Tanginia

Make a move for a top flight offensive threat that doesn't reside on the line or else you'll be losing a lot of 16-10 games this year and will be unwatchable, yet again. this is new york dammit, not topeka. GET SOme DAMN SUPERSTARS!!!

The Jets offense is heading in a different direction IMO.

I see more of a run and gun, power style offense.

Editorial on this coming by the end of the week. :penguin:

The Jets offense is heading in a different direction IMO.

I see more of a run and gun, power style offense.

Editorial on this coming by the end of the week. :penguin:

great, all we have to do is wait until vick gets out of prison to institute the run and run cause penningslow and kellen lemons isn't running that scheme.

manning, palmer, brady -- similarities? pocket passer. Eff run and gun.

Make a move for a top flight offensive threat that doesn't reside on the line or else you'll be losing a lot of 16-10 games this year and will be unwatchable, yet again. this is new york dammit, not topeka. GET SOme DAMN SUPERSTARS!!!

I love comments like this.

Who? Name the player. I'd love to see them get more offensive weapons, who in their right mind wouldn't?

But who is this stud who's available that we sat on our hands and didn't go after?

Who? Name the player. I'd love to see them get more offensive weapons, who in their right mind wouldn't?

But who is this stud who's available that we sat on our hands and didn't go after?

insert 30 year old cry baby bengal receiver below.

a wideout instead of a TE in round 1. make a strong move for Chad johnson or roy williams. trade up for DMC.

insert 30 year old cry baby bengal receiver below.

As far as I can tell, said crybaby still resides on his original team.

Combine that with the fact that it's been documented that the Redskins offered a 1st this year with a conditional pick that could go to a 1 in 09, and it's pretty apparent he's not going anywhere.

a wideout instead of a TE in round 1. make a strong move for Chad johnson or roy williams. trade up for DMC.

i'm glad the FO doesn't follow big names like you do. I'm more than happy building the lines first then the "playmakers" later.

Every team in the first round passed on these WR's in the first round, maybe they just weren't that good?

As far as Chad Johnson (see above) and Roy Williams, they're both on their original team, maybe the Bengals and Lions don't want to trade elite WRs for draft picks.

DMC would have been fun, but he's got a pretty high bust potential. On top of that, are you really going to basically give up your entire draft for another running back?

Every team in the first round passed on these WR's in the first round, maybe they just weren't that good?

As far as Chad Johnson (see above) and Roy Williams, they're both on their original team, maybe the Bengals and Lions don't want to trade elite WRs for draft picks.

DMC would have been fun, but he's got a pretty high bust potential. On top of that, are you really going to basically give up your entire draft for another running back?

explain to me why a team in the top media market in the world has had exactly zero elite offensive players in the last 20+ years.

explain to me why a team in the top media market in the world has had exactly zero elite offensive players in the last 20+ years.

Bad luck: We did draft a WR #1 overall, he didn't turn into the superstar many had hoped, but he was good.

Bad Management: Bad drafting, it's not like we haven't tried, it just hasn't worked out. And elite players don't usually shake free in FA.

This isn't baseball: Market does not matter one bit, there's a salary cap, revenue sharing, and national television contracts rather than local ones.

-------

And while the guy may not be 'elite' by many standards, we're probably sending a RB to the HoF on the first ballot, no?

Bad luck: We did draft a WR #1 overall, he didn't turn into the superstar many had hoped, but he was good.

Bad Management: Bad drafting, it's not like we haven't tried, it just hasn't worked out. And elite players don't usually shake free in FA.

This isn't baseball: Market does not matter one bit, there's a salary cap, revenue sharing, and national television contracts rather than local ones.

-------

And while the guy may not be 'elite' by many standards, we're probably sending a RB to the HoF on the first ballot, no?

every other team, except the jets has had an elite talent in the past 20 years. we're the only one. inexcusable. the only reason you're defending them is because you yourself have come to tolerate diminished expectations.

every other team, except the jets has had an elite talent in the past 20 years. we're the only one. inexcusable. the only reason you're defending them is because you yourself have come to tolerate diminished expectations.

Please, you don't know me at all.

And, I'll counter with the Cardinals, Steelers, Seahawks, Saints, should I go on?

Please, you don't know me at all.

