I'd be shocked if the Pats won more than 10 games this season

Chernobyl

Im thinking 8-8/9-7...

This is a copycat leauge, and I think the Giants exposed them in the superbowl...

Sure the Giants have the best pass rush in the history of the NFL, but didn't their gameplan remind you a lot of the Raiders gameplan against Chad in the 2002 playoffs? Chad and the offesne was never the same after that game..

What NYG did was dare Brady to throw deep... They brought lots of pressure, and played closer to the LOS to limit the Wes Welker garbage..

Guess what???

Brady looked like a 6th rounder... hes a statue in the pocket... He looks good, because h has all the time in the world to throw... When teams force him to move around a little he shows his true colors..

Brady failed to complete one bomb.... Guess what??? The Giants only got average pressure on Brady.. IMO... That is what most QB's in this leauge have to deal with on a daily basis... Brady lives on the quick release dink and dunk.. Take that away, and Brady is mediocre..

Im thinking 8-8/9-7...

This is a copycat leauge, and I think the Giants exposed them in the superbowl...

Sure the Giants have the best pass rush in the history of the NFL, but didn't their gameplan remind you a lot of the Raiders gameplan against Chad in the 2002 playoffs? Chad and the offesne was never the same after that game..

What NYG did was dare Brady to throw deep... They brought lots of pressure, and played closer to the LOS to limit the Wes Welker garbage..

Guess what???

Brady looked like a 6th rounder... hes a statue in the pocket... He looks good, because h has all the time in the world to throw... When teams force him to move around a little he shows his true colors..

Brady failed to complete one bomb.... Guess what??? The Giants only got average pressure on Brady.. IMO... That is what most QB's in this leauge have to deal with on a daily basis... Brady lives on the quick release dink and dunk.. Take that away, and Brady is mediocre..

I HATE Brady but there is no way I can agree that he is mediocore. That's crazy talk. If you take the dink and dunk away from any QB they are going to be mediocore. No QB can live on the deep ball no matter how strong their arm may be and they all throw tons of short passes. Brady is a great QB. :puke:I hate saying that, but it's the truth. The Giants were the better team in the Super Bowl but I don't believe that Brady showed that he was mediocore by any stretch of the imagination because of it.

As for that Pats going 8-8 or 9-7 ... I doubt it but I hope you're right. I'm thinking more like 11-5 or 12-4 probably. I'll take the 8-8.

I HATE Brady but there is no way I can agree that he is mediocore. That's crazy talk. If you take the dink and dunk away from any QB they are going to be mediocore. No QB can live on the deep ball no matter how strong their arm may be and they all throw tons of short passes. Brady is a great QB. :puke:I hate saying that, but it's the truth. The Giants were the better team in the Super Bowl but I don't believe that Brady showed that he was mediocore by any stretch of the imagination because of it.

As for that Pats going 8-8 or 9-7 ... I doubt it but I hope you're right. I'm thinking more like 11-5 or 12-4 probably. I'll take the 8-8.

Any NFL QB can look great if he has all the time in the world to throw.. Like Brady has had throughout his career..

Ya know, i debate a pats fan all the time about brady vs Ben. Just one single year i'd like to see Ben afforded the protection that Brady has enjoyed the bulk of his career. But then again, i think Ben doesn't always need super protection to make plays. Call me crazy, but i'll take Ben anyday over a Brady or a Manning. More athleticism, younger and can make all the throws. Plus now i believe Ben is finally gonna have that big WR (Limas Sweed) to go with Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. Look out!

BTW, whatever happened to Chad Jackson? Didn't the patsy's draft him after we drafted Holmes?

BTW II: How much will Brady miss Donte Stallworth?

Ya know, i debate a pats fan all the time about brady vs Ben. Just one single year i'd like to see Ben afforded the protection that Brady has enjoyed the bulk of his career. But then again, i think Ben doesn't always need super protection to make plays. Call me crazy, but i'll take Ben anyday over a Brady or a Manning. More athleticism, younger and can make all the throws. Plus now i believe Ben is finally gonna have that big WR (Limas Sweed) to go with Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. Look out!

