Red Sox don't have to be loved, but they should be admired

Lil Bit Special

Terrible hindsight logic. Let's rewind a little bit.

There was a massive bidding war over Dice-k and the Yanks chose not to hand over 70 mil just for the rights to "talk" to Matsuzaka. Can't blame them there.

Phil Hughes and Kennedy, is still WAY to early. Just because they both had a rough beginning doesn't mean we should discount them. Now when the deal was Kennedy and Melky it would have been a little more reasonable but honestly I love Melky and we would of been in a tight spot for CF as Damon's arm is pathetic. So once again I don't have any problems there.

2 other notes:

1) It's not like Johan has blown the doors off. He has looked beatable on a few occasions and he would not have been the last piece

2) Hughes is only 21 and had the best outing of any of the Yanks starters last postseason.

I'm glad this team has elected to choose the farm over some other avenues. It makes the team younger and I don't know how else to say it, but easier to root for.

Another future note: Can't wait for Alberto Gonzalez to start seeing regular at bats. Next year, when Giambi is sent packing, they should send A-Rod to first and have Gonzalez play 3rd or atleast have Shelly at 1st.

It's not hindsight when you were saying they should have gone after Dice-K and Santana before Cashman decided to pass on both of them.

1) I'd take how Johan Santana has pitched so far this season over what Hughes and Kennedy have done so far any day of the week.

2) Hughes has talent and I think eventually he'll turn it around but do you honestly think he has ace stuff? Right now I'd be happy if he ended up being a decent 5th starter and so far he hasn't even shown us that yet.

Even though Hughes and Kennedy have sucked so far the Yankees farm system has still acquitted itself very well. Wang, Pettite, Rivera and Joba are all home-grown and so far Rasner looks good and he's a farm product as well.

Just wish Cashman went the safe route and traded for Santana when he had the chance. The Twins offered us Santana for Kennedy and Melky straight up at one point for Jesus sake.

It's not hindsight when you were saying they should have gone after Dice-K and Santana before Cashman decided to pass on both of them.

1) I'd take how Johan Santana has pitched so far this season over what Hughes and Kennedy have done so far any day of the week.

2) Hughes has talent and I think eventually he'll turn it around but do you honestly think he has ace stuff? Right now I'd be happy if he ended up being a decent 5th starter and so far he hasn't even shown us that yet.

Even though Hughes and Kennedy have sucked so far the Yankees farm system has still acquitted itself very well. Wang, Pettite, Rivera and Joba are all home-grown and so far Rasner looks good and he's a farm product as well.

Just wish Cashman went the safe route and traded for Santana when he had the chance. The Twins offered us Santana for Kennedy and Melky straight up at one point for Jesus sake.

Cashman did not decide to "pass" on Dice-K. NO ONE expected anyone to bid that much for Matsuzaka and he chose not to spend an obscene amount of money just to talk to an unproven player. You're seriously pissed over Dice-K pitching a year of mediocre baseball and 1 1/2 good months?

As far as Santana goes, you may or may not be right. But the package they were asking for was always too much. I still think it was the right decision. No one knows what exactly they offered, but if they offered him for Kennedy and Melky--I believe, in fact, that it was Wang and Melky, which changes the whole situation--then I agree with you. But you can't judge two young pitches on a month.

Cashman did not decide to "pass" on Dice-K. NO ONE expected anyone to bid that much for Matsuzaka and he chose not to spend an obscene amount of money just to talk to an unproven player. You're seriously pissed over Dice-K pitching a year of mediocre baseball and 1 1/2 good months?

As far as Santana goes, you may or may not be right. But the package they were asking for was always too much. I still think it was the right decision. No one knows what exactly they offered, but if they offered him for Kennedy and Melky--I believe, in fact, that it was Wang and Melky, which changes the whole situation--then I agree with you. But you can't judge two young pitches on a month.

The way it went down was that the Twins first offer was Johan for Hughes, Kennedy and Melky. Cashman turned it down. Then the Twins counteroffered with Wang, Melky and another player, I think a minor leaguer. Cashman again refused.

Then later on last off-season as the trade talks with the Red Sox stalled the Twins again offered us Johan for Kennedy and Melky straight up. Again, the Yankees turned them down and he ended up going to the Mets.

I can understand Cashman turning down the first two offers. Especially the one involving Wang the Yankees could never make that deal. However, Johan for Kennedy and Melky straight up would have been a steal for us. Even the first offer of Hughes, Kennedy and Melky would have been highway robbery for the Yankees.

I still think the Yankees will turn it around this season. Wang is still Wang, Pettite will probably get back on track, Rasner will probably continue to pitch well and Mussina has been surprisingly decent so far. Once we get Arod back the offense will get back on track and hopefully it'll be enough to get us a wildcard.

I'm a 19-year old Yankee fan, I guess I have an IQ lower than Forrest Gump. You guys are really something.

I didnt say you have a low IQ. IQ measures intelligence. Intelligence has nothing to do with experiencing life and nothing to do with baseball knowledge.

You know nothing about life.

And if you are like every other young yankee fan, you know nothing about baseball.

You havent lived through the ups and downs. You havent experienced Dale Berra and Mike Pagliarulo. When you do, come back and see us.

Until then, go back in the corner.

I didnt say you have a low IQ. IQ measures intelligence. Intelligence has nothing to do with experiencing life and nothing to do with baseball knowledge.

You know nothing about life.

And if you are like every other young yankee fan, you know nothing about baseball.

You havent lived through the ups and downs. You havent experienced Dale Berra and Mike Pagliarulo. When you do, come back and see us.

Until then, go back in the corner.

You don't have to go through the downs to "know a lot about baseball." You're completely wrong. If you want to say I don't know how it feels to follow a losing team, then you'd be right. But to say I don't know baseball is just wrong.

You don't have to go through the downs to "know a lot about baseball." You're completely wrong. If you want to say I don't know how it feels to follow a losing team, then you'd be right. But to say I don't know baseball is just wrong.

Well, I have no way to know if you know anything about baseball or not, but being a young Yankee fan doesnt work in your favor for people to think you are knowledgeable. Most young yankee fans are homers who dont know the first thing about the sport. Maybe you're different....

maybe you should start teaching your fellow yankee fans how to be knowledgeable, because they are making you look bad.

I ask 1 thing. I would like to know what you think of John Sterling.

Well, I have no way to know if you know anything about baseball or not, but being a young Yankee fan doesnt work in your favor for people to think you are knowledgeable. Most young yankee fans are homers who dont know the first thing about the sport. Maybe you're different....

maybe you should start teaching your fellow yankee fans how to be knowledgeable, because they are making you look bad.

I ask 1 thing. I would like to know what you think of John Sterling.

It's hard not to appreciate John's passion and enthusiasm for the Yankees, and for that I appreciate what he does. But they couldn't have picked a less knowledgeable play-by-play man who probably shouldn't be in a radio booth.

Archived