And, I'll counter with the Cardinals, Steelers, Seahawks, Saints, should I go on?

cards: larry fitz (obvious elite talent)

steelers: are you kidding? rare case because their defense was AMAZINGLY dominatant. jets don't have that luxury. plus, big ben is twice the QB penny will ever be. add hines ward (physically limited but exemplar of consistent production).

seahawks: alexander and hasselback, despite their flaws >>> any jets offensive player in the past 20 yrs

saints: brees, colston. new wave of elite talent. if jets grabbed brees we would've won 8+ last yr.

cards: larry fitz (obvious elite talent)

steelers: are you kidding? rare case because their defense was AMAZINGLY dominatant. jets don't have that luxury. plus, big ben is twice the QB penny will ever be. add hines ward (physically limited but exemplar of consistent production).

seahawks: alexander and hasselback, despite their flaws >>> any jets offensive player in the past 20 yrs

saints: brees, colston. new wave of elite talent. if jets grabbed brees we would've won 8+ last yr.

You used the words elite, and now you're dropping names of 'solid' to 'good' players such as alexander and Hasselback... If you call Alexander elite, you absolutely have to call Martin the same. And QB is a wholly different issue, and I'd agree, we haven't had a good QB since Namath, again, bad management, you wont hear any argument from me on the QB issue, listen, we haven't had a good QB since Namath... Bad drafting.

Colston is an elite WR now? Please, he's good. That's it. And we were in no position to sign Brees. You were going to pay a guy 10 mill coming off a shoulder surgery when we already had another guy on the roster we were paying similar coming off a shoulder surgery?

Steelers, you said no team but the Jets. I showed you one.

I'll give you Larry Fitz, an oversight on my part...

--------

Now, let's look at some of the elite offensive talent, barring QB's because that's a different argument.

WRs:

Roy Williams

Larry Fitzgerald

Chad Johnson

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Braylon Edwards

Steve Smith

RBs:

LaDanian Tomlinson

Brian Westbrook

Steven Jackson

Larry Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Adrian Peterson

That's a nice list of elite offensive playmakers, no?

I'll save you the trouble in counting the Super Bowls accrued, it's 0.

You used the words elite, and now you're dropping names of 'solid' to 'good' players such as alexander and Hasselback... If you call Alexander elite, you absolutely have to call Martin the same. And QB is a wholly different issue, and I'd agree, we haven't had a good QB since Namath, again, bad management, you wont hear any argument from me on the QB issue, listen, we haven't had a good QB since Namath... Bad drafting.

Colston is an elite WR now? Please, he's good. That's it. And we were in no position to sign Brees. You were going to pay a guy 10 mill coming off a shoulder surgery when we already had another guy on the roster we were paying similar coming off a shoulder surgery?

Steelers, you said no team but the Jets. I showed you one.

I'll give you Larry Fitz, an oversight on my part...

--------

Now, let's look at some of the elite offensive talent, barring QB's because that's a different argument.

WRs:

Roy Williams

Larry Fitzgerald

Chad Johnson

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Braylon Edwards

Steve Smith

RBs:

LaDanian Tomlinson

Brian Westbrook

Steven Jackson

Larry Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Adrian Peterson

That's a nice list of elite offensive playmakers, no?

I'll save you the trouble in counting the Super Bowls accrued, it's 0.

saying that some teams with elite talent haven't won is no excuse to support a team with such a languid history of mediocrity (or worse). because some teams with elite talent haven't won the prize doesn't excuse the jets from trying.

saying that some teams with elite talent haven't won is no excuse to support a team with such a languid history of mediocrity (or worse). because some teams with elite talent haven't won the prize doesn't excuse the jets from trying.

It's not 'some teams', its the cream of the crop in elite talent in the NFL, and they all share a lack of a championship in common. Marvin Harrison is the only one missing from that list, and it took how many tries? The best QB possibly ever? And at the end of the day, an ENORMOUS contribution from the defense to finally get over the top and win. All the other variables were constant, the defense showed up, and they won.

The point, which you obviously missed, is that these playmakers are 'icing on the cake'. They're not helping their team win championships.

No one is denying that the Jets have been a bad team, but your advocating putting 24 inch chrome wheels on a Ford Taurus. At the end of the day, it's still a Taurus.

