot of other players performed well, also. Reason why he gets so much credit is because he had the famous or most exciting hit. It's like Tom Brady: he gets more credit than anyone else because he's the QB. He has the most opportunities to make the big play, as opposed to a linemen.

You make a good point and I think you help my case with your comparison. Derek Jeter certainly isn't the Peyton Manning of MLB he's more like the Tom Brady, only with an extra ring.

Bump :mrgreen:

What was it ... the mulligan ... is that what cost me this prestigious award? #-o

Nope... sorry Ham. You're just not as bad as Jon or EB. You bring logic... they're just out there and don't see all sides to an arguement. They're right, you're wrong... it's like tunnel vision.

nice retarded spin you put on there SS

When Berrora hits .260 with a .250 OBP and Jeter is hitting .300 with a .380 OBP of course you have no case. Same goes for Eckstein, Furcal, Guillen.

Only case you can fight with me is Young and Tejada. Young is better than Tejada. Tejada all of a sudden is a megastar once he plays in the bandbox know as camden yards. He wasnt all that in oakland. Tejada cant run like Jeter, field like Jeter and play as smart as Jeter. Not to mention Jeter has a higher OBP. Sure Tejada has more rbis, but Jeter bats leadoff. Tejada bats 3rd/4th.

Not to mention Tejada chokes in the postseason worse than Peyton Manning against the Patriots.

The difference between Nomar back when he was great, to Jeter was a .349 BA for Jeter and a .360 batting average for nomar. Thats not that big of a difference between Berrora, Furcal and the rest of those shlubs like Eckstein.

Face the Facts Homer. Jeter is far and away better than Berroa, Furcal, Eckstein, Guillen. And more proven than Young and Tejada and better defense than both of em.

I know your bitter because you wish you had Jeter on your team.

You should be

nice retarded spin you put on there SS

When Berrora hits .260 with a .250 OBP and Jeter is hitting .300 with a .380 OBP of course you have no case. Same goes for Eckstein, Furcal, Guillen.

Only case you can fight with me is Young and Tejada. Young is better than Tejada. Tejada all of a sudden is a megastar once he plays in the bandbox know as camden yards. He wasnt all that in oakland. Tejada cant run like Jeter, field like Jeter and play as smart as Jeter. Not to mention Jeter has a higher OBP. Sure Tejada has more rbis, but Jeter bats leadoff. Tejada bats 3rd/4th.

Not to mention Tejada chokes in the postseason worse than Peyton Manning against the Patriots.

The difference between Nomar back when he was great, to Jeter was a .349 BA for Jeter and a .360 batting average for nomar. Thats not that big of a difference between Berrora, Furcal and the rest of those shlubs like Eckstein.

Face the Facts Homer. Jeter is far and away better than Berroa, Furcal, Eckstein, Guillen. And more proven than Young and Tejada and better defense than both of em.

I know your bitter because you wish you had Jeter on your team.

You should be

:roll:

Carlos Gullien's numbers this year

Carlos Guill

Listen up.

I'm gonna save you the embarassement by killing this thread. I'm not gonna respond to any more of your ridiculous posts in this thread.

Angel frickin Berroa and David Eckstein

You're retarded.

Save me embarassment? The only one who is embarassing is you. Do they teach reading comprehension down in Florida?

Derek Jeter, if on the KC Royals would be no better than Angel Berroa. Do you understand that? As in, if he played his whole career there. You ******* idiot.

David Eckstein was an All Star this year. Something Jeter wasn't. He's picked up the slack when the entire freakin Cardinals team has been injured! You ******* idiot.

Let your bias show through even more. It's not becoming. But, then again, Jeter's better than Nomar, ARod, Jesus, Moses, MLK, and any other historical figure, right? Better than Mantle, Ruth, and all the other all time great Yanks, right?

Biggest homer has to be JBF, hands down...

The steroid issue has come up yet again. I, as a Yankee fan, clearly admit that there COULD be current Yankee players on the juice as of 8.2.05.

JBF, the ball is in your court, buddy. Will you admit that there is even the slightest chance that there are Red Sox players that are on the juice right now?

Admit it and I'll take my comment back.

Deny and your homerism award will be unchallenged.

I haven't read this entire topic, but from this page, I get the impression that Shadow said DAVID ECKSTEIN is better than Jeter? If that isn't the case, please forgive me for my words. That is an absolutely ridiculous claim. My feelings on Jeter are well-documented here, but calling Eckstein better than him is a joke. The only reason Eckstein made the all-star team is because of the ballot-stuffing by moron Cardinal fans. Eckstein is every bit the All-star as Scott Rolen.

Jeter is extremely over-rated and FAR from the best shortstop in the majors (He isn't even the best in his divsion, not is he top 3 in the AL.), but Eckstein blows. That's like calling Pokey Reese better than Soriano.

I haven't read this entire topic, but from this page, I get the impression that Shadow said DAVID ECKSTEIN is better than Jeter? If that isn't the case, please forgive me for my words. That is an absolutely ridiculous claim. My feelings on Jeter are well-documented here, but calling Eckstein better than him is a joke. The only reason Eckstein made the all-star team is because of the ballot-stuffing by moron Cardinal fans. Eckstein is every bit the All-star as Scott Rolen.

Jeter is extremely over-rated and FAR from the best shortstop in the majors (He isn't even the best in his divsion, not is he top 3 in the AL.), but Eckstein blows. That's like calling Pokey Reese better than Soriano.

I did. I know you're a Cubs fan and hate the Cards, so I know Eck isn't going to get any props from you. While he may not have the same batting average, he plays better defense and does things for the St Louis line up that others can't. And, he's a constant.

Well, I guess I'd rather have Eck, but that's just me, and everyone who cheers for the Cards.

Who is the biggest Homer?

Too easy.

It is without a shadow of the doubt....JonE. To make matters worse he is a band wagon jumping Homer.

Comparing JonE to the other Homers on this board and we are all Homers in one way or another, is like comparing the Yankees title count to everyone one else in baseball. There is no comparison for you slow types that can not understand my point.

Save me embarassment? The only one who is embarassing is you. Do they teach reading comprehension down in Florida?

Derek Jeter, if on the KC Royals would be no better than Angel Berroa. Do you understand that? As in, if he played his whole career there. You farging idiot.

David Eckstein was an All Star this year. Something Jeter wasn't. He's picked up the slack when the entire freakin Cardinals team has been injured! You farging idiot.

Let your bias show through even more. It's not becoming. But, then again, Jeter's better than Nomar, ARod, Jesus, Moses, MLK, and any other historical figure, right? Better than Mantle, Ruth, and all the other all time great Yanks, right?

Even if you completely throw out any intangibles that Jeter brings to the table, you can't make the argument that Jeter isn't as good as Eckstein and Berroa. That's just stupid.

Even if you completely throw out any intangibles that Jeter brings to the table, you can't make the argument that Jeter isn't as good as Eckstein and Berroa. That's just stupid.

Man, do you guys lack reading fundamentals or something? I mean damn...

I already went over this with Barton, which means the answer you seek is already in this thread. Let the thread die.

You might as well lock this thread because smizzy's original intent (to get 99% of the voters to select ME as the biggest homer when I am not even close to a homer at all) cannot possibly be met.

There are simply too many votes for EB...I cannot win, unless 500 more people register for JN.com and they all vote for me!

BTW...Mike Martz has forgotten more about baseball than you Yankee yahoos will ever know

Archived