BTW, whatever happened to Chad Jackson? Didn't the patsy's draft him after we drafted Holmes?

BTW II: How much will Brady miss Donte Stallworth?

I'm sorry, but can you explain why you would take Rothelisberger over the 2 best QB's in the NFL?

Im thinking 8-8/9-7...

Guess what???

Did you even watch the Super Bowl? The Giants took away the deep ball by double teaming Moss. That was why Wes Welker had 11 receptions.

A statue in the pocket? Brady has great pocket awareness.

Average pressure? Brady was hit/hurried 20 something times and sacked at least 2 or 3 times.

Even after all of that he drove his team down the field to score the go ahead TD with 3 minutes left.

I'm sorry, but can you explain why you would take Rothelisberger over the 2 best QB's in the NFL?

Do a Google search.....Steelers QB's 80's and 90's.............. In fact, any Steeler QB besides Bradshaw....... So, i have to sttle for the 3rd best QB.... my team could be alot worse off than that. Plus Ben is younger, bigger and much more mobile than Brady or Manning. Give him either of those O-lines, either of those systems and he puts up very similar numbers IMO. Hell, he's got a decent system in place now plus pretty good WR corps. So yeah, i won't complain one bit about having Ben as opposed to Brady or Manning. Plus Ben just fits the Steeler way. :)

Don't forget he had a bad game in the SB. That somehow puts him a few notches below brady and Manning. ;)

Eli Manning has no place in a discussion about who the best QB's in the league are.

Id take Big Ben over Eli any day of the week.

For me it goes:

Brady, Manning then daylight.

2nd tier would be Palmer, Brees, Big Ben, Hasselbeck & Rivers.

After that it doesn't really matter.

The Pats are a 12 win team on paper.

W Sep 07 KC @ NE 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

W Sep 14 NE @ NYJ 4:15 PM Tickets CBS

W Sep 21 MIA @ NE 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

4 Bye

W Oct 05 NE @ SF 4:15 PM Tickets CBS

L Oct 12 NE @ SD 8:15 PM Tickets NBC

W Oct 20 DEN @ NE 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN

W Oct 26 STL @ NE 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

L Nov 02 NE @ IND 8:15 PM Tickets NBC

W Nov 09 BUF @ NE 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

L Nov 13 NYJ @ NE 8:15 PM Tickets NFL

W Nov 23 NE @ MIA 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

W Nov 30 PIT @ NE 4:15 PM Tickets CBS

L Dec 07 NE @ SEA 8:15 PM Tickets NBC

W Dec 14 NE @ OAK 4:15 PM Tickets CBS

W Dec 21 ARI @ NE 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

W Dec 28 NE @ BUF 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

BZ

Eli Manning has no place in a discussion about who the best QB's in the league are.

For me it goes:

what's with the Rivers' love on this site? I don't get it, he has possibly, the most talented team in the NFL and nothing to show for it. He'll show his true colors once the chargers start losing some of their studs. Otherwise i agree with your top six.

Big Ben has better stats in just about every category than Eli in their 1st 4 years in the League. Both have won Super Bowls.

More yards, more TD's, less INT's, etc.

yeah and I'll say the Steelers put Ben in a much better situation than Eli with the Giants

Steelers have been a solid team his whole career. Eli and the Giants? not so much.

what's with the Rivers' love on this site? I don't get it, he has possibly, the most talented team in the NFL and nothing to show for it. He'll show his true colors once the chargers start losing some of their studs. Otherwise i agree with your top six.

Rivers showed me a lot last year in the AFC Championship Game. I don't really like the guy but I respect the hell out of him for hobbling around Foxboro while his more heralded teammate pouted on the bench.

In two years as a starter he has thrown for over 6,400 yards with 43 TD's and 24 INT's.