It's not 'some teams', its the cream of the crop in elite talent in the NFL, and they all share a lack of a championship in common. Marvin Harrison is the only one missing from that list, and it took how many tries? The best QB possibly ever? And at the end of the day, an ENORMOUS contribution from the defense to finally get over the top and win. All the other variables were constant, the defense showed up, and they won.

The point, which you obviously missed, is that these playmakers are 'icing on the cake'. They're not helping their team win championships.

No one is denying that the Jets have been a bad team, but your advocating putting 24 inch chrome wheels on a Ford Taurus. At the end of the day, it's still a Taurus.

rather have a taurus with rims than a taurus with flat tires.

Does elit talent to you refer only to skill positions??? becuase if so, than you should start typing elite skill positions in all your posts, becuase last time I checked WR and RBs were't the most important positions on the field. We addressed an area of need with an elite offensive player in Faneca; you say that DC's won't be up all night gameplanning for just him, but he's part of a whole unit who will most definately be game-planned against. Along with the additions of Woody and Trich, our running game could see huge strides.

As for your WRs you were so high on this past draft, I would wait to see how they shake out compared to our dustin keller. While i definately like the value of the steelers picks with mendenhall and sweed, it remains to be seen if taking these skill players before more needed players will work out for them. It'll be something to keep your eye on.

you're defending the indefensible. if you're happy with the jets over the past 40 years, i think a comparison to the washington generals over the raiders is more appropriate.

Where did I say I was happy?

I've said multiple times they've been a bad team.

What I'm also saying is you're solution to that fact is completely and utterly wrong. It's been proven by those 40 years of NFL history. Or more notably, proven by the success of teams in the salary cap era.

Where did I say I was happy?

I've said multiple times they've been a bad team.

What I'm also saying is you're solution to that fact is completely and utterly wrong. It's been proven by those 40 years of NFL history. Or more notably, proven by the success of teams in the salary cap era.

so your proposal is continue our trend of losing with scrubs because not all teams with superstars win? awesome. why not field a team 40 million under the salary cap and accept that the lombardi trophy is unattainable by a team playing on the biggest media stage in the world?

so your proposal is continue our trend of losing with scrubs because not all teams with superstars win? awesome. why not field a team 40 million under the salary cap and accept that the lombardi trophy is unattainable by a team playing on the biggest media stage in the world?

Again, media market means nothing. All teams are on a level playing field because of a national television contract and revenue sharing. I've said this, you either ignored it or don't understand it.

My proposal is to build through the draft, see if Clemens is the real deal, if not, take a QB in the first next year. We addressed three huge problems this offseason:

We improved the O-line. Do you realize that 2 starters on our O-line last year don't even have jobs as back-ups.

We improved the run defense. Jenkins is a huge upgrade over D-Rob. And hey, he's an elite player.

We improved the pass rush. We made awful QB's look like Montana. We added arguably the best pass rusher in the draft, and another guy who can get to the QB in Pace.

The Pats 3 Super Bowls came without elite WRs or RBs. I'd go that route rather than your Al Davis, 19 wins in 5 years, philosophy.

Again, media market means nothing. All teams are on a level playing field because of a national television contract and revenue sharing. I've said this, you either ignored it or don't understand it.

My proposal is to build through the draft, see if Clemens is the real deal, if not, take a QB in the first next year. We addressed three huge problems this offseason:

We improved the O-line. Do you realize that 2 starters on our O-line last year don't even have jobs as back-ups.

We improved the run defense. Jenkins is a huge upgrade over D-Rob. And hey, he's an elite player.

We improved the pass rush. We made awful QB's look like Montana. We added arguably the best pass rusher in the draft, and another guy who can get to the QB in Pace.

The Pats 3 Super Bowls came without elite WRs or RBs. I'd go that route rather than your Al Davis, 19 wins in 5 years, philosophy.

i bet you have a closet full of nagle, jolly and meshawn jerseys.

Apparently so does Gholston according to some very knowledgeable people.

don't waste your breath TJ. according to the youngins on the board if you don't face a generation of inept ownership and management in the fetal position with nary a protest you're not a true fan.

:rl: Oh wait, that's NOT funny. :)

i bet you have a closet full of nagle, jolly and meshawn jerseys.

Ah, I get it, you don't actually care about winning or building a good team. You simply want to have a flashy name on the back of the Jersey you buy.

Archived