In Eli's 1st two years as a starter he threw for 6,900 yards with 48 TD's and 35 INT's.

I disagree with you on the Chargers offensive talent. The have very crappy WR's.

The Chargers' talent surrounding Rivers is over-rated. The Offensive Line is solid on the Left Side and yes he has LaDainian Tomlinson, but he still doesn't have a #1 WR. Antonio Gates is a solid target, but you still need a go-to receiver. Chris Chambers is NOT a #1 WR and before that his best receiver was who exactly? Keenan McCardell? Yeah. Eli Manning has had more talent than Rivers.

Plaxico Burress

Tiki Barber (pre '07 obviously)

Brandon Jacobs

The Offensive Line

Amani Toomer

Jeremy Shockey

The Pats are a 12 win team on paper.

BZ

How is that on paper? That's your prediction. Since the Pats went undefeated in the regular season, how did you come up with that...on paper? The level of absurdity here is frickin' comical sometimes.

Big Ben sux, btw. I'd take Eli over Blockhead any day.

For me it goes:

Same here, and maybe even twice on thursdays, sundays, and mondays.

How is that on paper? That's your prediction. Since the Pats went undefeated in the regular season, how did you come up with that...on paper? The level of absurdity here is frickin' comical sometimes.

Big Ben sux, btw. I'd take Eli over Blockhead any day.

Print it out. I will wait.

Now it is on paper.

Jeez, do you have to explain everything to these Pats fans?

BZ

The Chargers' talent surrounding Rivers is over-rated. The Offensive Line is solid on the Left Side and yes he has LaDainian Tomlinson, but he still doesn't have a #1 WR. Antonio Gates is a solid target, but you still need a go-to receiver. Chris Chambers is NOT a #1 WR and before that his best receiver was who exactly? Keenan McCardell? Yeah. Eli Manning has had more talent than Rivers.

Plaxico Burress

Tiki Barber (pre '07 obviously)

Brandon Jacobs

The Offensive Line

Amani Toomer

Jeremy Shockey

I just looked up last years receiving stats for the Chargers:

Gates (TE): 75 receptions

LT (RB): 60 receptions

Jackson (WR): 41 receptions

Chambers(WR): 35 receptions

Davis (WR): 20 receptions

Manumaleuna (TE): 10 receptions

Sproles (RB): 10 receptions.

Gates had 1 less reception than the starting WR's combined.

For comparison the Pats 3rd and 4th receivers had 46 (Stallworth) and 36 (Gaffney) receptions respectively.

Anyone who watched the Chargers for at aleast the start of the regular season could tell that Rivers was just playing terribly. There were no excuses for some of his mistakes and bad desicions. He did however improve as the season went on.

I think Chris Chambers is underated TBH, he showed flashes of greatness in Miami but really did have next to nothing at QB. Towards the end of the season and especially in the playoffs he really stepped up along with Jackson.

Rivers though should not be mentioned with the top QB's yet IMO. I'd still put the likes of McNabb (When 100%, which I know is rare, he is a top 5 QB) and even Romo ahead of him.

Eli though has to prove that he can maintain his 2008 playoff form before he gets mentioned in the elite group.

Anyone who watched the Chargers for at aleast the start of the regular season could tell that Rivers was just playing terribly. There were no excuses for some of his mistakes and bad desicions. He did however improve as the season went on.

I think Chris Chambers is underated TBH, he showed flashes of greatness in Miami but really did have next to nothing at QB. Towards the end of the season and especially in the playoffs he really stepped up along with Jackson.

Rivers though should not be mentioned with the top QB's yet IMO. I'd still put the likes of McNabb (When 100%, which I know is rare, he is a top 5 QB) and even Romo ahead of him.

Eli though has to prove that he can maintain his 2008 playoff form before he gets mentioned in the elite group.

so instead of "Eli has to win a superbowl before he can be considered elite"

now its basically "Eli has a superbowl but he's got to do good in the regular season to be elitie"?

crazy.

Archived